Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Head of the Iowa Democratic Party resigned today due to health issues. His brief tenure as head of the party saw the state delegation voting for Perez as a bloc and their candidate for a special election in a state house congressional district failing to file paperwork in time to get on the ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Remember to always recycle... TO THE EXTREME

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Beware anyone asking you for "change for the bus" that poo poo is straight out of Putin's playbook

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

This photo only reinforces my hope that 2017 will be the year bigfoot is finally able to achieve mainstream recognition. This blurry photograph is further proof that they are leaving their natural habitats, perhaps in response to a perceived threat.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

We're gonna be the party of the working on our message class

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Wanted to say I am one of the 81% of people who has no opinion about candidate DEEZ NUTS.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Furthermore every muslim candidate in the united states shall only be considered trustworthy if they exclusively wear a thawb and carry a scimitar.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

The trump thread is full of sickos. They come into the suck zone, they defend slavery. Make Tight Booty Shorts idiot king of the trump thread. He has the forums cancer, he knows how these sickos think. Its a job i'd wish on no man, but with the cancer... he really has nothing to lose.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I say we go with a Ted cruz/sam bee north of the border theme ticket

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

call to action posted:

"Every Man a King" is a highly problematic phrase because it acknowledges and thus endorses the notion of power dynamics ("king" vs "ruled"), a topic that is inherently gendered and thus sexual

Macron America great again

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I really miss having Harkin around as a senator, I wonder how different things might be if his presidential bid in 1992 has gone better.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I am a bit heartened that here in Iowa, where the swing from Obama to Trump was 14 points, the democratic candidates for governor have largely moved left. Five of the seven have committed to supporting a $15 minimum wage in the state (the other two support a raised min wage but won't commit to a number), at least one is talking about universal healthcare at the state level.

I just hope it works because the republican government has hosed the state sideways.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I stand with Abortion Consumers

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Normally what a Hive brings to mind is something something you don't want in your house and you won't be rid of until you gas the broodmother.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Especially dumb since Obama himself said Libya was his worst foreign policy mistake, even if his take on the how/why it was a mistake just demonstrates why American foreign policy keeps failing so hard.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/04/obamas-worst-mistake-libya/478461/

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

why can't the dems be fascist and favor laws which personally benefit me?- succ zoners

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

tower time posted:

why can't the dems be fascist and favor laws which personally benefit me?- succ zoners

pulled from a trumpthread brokebrain

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

“From the beginning of this campaign, Secretary Clinton has been clear that she thinks all voices should be heard and all views considered in federal infrastructure projects,” Spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa said in a statement.

“Now, all of the parties involved — including the federal government, the pipeline company and contractors, the state of North Dakota, and the tribes — need to find a path forward that serves the broadest public interest,” Hinojosa said. “As that happens, it's important that on the ground in North Dakota, everyone respects demonstrators' rights to protest peacefully, and workers' rights to do their jobs safely."

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

From what i've seen so far, even the most obtuse twitter people are having a decent take day. I'm sure i could find worse if i dug deeper though :sigh:

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Someone drove a car into a crowd of people protesting the nazis, injuring many.

tower time has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Aug 12, 2017

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Edited to say injured, you're right. I mean I hope there are no fatalities but...

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I had a thought awhile ago that if doobie's dog house had stayed open, with the giant pepe painted on the side of the place and the SA donation story that opened the place most people that knew anything about the net would assume it was an alt-right thing.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

The day Trump condemned the alt-left is when he truly became President.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Acelerion posted:

It amuses me that the centrist inventions 'alt-left' and 'fake news' are being used to better effect by the right.

It kind of summarizes neoliberalism in one nice example.

Centrist democrats are like the Wright brothers and Eli Whitneys of political phrases, doomed to inventing poo poo that will make other people rich at their expense.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

You don't need to have a war to find good prices on great rides at Colonel savings used car battlefield. Just ask old goldy here!

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Pictured: Centrist Harry Potter uses wand to levitate vandalized confederate statue back into place

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Iron Twinkie posted:

Not to distract from wizard chat, but it occurred to me that centrists will be looking for a new blanket term to smear the left with now that Trump took the "alt-left" away from them and the Juggalo rally is just a month away. What I'm saying is there's a better than zero chance they gently caress up and accidentally foment the absolutely dumbest, loving ridiculous unified left movement in human history.

Whoop whoop!

Dear Democratic party, I am very upset that one of our own murdered the candidacy of your family. It seems Mr. Sanders did not understand what the Juggalo Family is all about - he is a JuggaBRO if you will.

It may seem as little consolation now, but know your abuela is in a better place. She is no longer plagued by the Great Milenko's treachery in the Dark Carnival of Souls, but she is with the Wraith forever in Shangri-la. Just know your real juggalo homies are all here for you. MMFWCL fam

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft2w_AZ1Mdk

Cake will make this ok.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

MSNBC just showed a CBS poll that shows 55% of participants don't think "both sides are to blame for violence.". slight majority of Americans aren't complete idiots. 35% agreed with Trump.

Whats the chance that with how the question was phrased that 55% includes some people who exclusively blame antifa people for the violence? I've seen a few of those in the wild, and not just on the internet.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Heed ye well the lesson of Bernard Sanders, who taunted wall street and is now doomed to wander the senate halls until a Clinton ascends to the presidency.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Vote polish style dill pickles for president in 2020

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Nf3 posted:

clinton was suppported by more minorities because they sensed bernies hostility to minorities.ive come to hate white liberals more than white conservatives. white conservative is honest, even if they wrong now white liberal, they pretend to care about minorities but they the same as white conservatives.just dishonest

in short, maybe its bernie bros who need to reevaluate their positions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266659&userid=190569

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Johnson Elementary School has spoken, and their voices are clear: CONSOLIDATE FEDERAL DATA CENTERS

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

vilerat did 11/9

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

My dumb ironypost aside, watching Vilerat's mom speak for Trump at the RNC was the single strangest event of the election season for me.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

pictured: humans in their natural habitat, as posited by aquatic ape theory.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

The elderly are an unknown quantity for Mayweather, whereas he maintains an undefeated 2-0 against women.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

*furrows brow* we need to recruit this tillerson guy for 2020, NOW

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

The Cato Institute likely has thought more about Game of Thrones than any of us, considering their "Freedom Index" for the US takes not being able to marry your cousin as a personal infringement on freedom (restrictions on abortion are not counted as infringements on freedom ofc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

"We don't got to the moon and do the other things because they are too hard"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wPH4MEK4tk

• Locked thread