Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

that's what's pissing me off more than anything -- more emphasis was placed on converting moderate Republicans who still don't exist instead of convincing the majority of voters who don't swear fealty to either party that they can make the difference. It's why the only clear and constant parts of Ossoff's message could best be described as a cargo cult of Republican talking points ("controlling spending," "no tax raises on the rich," "no to single payer").

with as much money as dem leadership pumped into the race (fourteen times more than the previous three [well, one] races combined] you'd think that a non-existent message was what they wanted to go with

if u click ur heels and pray really hard republicans will vote dem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

tom perez shouting "jupiter's cock" at fratbros

hmm

actually this would make me like him so no

Serf
May 5, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

like my post in Suck Zone Past disagreeing with someone about how The Democrats are the only available avenue to see change enacted, and I'm just thinking that the Civil Rights Era gains were because people organized outside the auspices of any party, much less the Democratic party, and I think that's the best avenue going forward.

Like there's the whole (idiot) debate over whether MLK Jr. was a Democrat or Republican, which really misses the point as opposed to "what did he stand for" and "what did he accomplish"

mlk was a communist

Serf
May 5, 2011

raise the corporate tax rate to 90%, outlaw tax code loopholes and seize funds stored in offshore accounts, cap personal wealth at 10 million dollars

Serf
May 5, 2011

im glad

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bell_ posted:

gently caress anarchists. They grow up to be lovely, racist Libertarians.

i narrowly dodged this bullet. luckily atlas shrugged is a bad book and also i am poor af

Serf
May 5, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/JaneMayerNYer/status/877547521253494784

Reminder that just a few months ago liberals were :swoon:ing over the idea of the DEEP STATE/cia removing trump from office lmao

one more reason why the security apparatus needs to be dismantled

Serf
May 5, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the real question is why there are people living in oklahoma

unable to move anywhere else due to crippling debt, family responsibilities, lack of education/job prospects etc

Serf
May 5, 2011

the revolution will be means-tested

Serf
May 5, 2011

docbeard posted:

So David Yankovich is a robot, isn't he?

(I'm bored of the hexapodia thing. New gimmick: robots)

yankovitch was grown in a lab to be the ultimate race-losing machine

Serf
May 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

He will be the nominee.

even more reason to bash him early and often

Serf
May 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

He is unelectable, I'm sorry.

isn't paul ryan's district a lot like handel's? mostly rich white people which is why he's never gonna get voted out?

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao 91% white and 57% white-collar

rip ironstache

Serf
May 5, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

baobab HUSSEIN bobaba won it in '08 so it'd probably be in play with a Good Candidate

maybe but ryan has held it since 1999

Serf
May 5, 2011

hey, maybe since we're in a new gilded age, we're about to enter a new progressive era??

maybe?

folks??

Serf
May 5, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

technically that guy is wrong and 1913 was part of the progressive era. the gilded age ended in the 1890s

huh

i took an entire class on the gilded age in college and we covered it all the way up to world war 1 lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

you might be completely flabbergasted 2 kno that scholars disagree

this may surprise u

but i am not

Serf
May 5, 2011

this is why i stick to pessimism

Serf
May 5, 2011

you're good people, gradenko_2000. don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dreylad posted:

the left is obsessed with being defeated and pessimism, so much so that people kinda fell apart when corbyn started to succeed.

i dunno im a leftist and that brought some measure of happiness to my cold dead heart

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dreylad posted:

I've come to accept I'll never get a handle on ironic distanceposting that is CSPAM and just continue to post earnestly as best I can.

ironyposting is just a way of careposting tbh

also

ironystache

Serf
May 5, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

at the height of the Gilded Age, radical leftists were engaging in assassination attempts against CEOs and terrorist bombings on Wall Street, while unions were getting into literal gun battles with strikebreakers and Pinkertons while federal troops were regularly being called to intervene by force in labor disputes

ultimately, capital only makes concessions to the left when they fear that the social pressure that's building might explode into outright revolution, and that's been the case regardless of which party is in power

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm from georgia and i say purge 'em all

Serf
May 5, 2011

if you want to know what the face of local dem races looks like google patricia mccracken

Serf
May 5, 2011

what has pelosi legislated for me lately

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

at least republicans tend to finish you off quick instead of the slow erosion by austerity until everything is dust

i found a good yinlock post

Serf
May 5, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

let's just say he was not the most popular kid at school. his parents are rich af tho

media people either come from wealthy backgrounds or came from absolutely nothing but regardless of origin are desperate, ever-thrashing parasites that seek to extract every bit of cash they can from every one they can

Serf
May 5, 2011

also i would prefer to be treated by a doctor who was in it to actually help people than a doctor who just wanted the money

Serf
May 5, 2011

seems to me that we should be paying people for even wanting to go to med school because

a) that poo poo is hard af
b) holy poo poo you're responsible for human lives
c) you're providing a service that every single human being is gonna want access to

Serf
May 5, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

Free College*!

*only for public servants

in the future there will only be public servants

in the further future there will be only the public

Serf
May 5, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

but we already have that? like the reason real medicine is expensive is because it works of the debased profit motive

Serf
May 5, 2011

finally a place where he can put his talents to use

killing cnn

Serf
May 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

isn't it strange how centrists are using the same tactics on us as republicans use on them?

and republicans are the mortal enemies of centrists, right?

what does that make us?

Serf
May 5, 2011

ex post facho posted:

seems to me that progressives should probably just split off from the dems at this point, since even a platform plank and supermajority in state legislature isnt enough for single payer apparently, as you now need a majority of progressives

1000 years of conservative darkness

Serf
May 5, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

honestly if someone has gone to the effort of building a legion of robots, seems like they really deserve to win the food wars

lmao

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

on nov 9 my hot water heater melted down and i was relieved to have bigger problems

a metaphor for the western world

Serf
May 5, 2011

let he who was not shook cast the first corncob

Serf
May 5, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

what exactly is "pod save america?" ive heard it thrown around as some sort of, i guess, bad dem podcast

you already know what it is

Serf
May 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

vote for dems if you care about racial justice!

https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/880224136085159937

oh wait maybe not

why would they even do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

cause much like leftists, they know black people have no other chance at representation and so they figure they can piss all over them as much as they want in order to increase white/conservative turnout. they care more about winning than they do about doing anything to actually help people, hence their ceaseless attraction to selfish and hateful conservatives

...what

• Locked thread