Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

We already have capped payroll taxes, friendo.

that corporate tax isn't like 70% of the share is disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dreylad posted:

the left is obsessed with being defeated and pessimism, so much so that people kinda fell apart when corbyn started to succeed.

what?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

After the circus of the primary it's possible there's a bunch of people already registered and eager to vote for an anti establishment canidate. A presidential wave is really the only chance I'd think.

Circus primary
Abandoned people starving for an anti-establishment outsider
Presidential wave

It's almost as if...

:thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

john analzone

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It is seriously astonishing how amazing Matt Y has become

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This won't matter, literally no one except Twitter lifers know who Louise Mensch is, much less know why liking Louise Mensch is, uhh, a gray mark against someone

Personally I'm glad that Bryce is actually concerned that the President is a Russian turncoat

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ThndrShk2k posted:

Who is Louise Mensch again?

And why would that mean the Yankovich goober candidate is better?

Russian conspiracy theorist who's just making poo poo up and is possibly a deliberate distraction

Yankovich is not better than Iron Stache

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://i.imgur.com/5oSXAJa.gifv

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mormonpartyboat posted:

i, too, tweeted

https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/878372147256741888

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Matty slowly realizing what the answer is

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/878349267290660864

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Covfefe was extremely funny until the first thing anyone said about it.

Covfefe wasn't itself funny, the funny part was we were all uncertain whether Trump had had an heart attack, was abruptly taken away from tweeting by a national emergency, fell asleep in the middle of a tweet, or whatever, and we were all on the edge of our seats waiting to find out exactly why the Final Tweet ended in gibberish. Once we found out nothing happened then it stopped being funny, because the word itself was never the funny part.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Keith is imo the only person currently with a national profile that has a chance in both the general and primary

I like Ellison a lot but I really do not think he has the chops to succeed in the general, and the Muslim thing will be a big sticking point

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

californias single payer bill has been perma-shelved by a "longtime supporter of single payer"

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/california-democratic-speaker-killed-his-own-partys-plan-for-single-payer-healthcare/

flay this sellout finger by finger

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf it is the state assembly, that's probably like a billion dollars to them

150 grand is like one single year of living in san francisco

maybe two

it's loving peanuts for selling out taking care of 30 million people

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

you're fundamentally saying that neoliberalism only exists in America, which we know is wrong

what a blatantly dishonest response

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PoliticoKevin/status/878792929657012225

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the reason centrists dislike setting out policy positions is because they don't want to preclude themselves from getting that sweet lobbyist cash

the entire goal is getting into politics to turbocharge your lifetime earnings potential and personal influence over society

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Remember when everyone poo poo on Bernie for saying that PP was establishment?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/RoseAnnDeMoro/status/879012378108510208

from that article, apparently rendon sees singlepayer as a 2018 ballot issue

gently caress him and gently caress that. he has the votes for singlepayer now and instead he wants to dangle it in front of voters so he can get more votes. then he'll block it again anyway

i loving hate the democrats so much right now

this whole "strategy" is so bizarre

if legislators give me stuff that's good for me, I will vote for them again. if they continue to do good stuff then they have a loyal voter in me for a long-rear end time, and I imagine I am hardly unique in this respect

I am less likely to vote for legislators who don't give me stuff that's good for me // legislators who only PROMISE that good stuff is coming. obama PROMISED change and improvement and that got us jack poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

rudatron posted:

laffo, bad dems finally outing themselves as closet republicans

quote:

You might not be poor, but I'm sure you don't have much of a career. Otherwise you wouldn't be blaming corporations for your lovely life.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Same guy:

quote:

For $100 or 20% more, the LG G6 shits all over the OP5.

quote:

I mean it has a far superior camera, far superior screen, and far superior overall design.

Keep humping your piece of poo poo phone you drydicked nerd.

quote:

Good thing I have an S8, nerd. Enjoy your trash 3T that you probably paid more for.

What kind of pathetic life do you need to lead to worship corporations and devices?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Here, have some mostly good news from Joementum

https://twitter.com/lcmoser/status/879412973860737024

quote:

The largest number of Democratic congressional candidates in decades is putting into play dozens of House districts across the country, raising the possibility of a bitterly contested midterm election cycle next year as the party and its activists try to take advantage of President Trump’s unpopularity to win a majority in the House.

quote:

The battle over the path forward is raging across the country in dozens of races. Several districts that had seen only token candidates, or no candidates at all, in the past are suddenly packed with mostly first-time Democratic contenders with a broad variety of backgrounds and qualifications. Among them: veteran Jason Crow in Colorado, stem-cell researcher Hans Keir­stead in California, Democratic State Sen. Jennifer Wexton in Northern Virginia, former gubernatorial aide Gareth Rhodes in Upstate New York and former sneaker company executive Chrissy Houlahan in Pennsylvania.

Democrats can exceed their past performance in at least 70 House districts across the country controlled by Republicans, primarily because more Democrats registered to vote, said Rep. Ben Ray Luján (D-N.M.), chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, in a memo to his colleagues last week.

Luján added that the party is not struggling to recruit candidates.

“In recent cycles, candidate recruitment meant dialing the phone and asking people to run. This cycle, it’s about answering the calls when they come in,” said Nathan Gonzales, editor of Inside Elections, a nonpartisan newsletter that tracks congressional races.

quote:

In Northern Virginia, at least seven Democrats are planning to run against Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.) in a district that Hillary Clinton won by 10 points. At least seven are also running against Rep. John Faso (R-N.Y.), who represents most of New York’s Hudson Valley. At least four are considering runs against Rep. Daniel Donovan (R-N.Y.) on New York’s Staten Island, while least a dozen are mulling bids to replace retiring Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) of Miami.

quote:

Here in Dallas, first-time candidate Colin Allred, a former NFL linebacker for the Tennessee Titans and civil rights attorney, is running against Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Tex.) in a district where Clinton narrowly won last year and Sessions faced just token opposition. Allred has spent the past six weeks hosting “Coffee with Colin” at local coffee shops on Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons, which he says draw as many as 60 people.

Allred believes the contest will be shaped by economic concerns, health care and other “kitchen table issues.” That means focusing on solutions — not on lobbing attacks against Trump or Republicans.

“I’ve never gotten a question on Russia,” Allred said. “I get very few questions about Trump, period.” That’s because for many people here, Trump “is an ever present issue.”

He added: “People in this area that I talk to have come to terms with Trump and are now interested in the next step, and they want a vision for the future.”

quote:

In Dallas, Allred and Meier are running in the 32nd Congressional District, which stretches from city neighborhoods to the suburbs, combining mom-and-pop diners, Paneras, mostly white enclaves and other areas packed with Jewish, Latino, Muslim and black families.

quote:

Texas’s 7th District, a wealthy and diverse stretch of Houston suburbia, resembles the one where Ossoff lost in Georgia — and popped onto the Democrats’ 2018 map after Clinton beat Trump by 1.3 points.

Laura Moser, a progressive activist who launched the group Daily Action to stop Republicans and Trump, moved back to run in the 7th District from Washington this month — despite her view that she’s not the D.C. establishment’s dream candidate.

“They have very conventional ideas of who can win — business people who’ve been on this path for a long time,” Moser said in an interview at her new home. “I’d say this: I did not get any encouragement from the DCCC.”

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zegermans posted:

I eagerly look forward to the excuse peddling when he loses

what the gently caress is wrong with you

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WI-01 is not really that wealthy, it's almost perfectly median, waukesha is well-off but balanced down by janesville and racine/kenosha

the problem is it's extremely white, but someone like Bryce has a real shot of swaying a bunch of voters especially if the +15 D Trump backlash holds nationwide

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/879434258754023426

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/879432525139111936

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/879442754308378624

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zegermans posted:

I feel like you make more posts yelling at me than like actually posting itt

https://twitter.com/dril/status/879453684987572226

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

xpost

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

who even is this

neolib corporatist shill who Barack Obama follows on twitter

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'm in the suck zone

i'm in it deep right now guys

https://twitter.com/fart/status/879490968478601216

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

docbeard posted:

I prefer to think that Obdicut is just writing a massive post in which he reminds us no less than 3.8 trillion times that he works in public health and it's just taking this long to type.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

get themselves into positions of wealth power and influence then kick away every possible ladder???

for the most part these people were never hippies

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

Bernie was a loving train wreck and I'm done pretending otherwise.

That's my meltdown.

how lanyarded do you have to be to swallow this much propaganda from the clinton camp :prepop:

real curious what that person thought of the following, gently caress, eight months now?!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

legal weed would go a huuuuge way towards addressing the opiates epidemic

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dreylad posted:

we'll see what happens in canada in 2018 then

quote:

In states that legalized medical marijuana, U.S. hospitals failed to see a predicted influx of pot smokers, but in an unexpected twist, they treated far fewer opioid users, a new study shows.

Hospitalization rates for opioid painkiller dependence and abuse dropped on average 23 percent in states after marijuana was permitted for medicinal purposes, the analysis found. Hospitalization rates for opioid overdoses dropped 13 percent on average.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why would OD deaths go up after a crackdown?

street drugs are unreliable as hell in dosage and purity

opioid overdoses aren't people intentionally taking a lot, it's people taking their usual hit and oops it's 3x potency

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

our legislators are morons

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I've said this several times before but I am perfectly willing to remain allied with the centrists until such that the GOP are completely and irrevocably destroyed

At which point I will also be perfectly willing to split into two parties without any animosity over the split itself

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just got an email trying to get me to donate bc of these new polls:

North Carolina 46 D - 41 R
Virginia 48 D - 41 R
New Jersey 57 D - 29 R
Colorado 39 D - 34 R
Texas 39 D - 37 R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017