Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I met an IRL communist who professed support for Jill Stein. I think he probably shopped at Whole Foods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Bernie said something dumb about the famed Red Hen Restaurant in mid-2018, something that I cannot forget, nor forgive. Today, as I cast my vote in the year of our Lord 2020, I take a stand against the perfidious Berners and their false idol. Today I welcome the Green tomorrow.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

90s Rememberer posted:

if your brain is saying "we can't push bernie to be better in 2018 because it will hurt 2020" you're basically a hillary pac circa 2014

Thankfully no one is saying that, phew

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

90s Rememberer posted:

just lol at the idea that nothing posted here can do anything when like 80% of the people posting here were radicalized by LF

LF changed the face of American politics, it's true.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

jon ossoff's campaign knocked on my door 4-5 times with an army of volunteers in the most expensive congressional race in US history

his gop opponent knocked on my door 0 times

I inconvenienced myself by like 3 minutes by going to the polling place that was directly along my commute to ask them if I could write in something other than the two candidates but I couldn't since it was a run-off. I didn't vote.

jon ossoff lost

Heroic.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

Bernie is not, as of this moment, running either :confused:

I also like how she's crowing at Bernie's third-place position here while saying her favorite is the 7th place finisher, with 5th place as running mate

Harris is behind Bloomberg

At this point primary polls for 2020 are essentially just name recognition polls. No one knows who Harris even is.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

if the point is that it's dumb to care about 2020 polls in 2018 I can get behind that

I mean, the polls have been useful in showing that despite their popularity among the establishment class, Booker/Harris/etc. are unknown outsiders to actual voters. That's pretty much it tho.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

kaniela ing with the dsa in honolulu with an abolish ice shirt

it owns

https://twitter.com/dsahonolulu/status/1012428480632446976?s=21

Ing loving owns.

"In 2016, Mark Zuckerberg purchased 700-acres of beach front land on the island of Kauai. Zuckerberg initiated quiet title and adverse possession lawsuits against a number of Native Hawaiian families who held "Kuleana" land rights within his 700-acre Kauai property. Ing called for mediation and community outreach and quipped that "in Hawaii... we don't initiate conversation by filing a lawsuit against our neighbors."[9] Ing argued that defendants in quiet title lawsuits often incur more costs than they ever get paid out, and adverse possession is predatory by nature and has been used historically to displace Native Hawaiians. Zuckerberg ultimately dropped the lawsuits in response and offered an apology. Kaniela thanked the billionaire for "learning and appreciating the delicate history of our islands." During the 2017-2018 legislative biennium, Ing introduced a bill to weigh the quiet title process more evenly for defendants."

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

she's not loving calling for abolishing ice. she wants goddamn diet ice.

Their detrntion centers MUST be consolidated.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rastor posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/StudioSpicy/status/1012148082987765760

let's study the data and obsess about what trump voters think and how to win them over

Margin between Clinton and Trump is wrong in this pic. There are 2-3m more eligible Clinton voters than Trump voters (possibly more now, depending on how many ancient liches bit it in the past two years).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

how is this a gem

idk why it's a bad idea to train people on basic stuff like tracking early voting numbers, creating walk/phone universes for volunteers, doing candidate call time/prospecting potential donors, talking to media, etc. there are a lot of staffers who aren't very good or don't know how to do that stuff and the dnc in the past has done basically nothing to train anyone, so this seems like a small step forward.

Train people in vendor selection more like lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Which reminds me, if Jeff Bezos really wants to live the Bloomberg life, he'll have to run for mayor of Seattle.

Literally below his paygrade, lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

essentially -

superdelegates are barred from participating in the selection of a presidential candidate except in the very rare (i.e. has never happened) scenario that there is a stalemate at the convention and no candidate is able to get 50%+1. they may also participate if one candidate wins over 59% of the pledged delegate vote (ensuring it is impossible for them to overturn it).

you need only a majority of pledged delegates to win, now - superdelegates are effectively eliminated except in a very extreme scenario.

a thing that's notable - in the event of a stalemate, all of the delegates are released. so although supers have influence in the second round, in the event of a 3 or 4 way fragmented convention they probably will never be decisive even if they vote as a bloc.

Oh poo poo, that's better than I was expecting.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
This Crowley fellow sounds like a real piece of work, lemme tell ya.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drat he's just owning suckers in the replies, too. Good poo poo.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Owning succers*

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

extreme levels of hyperventilation itt

People seem rightfully annoyed that the ancient boomer carpetbagger won't jump through a really simple hoop for the sake of the party. If it was a lefty candidate doing this poo poo you'd be in here making snide comments about how it shows that they and their team are inexperienced, unprofessional, and uncooperative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lol if you dont want this, just lol

• Locked thread