Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gound floor *massive sinkhole opens up beneath me*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

heres the dude running against Randy "Ironstache" Bryce

I'm actualy kind of freaked out.

How the gently caress many CIA dweebs entered or are entering politics because of hilldawg? Cause it looks like a bunch of spooks are attempting to infiltrate the government with the cias usual competance

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

shes 100% safe thru 2018

JAFFE *click*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

there's tons of reasons to swap out Pelosi that you can make an argument for but fuckin GA-6 is the most candy-rear end one of them all

black cat, dead cat, whichever one catches the mouse

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I think these stories are coming out right now because the centrists don't want Tom Perez to take any blame for this.

Pelosi is the establisment personified and legislators are waaay more important than the chair. if the center wants to shoot themselves in the foot then fine by me, let's hope a progressive can snatch the seat

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

my concern with replacing Pelosi is that given the current makeup of the house caucus we'll end up with some boring nebbish with adequate hair and much less ability to whip

The whip should focus on whipping, the chair should focus on not pissing off the Democratic base every 2 weeks

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They can't, and probably shouldn't just now. They can't snatch the DNC chair either but it's a lot more embarrassing for the story to be about him.

What has Pelosi done that gets everybody upset again? To me she comes off as what Clinton claimed to be, someone who would love to be more progressive but is pragmatic about it.

Declaring abortion to be a negotiable position and declaring that single payer will never be a dem platform is the big thing. also the """"pragmatic""""" excuse don't work when your party loses 1000 seats over the course of 10 years. She's a tepid centrists whos beholden to the same corporate powers that are telling the DCCC not to invest in left candidates and ive seen no evidence that what she does can't be done by anyone else

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

what a burn

This guy uses Twitter like your aunt using Facebook

The dems are totally gonna run him lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

huh, only a +5 r. gonna own when IRONSTACHE runs as an independent and blows it out

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I can't parse this enough to own him about how Obama's legacy is poo poo/dismantled

What the hell is wrong with him? No one talks like this

hahaha hes literally vat grown, he even slipped through QA

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

American people: why do you guys keep doing this poo poo

Centrists: THE DAY WE LOST THOSE ELECTIONS YOU VOLUNTEERED FOR WAS THE DEFINING MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE. FOR US IT WAS TUESDAY

Agean90 has issued a correction as of 16:08 on Jun 22, 2017

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Serf posted:

hey, maybe since we're in a new gilded age, we're about to enter a new progressive era??

maybe?

folks??

Lmao Obama was the progressive era. were I the roaring twenties rn and guess what comes after that?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

the first one isnt wrong

Pelosi is just fine as a House leader, and most of the House reps pushing for her replacement are conservative Dems whose only stated rationale for replacing her is that she's too demonized by the right and might be scaring off moderate Republican votes

i don't think it's sexism, but "we should replace this person because Republicans dislike them" is about the ordinary level of idiocy I'd expect from Bad Dems, and there's more House Dems to her right than to her left so her replacement would likely be to the right of her

at the height of the Gilded Age, radical leftists were engaging in assassination attempts against CEOs and terrorist bombings on Wall Street, while unions were getting into literal gun battles with strikebreakers and Pinkertons while federal troops were regularly being called to intervene by force in labor disputes

ultimately, capital only makes concessions to the left when they fear that the social pressure that's building might explode into outright revolution, and that's been the case regardless of which party is in power

https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/877906704792297472

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

a lot of that is indictment of the party's true platform and its infrastructure and lol if you think bad dems won't offer up one of their peers to continue the russia-style incompetent opposition party schtick they're being paid for

Agreed, but since pelosi is a part of that infrastructure and saw the dems get rekt and decided that this is fine gently caress her.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

yes and they'll choose from another one of the 100 plus bad dems to promote bad policy and what then

The the Republican have to put in the effort to demonize someone they never heard of an another fuckwit gets to be miserable, and the progressives get a nice visible sign that they're having an effect by routing Mrs LET'S SING TO OUR ABJECT FAILURE

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

UHD posted:

odds are whoever replaces pelosi also sang

good, then me and the other rear end in a top hat make their life hell. lmao at thinking like I have any interest in fairness or strategy when it comes to proposing anything about the dems

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

so it'll change absolutely nothing because the amount of effort they had to put in isn't even a tenth of a percent of the russian mob allowance they're getting

there are more rewarding squabbles than this, like DCCC only backing people if they parrot milquetoast or right-wing policy

both at the same time :coolfrog:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

hot take but "how badly will this own randos i dislike on twitter" is not a good reason to do anything

Worked for trump

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Seriously, fire pelosi. The parts gone to poo poo under her watch, stop rewarding failure. If the guy after her also sucks agitate for him to go next

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jazerus posted:

because just like the bad dem morons they think a corbyn situation can't happen here

they'll be singing a different tune when we all have them dragged out in front of an angry mob and decapitated

ftfy :killing:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jazerus posted:

gently caress off you people never learn

but enough about the DCCC

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

What does David Yankovich actually do? The bio on his campaign website says something like "joined his mother in property management" but I can't find a lick of info on who he is and what he does for a living.

he's a carpet bagger who's trying to become a politician. He is incapable of providing a challenge to Paul Ryan so he will win th primary handily
]

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

I know the dems love themselves some blank slates, but I'm serious when I say there's absolutely nothing online about his past and present beyond the scant hagiography he presents.

I went down this wormhole after trying to find his campaign contributions but I can't recall seeing anywhere where he lived before moving to WI.

I vaguely recall that he used to work for th CIA, so I think he's literally grown in a vat a brainwashed into building support for hillary

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

every dem primary is going to have one guy whose past is vague except for them working for the CIA, all will have no discernable platform, they will have one of 3 faces, all of them will call hilldawg their hero.

attempts to FOIA them will produce a number of documents all heavily redacted, none dating from before 2014

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if yakov loses the primary he's going to panic about his purpose before collapsing into a puddle of primordial goo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

lol drat he protected his tweets

he said the House Dems had purged all of their moderates so there were no good moderates around to replace pelosi

i forget the exact wording

eh I think it's unlikely top through anyway. still fun to speculate who'd come on top between the blue dogs and the progressives

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

poo poo like this is why I refuse to cut the dems any slack regardless of how much influence they actually have.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

is that statement based on literally anything at all, because from her timeline it looks like shes just angry about the Hoyer comment

do we have any reason to give the democrats the benefit of the doubt that it's false?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

well not giving yourself a rage stroke over twitter speculation is prolly a good one

my friend rage is my adderal. from it comes the fuel for political action

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

thats some stiff coal, man

only downside is that when i fart black smoke comes out

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Join the 50 Blessings to fight the Russian menace

Behead those who insult the pussy hat

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

#10: Jon ossof

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Gotta keep shopping for a seat, man

11: Jon ossofs
12: also Jon ossoff
13: 2 Jon ossoffs in a tenchcoat
14: a horde of Jon ossoffs emerge form the sewers, killing all in their path for the state reason of "reducing the spendinf of the census:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I can no longer make fun of this guy, he owns himself too hard jesus

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

uh reconstruction went great for them, in less than a decade after losing the loving civil war they had practically re-enslaved hundreds of thousands of black people and regained total control of the south

anyhow the democrats are a dead party and everyone should join the DSA

The dsa has gotten more candidates into office than the dems this year lol yes I know many of them were running with the dems no one cares we all know who really had their back

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

why does my computer say it's 2007 again?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

he owns too hard what's going to come out against him?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Frijolero posted:

The dude exists but he spent zero dollars on his campaign, which is still funny considering Ossoff spent millions of dollars.

The dccc spent millions too, and then had their worst fundraising month since 2003. lmao rekt

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

primaries are going to be rad as gently caress, Facebook will automatically purge all information about other candidates and zuck will be shook as gently caress when he gets given poo poo over it irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Here, have some mostly good news from Joementum

https://twitter.com/lcmoser/status/879412973860737024

I'm democrats candidate Jim crow

• Locked thread