Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what if hes using these photos to determine the demos making fun of him and rallying for him so he knows exactly who to appeal to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

drat i could use an extra grand a month tbh

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

idgi

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Homeless Friend posted:

hes postin vids like crazy

hagoodman??

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

uh, no, that would be donald trump

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
extremely hot take: if medicare for all happens and womens health care is covered, then PP loses a shitload of money

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

he is Extremely Good At This holy poo poo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ironstache is pretty much exactly how i imagine u should run a campaign right now, it will probably fail because *checks excuse list* wisconsin is really good at voter disenfranchisement

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right posted:

extremely hot take: if medicare for all happens and womens health care is covered, then PP loses a shitload of money

uh i just realized, maybe this is why PP, despite having a 100% record for both bernie and hillary, endorsed hillary so brazenly :stare:

i really hope thats not true, bc everyone deserves free access to birth control and contraceptives no matter what

the people that make salaries in PP would be endangered by single payer.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
thats probably a super paranoid take but i mean...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
sun-blazing take: support single payer but also making PP a government institution with additional funding

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
instead of threatening planned parenthoods survival instead empower them to be the stopgap where the government may fall short and give them additional government funding, but make it contingent on single payer passing. otherwise they can remain as-is.

win-win

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

PP's primary endorsement is particularly galling bc prior to last year, they'd never made a dem primary endorsement, and chose to die on this particular Hill:

of course, they had absolutely nothing to say about Bob Casey holding a spot on Clinton's campaign committee, nor about her choosing Tim "Choose Life" Kaine as her veep.

ya im just genuinely trying to figure out why they're doing this stuff, its weird

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

UHD posted:

cantor getting primaried years back gives me hope

incumbency advantage still makes it an uphill climb but no one is immune to a primary challenge

i feel like being a house speaker is actually a disadvantage that outweighs this tho, because no one likes the house and they are the most prominent associate of its perceived failures

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
has anyone made an

america... zuck yeah!

joke?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shear Modulus posted:

heather is right that slavery is a good way to keep costs down

enslave the ceos, imo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Joementum posted:

dnc store update: you can, right now, buy a shirt reading "#proudofpotus"

lmao

keep 'em coming, joe

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

squizzle is a good IK

i like that we have IKs again in general

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Al! posted:

xposting lmao

we're all gonna die

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im still sad i drank the kool aid during the last few days. i was genuinely terrified of a trump win for most of the campaign

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Maarek posted:

I looked through that thread after the election and it was incredible how angry and mean people got at anyone who said they were worried about it being close or her losing. Unsurprisingly almost none of the people who were completely wrong about everything seemed to step back and question their strategies or ideologies post-election.

my general fear was clinton would lose to trump, specifically, but if she fought any other candidate she would have won by virtue of people going "oh gently caress this" and we'd have the lowest turnout election in recent history

i went in hard for bernie when it was becoming clear trump could possibly win... i felt he stood the better chance against the entire field, while hillary would potentially win against another run of the mill politician.

no one wanted the loving status quo in 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

consumed by normies posted:

the days of shook and arzying were dark days

that guys last posts are "hillary is going to win" and then a random question about path of exile

hes probably still collecting loot to this day...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also i forgive anyone who thinks hillary would have won under the assumption she actually had a real campaign which is actually a pretty understandable but retrospectively wrong take

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

rudatron posted:

it was the consistent polling that got, and still gets me.

Were the samples of the polling companies that biased and wrong?

Or did the people they sampled not report accurately, or was there a flaw in the methodology?

Or, once the people got inside the polling booth, did something just, snap?

Maybe there's an element of politics that can't be reduced to a number, no matter how hard you try, and any attempt at quantifying it leads to failure.

voter suppression + the "shamed into not admitting i'd vote for trump" factor + we were mostly using national polls and not the really tight areas that could swing the election. if a voter has every intent of voting and the models are right, but they have been removed from the records in some fashion, that counts as a representative vote in a poll that is not actually counter. if republicans successfully hosed over say, a single cities worth of voters in oh say, milwaukee, congrats, trump just won wisconsin despite being behind in entirely accurate polls.

this is why i keep screaming gently caress the presidency, win congress + every statehouse and then work from there. as our cities gets denser and denser, the landowner advantage built into the system continuously favors republicans. its only going to get worse, not better. states control voting laws, not the feds, and yet almost every state is controlled by republicans right now...

anime was right has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Jun 28, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i bet you dollars to donuts that many who were had been wrongfully sentenced

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dreylad posted:

clinton apparently even identifies them as african-american in her book, maybe, it's sort of not clear

jfc ._.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it gets even better: the hillary cultists began reflexively defending it by claiming it gave the prison slaves valuable work experience they could use on their resumes when they got out

but they were citing a separate program which had been abolished by the federal courts nearly a decade earlier due to gross human rights violations

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

woah woah woah, look at all those bernie bros who want free health care

why wont anyone listen to what nonwhite women want

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
a carpet beetle crawled on me and i freaked the gently caress out, now i have ptsd

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
wrong thread but im leaving that there

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its far more likely that mitt romney was a paid staffer or something or a family member of one

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
every dem politician should unequivocally support abortion, but their phrasing doesn't have to match.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i dont think theres any issues with "im pro life, but the right to privacy is the right to privacy, i will not interfere with roe v wade" to "free abortion with your next oil change" so long as they govern similarly

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

GalacticAcid posted:

The Yglesias take is: public option with automatic enrollment

Here are some other options --

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/879766948095176705

right, this is how incrementalism actually works.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Agean90 posted:

Hmm, i wonder if sanders has been talking to chuck shumer. he's been paying the left a small bit of lip service so this would make a logical next step for him.

see i mean if politics was actually chess or whatever, this is how you do it. go to the extreme, then let the stragglers in your party make a positive concession so it sounds like every part of the party wins

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tinkle burg

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tinkle tinkle little tsar

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Mitt was just too one-dimensional. I never thought other terrible Hillarymen were necessarily being paid because you could at least tell they were human. But with Mitt, he hated Bernie Sanders more than any non-Republican possibly could, he started posting when Hillary announced her candidacy and stopped on November 8th and he never posted anywhere else but the dem thread.

plus he kept repeating hillary campaign talking points as they happened. his methods were always, come in the thread, take a talking point dump, maybe respond with a single post, then never respond until he had a new sick talking point to share.

but idk i just think it was personal, not like, he was getting paid to personally change anyones minds lol. felt more like he was testing oppo research or talking points or something idk.

maybe he was secrelty venom snak..ee...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

punk rebel ecks posted:

Aren't insurance premiums not increasing in California due to the state government not trying to sabotage ACA? Thus it proves that ACA can work well?

no, health care rates even in the good states are rising, including california. around 10-15% per year. my premiums went up by around 30 dollars per month this year and i was paying around 275 per month last year. i checked to make sure i wasnt going insane and that was actually par in the biggest blue states.

• Locked thread