Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

isn't he kinda right wing or did i make that up

voted for the Stupak amendment but came to jesus on the matter and now claims to be pro choice

mostly seems okay but has a weird couple of votes against Do Not Call legislation???

well thats... a take of some sort, to be sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

UHD posted:

has ellison even hinted at wanting the minority lead job

im hard pressed to decide whether congressional leadership or DNC chair is the more thankless job

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Ryans vote against the Do Not Call registry is just weird

like, whats your deal my man

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
is that statement based on literally anything at all, because from her timeline it looks like shes just angry about the Hoyer comment

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agean90 posted:

do we have any reason to give the democrats the benefit of the doubt that it's false?

well not giving yourself a rage stroke over twitter speculation is prolly a good one

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this thread makes me udnerstand less of reality every day

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agean90 posted:

my friend rage is my adderal. from it comes the fuel for political action

thats some stiff coal, man

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im lovin this cryptid candidate guy

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im not entirely convinced the Yankster actually exists

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/CathyMyersWI/status/877996969549070336

A third challenger has entered the Ironstache / Yankovich bloodbath primary

looking forward to the revelation that she has never been spotted in the wild except for a few highly suspect, blurry photos of her loping into the woods

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
a fourth challenger appears, who is either some kind of highly developed neural net bot or a very strange ghost in the Twitter servers

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Are you FOR the Lion Assad?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
number 7, some sour cream thats been in the fridge just long enough to be iffy

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
#9 - jorts. just jorts.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*descends slowly from above in a harness attached to a squeaky rope and pulley system*

*is facing the wrong way; spend several seconds trying to turn around*

*hangs awkwardly for a couple seconds and clears throat*

more like Schmuck Schumer

well, that's my post

*starts ascending again*

*gets stuck halfway*

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

the schism/faction thing in the party is irrevocable, at this point... there's not going to be any dem electoral victories for the near future bc so many berdies won't vote for bad dems anymore while lanyards are sticking with their corporate-donors-and-pragmatic-baby-steps-are-just-fine-and-who-needs-single-payer-anyway scripts.

I guess some of the congressional races in 2018 will garner votes from both types of dems, especially where there aren't primary contests, but the next presidential race is prolly a lost cause. Warren & Franken are kinda feet-in-both-camps (rather, they're perceived that way) but there's no way Perez et al. are gonna turn their trite pap and trump-bad reflexes into a united and victorious party in the next few years.

THANKS, OBERNIE

thank god we've got people like you telling us a year and a half in advance to lie down and die. you should write mailers for the DCCC

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like sorry Willa i respect you a lot as a poster and you did a lot to educate me on how generation wars are largely a GOP messaging campaign to undermine the social safety net, and for that i thank you, but this self-pitying lets-all-cut-our-loving-wrists-because-hope-is-dead poo poo is pathetic beyond words

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Schumer, to his credit, endorsed Ellison for DNC chair. i would not expect him of all people to have a bearing on which way the wind is blowing, but if even he can figure it out then that alone should be cause for hope.

essentially im just loving tired of this endless lily-livered defeatism from the wing of the party thats supposed to be the vanguard. yeah, you take some Ls. so it goes. life's a bitch. no one told you this would be easy. loving cowboy up because if all it takes to rip your spine out is losing a house seat in loving Georgia then your revolution was stillborn.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm not self-pitying and I'm no longer a democrat. I have no vested interest in the future of the dem party, but I'm fascinated with the changes that I see younger generations than mine making inside & outside the political process.

But I also see the civil war, as FG put it, and I actually think that's good and healthy for both the party and the country.

thank you so loving much for laying the responsibility of waging this civil war on us younger generations, boomer. im sure youll be loving vindicated in your pissy disaffectation, because you have the luxury of adopting it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
youll die of old age; ill be dead of global warming

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hot take from a younger generation, Willa

either adopt full on Nothing Matters nihilism or stop wasting my time with your quasi-lefty triangulation

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yeah fine thats fair

just do me a favor and dont assert how useless and hopeless our engagement is

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

I just googled that second fellow and you guys are never gonna believe what I learned

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nonsense posted:

jus lol @ criticizing Willa for being cynical and a boomer when there are loving 35 year olds on this dead gay forum tellin us for years dumbshits like Ossoff were gonna win the heartland and for you 20 somethings to get into line

jus lol

I fell deep into the suck zone last night

sorry for bein an rear end, Willa

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

something about the relative fleet-footedness of certain groups?

also one weird tip about dietary silver supplements the government doesnt want you to know

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
colloidal ironstache

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
exit, pursued by lanyards

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/878297910407905280

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Iron Abuela Sippin' Ethanol
"It's Evidently the Best We Can Do Right Now"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

reaching a bit, i feel

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

anime was right posted:

for real dont commit crimes and also dont do immoral stuff

im doin crimes right now, rear end hole

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

anime was right posted:

remember when mom tried this and no one cared lol

thats cuz MO'M was a larping lameo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
anyhoo, Keith Ellison opening for RTJ when

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
incidentally watching RTJ turn into the unofficial soundtrack of the left has been pretty awesome because it means that all these old dudes keep winding up on stage with Killer Mike and El-P and its like "yeah we should do more good things and fewer bad things. now heres a song about cunnilingus"

frankly i think this kind of discourse should be more widely adopted

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agnosticnixie posted:

https://twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/887292895610290176

Humanitarian centrism. I know foreign policy is like the thing most americans care about the least but any democratic primary that doesn't address the grip the Washington consensus has is going to lead to some incredibly hosed up poo poo even if Hillary "Nuke Tehran" Clinton isn't the one running, and want it or not, US foreign policy has knock on effects on some of the terrible poo poo that happens domestically. Imperial centers have a deep rot basically. Basically primary Schumer even if he bends the knee.

ahhh theres the Schumer i been waiting to see

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so this threads still the same five pseudo-Derbyshires hollering themselves hoarse at the zergman huh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hes an unfillable hole, fellas. theres no limit to zegermans appetite for getting yelled at

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

holy poo poo I had no idea his career went so far back

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the man has dedication to his craft of getting bawled out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

deadgoon posted:

what happened 2011-2016

i think someone should make an expanded universe comic book about that gap in the continuity

*starcraft marine opens his visor to let out a bunch of cigar smoke and read a zerg man post* hell, its about time

• Locked thread