Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Nanomashoes posted:

Ro Khanna continues to be good despite all the moaning by cc and zegermans.
I was realllllly skeptical about him, largely because of the big tech lobby shine(I believe Alphabet was his biggest donor), but that ain't half bad. I'd be curious to hear if those economic issues he is talking about are just the concerns of upper middle class tech workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Frijolero posted:

Clinton's "I'm a Progressive who likes to get things done" is basically "I'm a liberal who will reach bipartisan consensus and pass means-tested bullshit."
The left has has gotten obliterated in the battle to control and frame words and their meaning for so long that you would think it was their loving job. The only time in recent memory that they have been able to successfully frame a policy or concept in an advantageous way was the "99% vs the 1%", and I think that just fell into their laps. Meanwhile, Anti-Abortion advocates get to fight on the "Pro-Life" side, hedge funder's who want to pass every dollar on to their kids are against the "Death Tax" and anti-union corporate advocates push "Right to Work" laws that actively obliterate the working class.

Probably has a lot to do with the fact that the left in America has not really stood for much beyond status quo and kindlier, more PR friendly corporate profits for many years. "Medicare for All" could be one of those victories but they would have to actually want that.

cheese has issued a correction as of 16:22 on Oct 10, 2017

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

how do people like peter daou keep soldiering on day to day

is there some sort of secret tightrope act between shredding self-awareness and inflating hubris at the same time
Stockholm syndrome wherein you are the kidnapped victim and corporate liberalism is the kidnapper.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Thoguh posted:

It must be a family thing.

You missed the key sentence, which came right after that.

quote:

That wasn’t the metric of success that I wanted in my life.

"I tried to care about money but I just couldn't", says local woman born into wealth and power. loving hell, get lost in the woods already.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Frijolero posted:

Uggghhhhh imagine this, but everyday and about everything

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/970071393990832129
I mean, its a movie about a white CIA agent helping a country full of brown people join the global capitalist world order. What is not to like for her?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

This guy went from "nice, very nice" to :swoon: when I saw hes running against Paul Ryan.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Randy seems like an extremely winning name for a Wisconsin candidate

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

I still maintain the Dems are barely criticizing Trump. More like they're agreeing with him on 90% of the rear end in a top hat moves and the only recent thing has been the child concentration camps. "Trump bad" would be a better message than the absolute load of nothing they've been pushing for the past year.
Because they don't actually disagree with him on many, if any, policy positions.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Joementum posted:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE MY ENERGY CHAIRMAN DAOU ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1010620611499094017
Did we finally break him or what?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

little munchkin posted:

don't know how yall can even talk about politics when ice cream is going absolutely crazy at the moment
This not the cover we need, but it is the cover we deserve :911:

loquacius posted:

I have no idea who Barbara Lee is but I trust AOC on this
Lee owns, she is a long time Oakland resident with ties to the Black Panthers and a super consistent anti war record (even voting with Republicans to oppose Obama's Libya expedition). Her being speaker would be worth it just to see Fox News lose their god drat minds.

cheese has issued a correction as of 02:31 on Jun 28, 2018

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

always like to check and see what the top voted comment is
succ!
Its really odd that Jill Stein has become the scape goat when Gary Johnson siphoned off 3 times as many votes from Trump...

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

reignonyourparade posted:

The people bitching about loving GARY JOHNSON voters always gets me because jesus christ if those people weren't voting for a third party they'd be voting straight ticket republican.
Its the most hilarious take because Johnson got 3 times the votes as Stein but THIRD PARTY COST US ABUELA

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

This is so loving good. He has no idea what to do when he realizes she didn't like Obama either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Condiv posted:

so i guess people are really super angry about AOC calling out crowley's fuckery if they're twisting one line from a tweet to try to make it appear she supports buckley's racism.
The Buckley thing is deeply funny because literally no one knows who that is or cares about it at all. Centrist Dems hoping this gets the NY-14 voters riled up against AOC are like the people who thought Trump's 300 word vocabulary would hurt him in the election.

• Locked thread