Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

logikv9 posted:

you're deeply overthinking this

Mitt was just too one-dimensional. I never thought other terrible Hillarymen were necessarily being paid because you could at least tell they were human. But with Mitt, he hated Bernie Sanders more than any non-Republican possibly could, he started posting when Hillary announced her candidacy and stopped on November 8th and he never posted anywhere else but the dem thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Frijolero posted:

Here's what Nancy Pelosi had to say about it yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFMYKlLEgHU

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Basically, uhmm, ACA is good and we need to defend it and umm worry about single payer later...

God the way she acts with her response is like a guy on To Catch a Predator trying to explain himself.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Welcome to Suck:

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/881261127061180416

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

but what about the redneck revolt, a totally real movement that twitter tells me is not just a few dozen cosplaying suburbanites?

Well I'm a real redneck and a leftist Democrat, so gently caress you.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Treating everyone as equals won't solve racism though.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Condiv posted:

yeah no, i'm happy we didn't get a fascist like le pen, or that I don't have to live in trumpland, but wow macron is turning out to be way way worse than just status quo going by his rhetoric alone.

oh yeah and he invited trump to hang out with him in paris for some loving reason

The fact that Macron actually wants to make things worse than the status quo is an example of why I think what's currently called "centrist" is actually right-wing.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

you're also the guy who thought LePen was going to be president lol

Aren't you the guy who thought Hillary Clinton was gonna be president?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh, he WAS that guy.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

how much did lepen win the popular vote by condi

How much did Hillary win the electoral college by?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Joementum posted:

Here's a cool idea to bring Europe together, reconcile this dispute over the French monarchy, and end Brexit: there is a living heir to the Stuarts

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Condiv posted:

:laffo: you're still crying about mi abuela winning the popular vote huh?

she lost. she couldn't figure out how to campaign and lost to a reality tv show idiot.

anyway, i'm glad i prepared myself for macron losing. meant him winning was a pleasant surprise (or it should've been if he was just going to preserve the status quo instead of advocating for a new king)

It doesn't sound to me like he's actually advocating a new king, just being an edgy "but what if..." idiot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao looking at the turmp thread thank u for reminding me again of top bunk wanker existing

Oh yeah, I was trying to think of Trump shitposters from the early era like Baloogan, the Saurus and Boosted and that guy's name escaped me.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Squizzle posted:

i just picked their most recent posts instead of finding the worst ones from the previous couple of pages

If you can't find any posts from the argument you want to stop, it's probably not necessary to give out probations at that point.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

My favorite bit of English law is that you can't do anal until you're 18 but you can do vaginal at 16.

Well that makes sense because anal takes more care and preparation. It's like driving.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Squizzle please chill. It's too early in you reign to go mad with power.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

Democratic voters are stalwart progressives!

*Progressive candidates lose VA and NJ governor primaries, fail in Georgia, can't pass single payer in Calofirnia

Single payer in California wasn't blocked by voters.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

What would end racism?

Hillary Clinton being elected president.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Hillary Clinton had the perfect plan to solve racism, but no one checked out her web site and now it's lost forever...

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Rand alPaul posted:

This shithead was just on MSNBC saying that the Democrats are going to win in 2020 because there are enough moderate Republicans "who lost respect for Trump" to vote Democrat.

It's the eternal dream of these third way morons.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

loquacius posted:

I'm going to ask a question that a whole lot of Clintonites have asked before, because apparently I don't know the answer either

what does "progressive" even loving mean anymore jesus

It hasn't had a well-defined meaning in 70 years.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The notion of "progress" has no meaning in the absence of an ideological vision. Democrats are taking reactionary positions now because they already think we're in the end of history, and nothing could be better than the framework they already established in the 90s.

That's true.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Who's the guy in the jester cap?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

etalian posted:

Diamond Joe

Lol Garrison owns

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

ex post facho posted:

yeah, i mean, its not an entirely inaccurate cartoon

My favorite accurate part is the Bill Clinton albatross.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

See I disagree here.

They all suck because they're liberals. Rahm sucks because he's a genuine reactionary.

I'd call Hillary a centrist, Obama a tragic figure, and Rahm stinking pile of dogshit.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

plus ça change...

I stole this from a meme page, but "Macron is Trump for people who read the Economist instead of the National Enquirer"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

It also contains fewer instances of anything resembling comedy than any other senate memoir

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

only rich people can afford Broadway so I'm not surprised

True as gently caress. This is also why it was so distasteful and revealing when centrist political pundits were treating Hamilton like the biggest cultural phenomenon last year.

Jewel Repetition has issued a correction as of 01:14 on Jul 5, 2017

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

etalian posted:

Zuck writes like a chatbot

He's.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Grondoth posted:

Explaining to my mom and dad that Hamilton was black rapping founding fathers and it wasn't a comedy was pretty fun

The funniest thing that's happened in human history was when the Obama white house watched a prototype of Hamilton show and they all laughed because they thought it was a comedy and Lin Manuel Miranda cried

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

No way lmao where is this event recorded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNFf7nMIGnE

You can just barely start to see him cry at the end and leave the stage way too fast but what happened afterward was described somewhere

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh man accusing centrists of sexism during the primary would feel so loving good

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Zuckerbros :cabot:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I think most third-way liberals somewhere deep, deep down want to be leftists but they're filled with shame and pants-shittingly terrified of the right. In fact if you keep those two things in mind everything they do makes perfect sense.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm pretty out of the loop on Hamilton. I know it's about Alexander Hamilton, but what exactly is its cultural cache?

Somebody get this guy the post-election article about why everybody at Vice or Buzzfeed or whatever was reading Hamilton.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm pretty out of the loop on Hamilton. I know it's about Alexander Hamilton, but what exactly is its cultural cache?

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Somebody get this guy the post-election article about why everybody at Vice or Buzzfeed or whatever was reading Hamilton.

Found it:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/07/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-like-hamilton-run-our-country

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Even though there's only one good thing about Zuck I have to admit it's a very, very good thing.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

This is the entire Third Way ideology.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

loquacius posted:

the funniest part of this is that that sticker is actually the best of the available choices

which itself is allegorical for the democrats themselves

a rich multilayered narrative

Wow yeah, I didn't notice how terrible the other ones were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

"She persisted" originally referred to Warren but yeah it was co-opted by Hillary and that's almost certainly what the stickers are evoking.

• Locked thread