Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
OP suggestion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
maybe also mention in the OP that corbyn just achieved a massive upset against (once again) establishment predictions and polling by doing the exact things that establishment dems refuse to do here lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

heres the dude running against Randy "Ironstache" Bryce

let me guess, this is the guy the dccc is supporting over Bryce

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
*massive, overwhelming evidence to the contrary*

"hm... maybe what we need... is more centrism..."

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Not a Step posted:

You have got to be loving kidding me

what about the modern democrats make you think this is a joke lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Condiv posted:

is her fighting against singlepayer in her state while claiming she's for trying it on a state by state basis an example of having the awareness necessary to be pushed on the issues, or just two-faced conniving like hillary clinton?

it's definitely the latter

the democratic party apparatus definitively does not want candidates that support single payer to win democratic primaries

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
he could have at least had a full bar lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION is like the left's FEMA DEATH CAMPS

Except far more probable and realistic, yes

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

welp with these responses he has jusg assured he will get zero dnc support

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
twitter is a plague upon all our houses

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Dreylad posted:

that looks like exactly how you get elected as a leftist in america, assuming he gets through the primary

DNC already got their absolute boy tho

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yankovich is the human embodiment of a cheese curd

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

? but he's not from wisconsin

:ssh:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm sorry, but does having a vision for the future solve racism?

Let's focus on the real issues at hand: why Russia was the biggest factor in the 2016 elections, and how we can improve the ACA.

#resist

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
well, except that he'll probably be opposed by the dccc

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yankovich is this lukewarm pastiche of not-quite-melted cheese, soft policy, focus-grouped sauerkraut, kosher beef, and no mustard

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

that vox story about sanders led me to the latest KFF survey on healthcare.

and while the ACA has just barely garnered a majority of voter support for the first time since it was passed (51 percent approval), the result I found stunning was the transpartisan approval rating of medicaid:

also democratic voters are trash in a dumpster when it comes to changing medicaid requirements:

the party breakdown for this survey was 385 dem voters, 311 gop voters, and 407 indy voters.

i think im just gonna flatly not support any dems that do not have single payer/medicare for all as a non-negotiable policy position, they've had multiple good opportunities to make real progress on single payer and instead decided to not support them after all :thunk: almost like...they didn't really support it in the first place

done with a party that doesn't believe in universal healthcare tbqh, it's only slightly less important than GW

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ThndrShk2k posted:

Lets not even bother to try, all is doomed

please don't post closed-door meeting notes from DNC leadership meetings

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
all this hyperorbitalization is making me queasy

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quote:

We ran an economy-first campaign centered on local prosperity and opportunity. I focused on the development of metro Atlanta into a world-class commercial capital, on affordable higher education and technical training, on research and development to drive innovation in Georgia’s tech sector, on renewal of our transportation infrastructure and a commitment to fiscal responsibility, on pointing out that taxpayers are rightfully upset that the federal government wastes hundreds of billions of dollars per year.

:thunk:

sometimes i forget how much CHUDs care about the deficit as though it's some tangible thing that affects their lives every day

and lol that this means anything other than cutting from programs like NHS instead of where it should be, the fuckin' military

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

shifting the conversation to the deficit instead of the debt is an age old rich dude trick

and that national debt is nothing like household debt, especially WRT the U.S., but this is still constantly pushed like it means something, something BAD!!!

everyone was so austerity crazy and now that's just kinda up and disappeared when it comes to the upper class getting tax breaks, funny that

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the national debt only means something if the country has very little revenue caused by not getting enough tax revenue from the rich who don't spend much on anything circulating the economy as opposed to everyone else :yum:

we could have had tens of trillions in national debt paid off in like 7 years if we still had any capital gains taxes and removed all the regressive taxes implemented during the reagan years lmfao

and even then there wouldn't be much point clearing the national debt in the first place because you won't need to as your gdp outstrips your borrowing rate

think of the noble job creator tho

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

hard to really call it a "massive push" when they never even finished the bill. the never passed the funding mechanism through the senate, which would require a 2/3rds vote. and they didn't bother because the governor would just veto it anyway

lorbl

even with a supermajority of democrats, they continue to find ways to renege on things overwhelming majorities of their constituents want, and here's CC falling over himself with excuses for their actions

its far easier said like this: democrats do not want single payer to happen. they have had multiple opportunities and torpedoed them all. Botton line really

if you care about getting away from the parasitic healthcare system of the u.s., it sure isnt the Republicans to fix it, but its also very clear now the Democratic party doesnt give a flying gently caress about actual healthcare solutions either

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
we need a majority!

we need a supermajority!

we need a supermajority with the governorship!

we need a supermajority with the governorship... of progressives!

can u guys still see those goalposts? the dems have carried them so far away I can't even tell if its time for a hail mary or more power o up the gut

Seemz to me with supermajorities it woild been smarter to run it up the middle on the one yard line, istead lets try a pass gently caress

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
actually in this situation its more like the dems having first and goal at the 1, getting three consecutive false start penalties then deciding to kneel down instead of running a play lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

i don't think anyone here actually believes a supermajority of democrats means there's a supermajority for everything progressives want no matter how much you bleat about it. there's a majority, not a supermajority. you need a supermajority. the only realistic path for such an overhaul is going to be a 2018 initiative

so what you're saying is... democrats...

...are worthless?

:thunk:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

no one ever said "if we have a supermajority of democrats we will have single payer" ever, you literally just invented that

lmao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Using house elves at Hogwarts was a longstanding tradition, which kept down costs.

lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Al! posted:

because the other party is actively working to erode civil rights, bankrupt the country, and directly kill millions rather than just waiting for everything to fall apart and hoping their 401ks survive

wait im confused, which party's perspective is this again

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
but.. incrementalism.. is the light...

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

i mean the california democrats kind of did when they put single payer in their platform

seems to me that progressives should probably just split off from the dems at this point, since even a platform plank and supermajority in state legislature isnt enough for single payer apparently, as you now need a majority of progressives

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
im wearing a skynet shirt right now working in a creative role in the tech industry mwahahaha

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

i don't remember the part of the platform that said "every single person who runs as a democrat will agree to everything listed here"

oh my god, why even loving vote for democrats, jesus christ

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i try voting for people i think are good based on their support of single payer, but then they turn around and end up not supporting it, which makes them bad!

if only there were some kind of test we could apply...

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Serf posted:

1000 years of conservative darkness

we've gone through at least that much in 158 days of the trump adm, or so my time-compression orb tells me

also, we're already getting lesser-evilism by voting democrats anyway, so i guess the enemy of the good is just the bad dems, not the perfect

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

dems'll just shoot it down once it reaches a committee so :shrug:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

If only there were a candidate who'd run on a strong progressive platform instead of the same watered down liberalism that has crushed the working class for for the past 70 years

i mean, there was, the party just decided to go with the watered down liberalism candidate again

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Dreylad posted:

I'm pretty sure that could easily become a popular front (heh) against any leftist influence in the democratic party

could?

it's the status quo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

looks like there needs to be a progressove supermajority for this to happen, cant expect the democrats to adhere to postions theyve supported openly in the recent past 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

When pressed by Payday Report to explain why they had yet to implement Perez’s pledge, the DNC said that they are still exploring ways to find the means to pay them.

:qq:

well why not just use all the money they're not spending in MT, NE or KS

• Locked thread