Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
small group of congressional cucks would rather rearrange the deck chairs and hope the republicans will be nice to the new guy than figure out how to counterpunch against the inevitable screams mindless rage directed against them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so what are we gonna do when the next guy gets their name made synonymous with baby-eating and devil worshiping? wring our hands again and turf them out, repeat ad absurdum?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
there's tons of reasons to swap out Pelosi that you can make an argument for but fuckin GA-6 is the most candy-rear end one of them all

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my concern with replacing Pelosi is that given the current makeup of the house caucus we'll end up with some boring nebbish with adequate hair and much less ability to whip

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[strong bad voice] Steny Hoyer

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They can't, and probably shouldn't just now. They can't snatch the DNC chair either but it's a lot more embarrassing for the story to be about him.

What has Pelosi done that gets everybody upset again? To me she comes off as what Clinton claimed to be, someone who would love to be more progressive but is pragmatic about it.

Pelosi is chronically overcautious and, while not actively irredeemable, just behind the times in a lot of ways on account of being old. shes no Feinstein, and i tend to credit her with having the awareness necessary to be pushed on issues, but shes just got a lot of baggage and is slow on the uptake

in conclusion Nancy Pelosi can be compared and contrasted

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Condiv posted:

is her fighting against singlepayer in her state while claiming she's for trying it on a state by state basis an example of having the awareness necessary to be pushed on the issues, or just two-faced conniving like hillary clinton?

Condiv i dont think this is a question you actually are seeking an answer to

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we had a chance for a new start with a suck zone free of snotty grousing and you schlemiels threw it all away. tch, typical brenard brothers

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al! posted:

in what universe

well i mean surely there must be one

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
actually only Maoists are good, a point which i hope you will come to appreciate after your struggle session

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Fair warning: I just gave $10 to Randy Bryce, so he'll probably come out against abortion or something soon.

hes gonna turn out to be one of those Ron Paul 5 Minute Rule types of guys where suddenly at 4:59 a light goes off in his head and he starts talking about how no gat drat pointy head doctor is givin his daughters no gat drat slut vaccines

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

I wonder if a Republican constitutional convention would be enough to split the union.

based on how well theyre managing the government right now i can only assume an attempt to call a convention would be not so much a train wreck as a train flying off a broken bridge and hitting a passenger zeppelin and then they both plummet into the gorge below and land on a really perplexed cow

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION is like the left's FEMA DEATH CAMPS

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like bear in mind the convention has to write its own rules for things like delegations and good luck getting 2/3rds of the states to agree on anything right now

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I'd say it's a little more plausible since they only need one more state legislature and it's being openly talked about in most of them.

yeah but then theyd have to organize it and lmao

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

KomradeX posted:

Remember when the AHCA had no chance of passing the senate. Let's stop under estimating the people who keep beating us

got any sevens posted:

sure, and people said trump would never win too...

theres very few bullshit technicalities for them to game in a convention. even if they clear the 2/3rds hurdle to call a convention, assuming they somehow get 2/3rds of the states to agree on how such a horroshow would be run, the amendments would require 3/4ths of the states to approve.

theres a reason we dont do it very often

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*leans out of office waving fistful of print outs* Warrens a neolib now, boss

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

hot new idea for burning man 2018: ted talks

I think they already do that

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Berning Man, three days of remixes of Sanders speeches

Thuh bankuhs, th-th-thuh bankuhs *bass drop*

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

well the dems arent doing abortion rights a big favor by constantly adopting the right's framing that abortions are bad and should be "rare" and that women who get them should feel distraught

they should be rare because comprehensive sex ed should make them unnecessary :eng101:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the quintessential clueless tech utopian guy is that one dude who proposed we subsidize laptops for the homeless so they could learn to code

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That's the point, my dude. The right has made abortion so rare that it's practically impossible to get access in over half the states.

The point of contention from the beginning was the notion that the Democratic party should be a big tent that also encompasses pro-lifers. But if you want to "work with" pro-lifers, that means you're also willing to compromise on abortion.

if you want a 50 state campaign you have to deal with pro-lifers

the 10 million dollar question is whether or not they can be whipped

so i guess what we want is bitchmade pro-lifers in whatever districts require them

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dreylad posted:

or people who can attract pro-life voters without being pro-life themselves.

I've noticed a trend generally in politics during the election and after where people confuse ideological purity with electoral strategy. only one wins you elections and gives you access to power.

do these voters exist

pro-lifers tend to be rather strident

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dreylad posted:

I'm new here and don't understand what any of this means but cheers

just roll with it, nothing means anything

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dreylad posted:

I've come to accept I'll never get a handle on ironic distanceposting that is CSPAM and just continue to post earnestly as best I can.

i like to think of my posting as whimsically earnest

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dreylad posted:

oh now I get it! hell yeah let's do this

thats the spirit!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

at the height of the Gilded Age, radical leftists were engaging in assassination attempts against CEOs and terrorist bombings on Wall Street, while unions were getting into literal gun battles with strikebreakers and Pinkertons while federal troops were regularly being called to intervene by force in labor disputes

well Steve Scalise just got his dick and balls blown off at baseball practice so get hype i guess

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like seriously you guys realize youll just get someone with similar politics and shittier whipping if you replace pelosi right

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hot take but "how badly will this own randos i dislike on twitter" is not a good reason to do anything

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the party is dying anyway regardless

well then lets all kill ourselves i guess

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

I don't think it's about that and more about we need to try something, anything else

doing poo poo at random at the behest of Bill Kristol and Sean Hannity is still a bad idea

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

joke's on you, i'm already dead!

same, but only for tax purposes

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

I don't care if they want that but continuing business as usual isn't sustainable.

ask yourself why they want it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i just want my drat dinner egg and at this point i dont care who delivers it!!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i have no idea why Nate bothered including CA-34 on that graph

the R candidate barely showed up

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this Yankovich guy is a clone they grew in a vat and just decanted on Monday

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
whoa hey slow your roll, Michelle wasnt the only inspiring speech at the DNC

Rev Barber brought down the house

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i feel obligated to hold the Barber speech up at every possible opportunity cuz i feel that sort of thing ought to be the democratic model moving forward

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

this is funny except for the dumb part where it suggests the DNC actually wants single-payer

also, who are people suggesting as a more progressive replacement for Pelosi? the lack of names is the reason why I'm loath to get on that bandwagon for now

kinda looks like Tim Ryan gunning for her again tbh

they just tried this poo poo at the end of last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Tim Ryan seems like kind of a climber

• Locked thread