Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

i only play dota, op

u should play natural selection twohahadsfklasf :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

cnut posted:

What would you guys suggest for someone who likes Wolfenstein/Doom/Singularity type games?

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Shadow Warrior 2 (idk skip the first one if you want, they aren't related at all plotwise its a bit too much of a slog by the last 1/3)
Metro 2033 + Last Light
Prey (less about fast-shooting and more about spacey horror but you can definitely be run n gun doommarine by halfway thru the game though)

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 23, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I don't see much I want in this sale but I did see that the meat boy guy is releasing a new platformer next month which is like, gaming news of the century.

what about Hollow Knight and Hyperlight Drifter

they are really good. HK is probably indie GOTY 2017

also i'm old and bad at platformers now unless its donkey kong/mario/rayman. most indie platformers make me sad

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
HK is really good. its easily a top 3 metroidvania game. hook is its just a really gorgeous with good music, somewhat sad, extremely tight controlling & slick well done game. i mean if you are really sick of metroidvanias, sure w/e wait until you arent sick of them, but it's a really well done one and miles above most indie games.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

spudsbuckley posted:

A lot of people tend to buy games they want/that review well when they come out because they want to play them ASAP.

Steam sales are for picking up games you weren't ever that interested in and refunding them after about an hour when they inevitably turn out to be garbage/mediocre.
Yea this is me now. I stopped buying bundles years ago since I'd never play them. I have more money than free time so I'd rather spend more playing an amazing spectacle of a time than play mediocre poo poo (even if there are a few good parts). Life is too short to bother with anything less than the very best games and poo poo imo, even if it means paying more.

Same reason I bought a PS4 this year to play the small handful of extremely good games like Bloodborne/Horizon/yakuza/uncharted etc even if I don't play anything else on it

But really with GMG/dlgamer etc I'm still already getting a 20%+ discount on brand new games like I played $42 for Prey at launch and many others. Not really worth waiting to save a few bucks several months later

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

Just beat Full Throttle Remastered. I feel like it took me a lot longer than two hours when I was 12 years old.

Does Steam have any fps arena games? Can I just have Unreal Tournament? Why is everything zombie related or this survival nonsense?
There have been several fps arena game attempts. Devil Daggers iis suppposedly p decent http://store.steampowered.com/app/422970/Devil_Daggers/

There is also Ziggurat which is good but maybe a little diff than what you want http://store.steampowered.com/app/308420/Ziggurat/

Also Shadow warrior 2 isn't arena but it's fast paced mission-based

But also just play Doom instead.

e: unless you are talking about MP FPS arena games then idk. The problem is they usually have small player pool and die off within a few months (if they aren't DOA already). You want want to keep an eye on this overwatch-clone thing called Lawbreakers by ol' cliffyb http://store.steampowered.com/sub/60743/

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 27, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

a bone to pick posted:

got too trigger-happy with the sale, bought some game called Miscreated and its so loving boring. I don't get the allure of these survival games anymore, minecraft is still the best one.

you should refund it if you've played less than 2 hrs

refund all bad games if you can

also yeah all the survival-crafting poo poo games are real bad. tho if you have some friends you can have fun with something like 7days to die

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Dear gbs steam sale thread

What are good multiplayer games on sale. I don't know poo poo about multiplayer competitive games

Had a friend who liked tf2 specifically, not overwatch not dead rising and not paladins, but tf2 and played it with me and his friend group but his friend group doesn't like tf2 anymore. Thought I might try to start something else up.

one of the sad things is that PC MP games die p fast and end up just a couple hundred incestuous dedicated fucks after a year or so later. Unless i'ts a really big game like tf2, cs:go, overwatch. i think your best bet would be CS:GO, Overwatch and BF1. BF1 recently got an update I think so maybe its more people but it was declining al ot and the best modes (Operations) is complete wasteland. probably still worth a shot getting BF1 though it's a p good game.

theres taht cliffy B game Overwatch-clone coming out called Lawbreakers, it might be ok but lol cliffyb

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bob James posted:

Look at the savings.

holy gently caress lmao @ everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

numberoneposter posted:

are there any other games wehre you can contract malaria and have to take medication????
farcry 2?

Miasmata sort of? http://store.steampowered.com/app/223510/Miasmata/

tho it's more of an orienteering game

• Locked thread