Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Buy nier automata you dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jim Barris posted:

I just did. I also bought Tyranny, Ys Origin, and Ys VI.

This man/walrus is good people/animal

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Have Blue posted:

It's real good but when someone intrudes upon my fetid den when I'm playing it I have to awkwardly hiss and scuttle away repeatedly claiming I'm not a weeb

I have been shamed by several friends for liking it, but I'm still going to shout it loud.

Skypie posted:

What if playing games with rear end robots is weird to me?

Playing with rear end-bots shouldn't be weird to anyone friend.

But if you see the anime-ish aspect and hate it and get seizures then the game probably won't be for you. But if you can look past it, it's genuinely one of the best games of the year:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jim Barris posted:

If you want it I'll just give you a copy. Just post your steamID

I can also give people discounts if they post their credit card info and zip code.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Das Butterbrot posted:

did they fix the random crashes every 5 minutes that alot of ppl had yet? refunded it bc of that but i really wanna play it :(

There have been updates but the port is still kinda bad. There's a mod called FaR that adds a lot of performance changes and gives you more optimization options like turning down the global illumination that has minimal effect on graphics but massive effect on frames and stability.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods/discussions/3/1334600128973500691/

paul_soccer10 posted:

the 1st steam trailer for this game has many shirt less babes

There's also shirtless guys if that's your preference

really queer Christmas fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 23, 2017

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cubone posted:

it's all I ask for, really

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Also, if anyone likes depression and dark humor but hates themselves, Lisa: the painful RPG is $5 and will only take about 8 hours.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Fallout: New Vegas is trash.

Nice troll

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jose posted:

i never make it very far into trying to play this but i still feel like doing this

:thunk:

Enjoy, friend :)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

walgreenslatino posted:

Unless they fixed Monks and Mystics, don't buy it

What's wrong with it

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jose posted:

I bought all the ck2 dlc what's a good guide on how to play

There's a bunch of old tutorials in this LP thread. Some of the mechanics may have changed but it can at least get you through the basics.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mike12345 posted:

I saw a streamer playing Wolfenstein: The New Order yesterday, was really surprised at the level of writing and voice acting. Really good stuff.

It's probably one of the most well written stories with engaging characters in a modern fps. loving Wolfenstein

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jose posted:

is the moon base in new order or old blood because i really don't remember that

New order, old blood was the castle and the zombies.

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Is it patched for the master race yet?

I think it has been for amd, not sure about nvidia.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I thought it was ok but I got it for like $3 so eh. Really poo poo optimization though, ran horrifically on my top of the line rig in 2013.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

He's not wrong.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I played through the free episode of life is strange and found it...ok? Would it be worth it to get the rest of the game for 8 bucks

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

i bought fallout new vargas + all DLCz

Welcome to being a real cool dude :c00l:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It's not supposed to be about exploring some big world, it's a smaller more intimate world that has some real good quests, characters, and writing. Yeah there's bad "go here and fetch me poo poo for money" quests, but there's also quests where you help your companion deal with the fact he committed war crimes, help another deal with his family and friends history of being "the bad guys". As well, almost every quest no matter how small, ties into the central conflict of the story which I really love.

If you play it as some open world romp across the wasteland then yeah you're not going to have fun.

Dyna Soar posted:

exactly. also they took all the zany theme park poo poo from fallout 2 and ran it to the ground

Outside of old world blues, the base game doesn't really do this? Like yeah there's the wild wasteland trait (that you have to intentionally pick) and poo poo like FISTO, but it's not overbearing.

Also fallout 2 was good, fight me :colbert:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sout posted:

I also happen to be playing New Vegas again because I'm dumb.
Kinda wanna pick up Battlegrounds but I hope it doesn't look as ugly as it does on streams.

It's uglier, and you likely have to run it at low unless you have access to NASA super computers since the optimization may be the worst I've seen in a game.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The original fallouts are good and fun but do not hold up to modern standards by any stretch and I can't get upset at anyone who looks at them and says gently caress that.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Not an isometric game with rng combat and a bunch of esoteric and useless mechanics that are not explained. Also, invisible timers.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hello, this is me.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Bob James posted:

Look at the savings.

:stare:

It turns out autism does speak and in speaks in $$$$.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

I was talking about arcanum in that post.

The combat in fallout 3 was pretty bad, in New Vegas they let you use iron-sights with every weapon which helps the FPS crowd. New Vegas was at least an RPG/FPS hybrid, fallout 4 is barely an RPG.

One of the cool things about new vegas is how you can avoid combat. You can dress up as a raider or NCR to blend in and sneak by enemies, combined with stealth and a high persuasion you can pretty much get out of any combat scenario.

New vegas combat is a lot better with project Nevada which lets you set how much damage and health everything has. Makes things a lot more interesting and combat a lot more deadly without being stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

I thought Survival mode already pretty much did that? Basically making it like 'realistic' mode in the original Deus Ex.

There was a mod made by one of the devs on NV that made the game a lot more challenging and I usually run with that and just a few other tweaks when doing a playthrough.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Josh_Sawyer%27s_Mod

The only cool thing survival mode does is make stims heal over time. It adds stupid hunger/thirst/sleep meters that have to go down, and adds weight to ammo. As well it makes companions able to permanently die. It's real bad and unfun without making combat any more difficult or less bullet spongey.

• Locked thread