Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

ah, arcanum. the prime example of modern video game design.

I mean if you're talking about CRPGs made today there's like... Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun? Neither of which have a lovely tutorial like Fallout 2.

Fallout 2 has a bad tutorial man idk what else there is to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

Fallout 2 has a bad tutorial man idk what else there is to say.

that its a long tradition in relatively complex games that continues to this day?

eh, i'll stop this now, but originally the example of obsolete game design from fallout 2 you gave was a lovely tutorial, which is in no way obsolete, just bad game design but tutorials are apparently hard to make good, man.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 30, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Deus Ex had the best tutorial level idc what anyone says.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

a bone to pick posted:

best deus ex "walkthrough"
http://www.it-he.org/deus.php

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
holy poo poo this owns

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bob James posted:

Look at the savings.

My 71 year old dad plays a game called X Plane with micro transactions almost as bad as this and I'm really afraid he's turned into a "whale."

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Bought Fallout 4. Is good but very different from new Vegas. In a lot of bad ways. Got Hollow Knight too and the first Injustice

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anybody remember the Seasteader thread? We laughed, we cried, we kinda wrote a book. http://www.mediafire.com/file/tvlxdb9f274stpt/In+Golden+Waters+-+Tales+from+the+Seastead.pdf

Well now there's a game! http://store.steampowered.com/app/592550/Seasteader/

It looks terrible, but not in the ramshackle libertarian distopia way we were all hoping for.

Okay, apparently there are no regulations about putting handrails around the random spots in the deck that open directly over the ocean. Woo! Free from the tyranny of not drowning! Also helps folks from being drunk and disorderly in public. And gives you great deniability for murder and industrial accidents, just toss 'em overboard and let the sharks take care of it.

Sure, why not. Go ahead and build brick row houses on your wooden deck.

Heh, a stat for Disillusionment. Looks like 2 guys are about due for a trip to sharkville.

Oh man, city builders are totally my jam, and it's 50% off. On the other hand it looks terrible, and even on sale it's CDN $16.49. Serously? He thinks his game where you paste stock Unity assets is worth thirty bucks?

http://cosygoat.com/

quote:

As the founder of your seastead, a floating community over water and outside of the laws of nations, you will create a society entirely managed by you and your fellow settlers. How much control you wish to hold over them is wholly in your hands.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Quantum Break is $20..... Should I?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

darth_pizza posted:

Bought Fallout 4. Is good but very different from new Vegas. In a lot of bad ways. Got Hollow Knight too and the first Injustice

See how many hidden teddy bears doing wacky things like playing chess and riding the rocking pony you can find

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So Dying Light's a lot of fun, I'm playing the whole thing coop and dropkicking zombies off of rooftops. Reminds me of Dark Messiah a little bit.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bone to pick posted:

Nah

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
did they ever fix the terrible sim city that was released?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nope, buy Cities Skylines instead.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

i have bought every single dlc excluding music and story stuff, even the useless ones. ck2 is one of my favourite strategy games or rpg's of all time even though after nearly 100 hours i still suck at it.

:same: but 763 hours... a lot of that is just leaving the game running...I hope.

cRP discussion:Arcanum is one of the best, great world and a very ambitious game. I would love to see a remake, but who owns the rights these days?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Best 5 or 10 dollar game with online multplayer to get friends to buy? Trying to figure out what this summer's 'golf with your friends' is

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Natural Selection 2 fits that bill (1500 hours personally) but it's hardly golfing with your friends.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

I'm debating it too. Reviews were pretty good and I like the actors in the TV show portion. Anyone actually own it who can chime in?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 1, 2017

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nebelwerfer posted:

What the gently caress Domina, how the gently caress do I train more than one champion in my roster of buff dudes when I get pitted against dudes twice bigger than mine, I'm running out of money and food gently caress

Also caved in and bought CK 2 got instant migraine from the UI, who thought that making button 5x5px and just littering them EVERYWHERE was a good idea

Hey my dude congrats an your good games
Don't know if anyone in the thread told you how to play domina, if not I am happy to help
Peace

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dear guy who asking about good multiplayer games to buy:

Rising storm 2 vietnam is like 1/3 the price of bf1 and overwatch and it's insane how much of a better shooter it is than both

It's also on steam

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

darth_pizza posted:

I'm debating it too. Reviews were pretty good and I like the actors in the TV show portion. Anyone actually own it who can chime in?

i played the first episode and have zero recollection of it. well thats my review

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Anyone playing Pathfinder Adventures? Some reviews are gushing, and tabletop card game rpg sounds like right up my alley.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Maya Fey posted:

i played the first episode and have zero recollection of it. well thats my review

well that's no good.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

Do you like max payne's gunplay mechanics?

If so, yes.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I don't mean to be all 'boo hoo, steam sales ain't what they used to be', but I did get a little bummed out looking at the Assassin's Creed games. AC 2, Brotherhood and Revelations are each $10. I'm pretty sure I bought all three for <$7.50 total back when.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Nebelwerfer posted:

What the gently caress Domina, how the gently caress do I train more than one champion in my roster of buff dudes when I get pitted against dudes twice bigger than mine, I'm running out of money and food gently caress

Also caved in and bought CK 2 got instant migraine from the UI, who thought that making button 5x5px and just littering them EVERYWHERE was a good idea

Look at the mod workshop they have some UI mods that makes poo poo bigger. You can also consider playing in a 'lower resolution' to scale up the entire UI, I do this when I play on the couch.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

extra stout posted:

Best 5 or 10 dollar game with online multplayer to get friends to buy? Trying to figure out what this summer's 'golf with your friends' is

Rocket league

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My 71 year old dad plays a game called X Plane with micro transactions almost as bad as this and I'm really afraid he's turned into a "whale."

Lmbo they normally charge $49.99 just for a loving CRJ 200. That's insane

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I just bought Risen 3 with all the DLC. I wonder if I will come to regret this

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Jim Barris posted:

Yes. And quickly.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Irradiation posted:

Rocket league

rocket league was pretty fun but got too repetitive, bought it like two summer sales ago, B++

Jim Barris posted:

how hard is it to get into the first two? ive almost bought them ten times but some of the comments are like 'prepare to spend 50 hours learning how to find ore' and poo poo about old broken patches not working on steam

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bone to pick posted:

I initially hated the first level because I thought Deus Ex was a FPS and just ran into the Statue of Liberty with my riot prod blazing.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
the hardest game on steam: connecting to the store properly long enough to give them money

it's a loving joke, back to GoG

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Turn your monitor on?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

extra stout posted:

the hardest game on steam: connecting to the store properly long enough to give them money

it's a loving joke, back to GoG

Yea man that's just you. If you're having connection problems, it's not steam. There's even a drat isSteamdown website if you doubt it

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.
I realized that no matter how cool the premise of Domina is, it's still a blatant mobile game-like time sinker. Only thing that it needs is micro-transactions and it would be something you can get for two bucks at google store. It just took me couple days of grinding to sink in. and lol @ built-in twitch support

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Serephina posted:

Yea man that's just you. If you're having connection problems, it's not steam. There's even a drat isSteamdown website if you doubt it

I sign into steam fine every single day and get the ads, but I can't add to my wish list, buy games, etc, and my own profile says 'private' to me, it's a Steam bug if not an overload problem, either way GOG will reign forever as we prepare to unplug our computers and play RPGs off grid alone until we die

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
My steam link arrives and in watching TV through it thanks everyone

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Serephina posted:

I sometimes find the in client browser just doesn't work for w/e reason, never have an issue with the website itself but every so often the client one just shits the bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

extra stout posted:

I sign into steam fine every single day and get the ads, but I can't add to my wish list, buy games, etc, and my own profile says 'private' to me, it's a Steam bug if not an overload problem, either way GOG will reign forever as we prepare to unplug our computers and play RPGs off grid alone until we die

The first day of the sale I had this same problem. I tried it through a chrome and still ran into the same issue. I'm not having any problems anymore.

edit: god dammit I'm not used to this freaking avatar

• Locked thread