Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fact: the only woman worth noticing in life is a conventionally hot woman

Fact: hot women exist for sex; their problems and complaints are an emission byproduct that need to be managed between gently caress sessions

Fact: making friends and growing is only worthwhile if a hot woman validates your self-respect

Fact: every man who tries to better himself is entitled to and is owed a hot woman

Fact: any man who attracts and fucks more than one woman is upsetting this birthright

Fact: self-care involves growing a foot and becoming white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They'd be told to gently caress off, then form another community and toxic identity to whine about. The supreme irony is that they will see the incel community for what it is without realizing they're still functionally the same.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zzulu posted:

they will double down on the fact that they could only get sex from a 6/10 instead of a 8/10 and lament their lives as total and utter suffering, still
They'll gently caress up any chance of a relationship by getting too clingy immediately, then they'll double down on the fact that all women are whores ruined by Chad and they're so fundamentally broken because even when they're having sex it's still them having sex.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

hyphz posted:

If he has any worries about validation then stay the hell away from Japanese culture. I've known people who were outwardly confident and normal end up paranoid and nervous in Japan because of the whole tatemae thing where people being nice to you means nothing.
I never thought about it but this explains a lot, both about why social outcasts would be drawn to a fantasy of Japanese culture and why the reality will end up breaking them over its knee with a polite smile.

quote:

For christ's sake don't let him hit on anyone in a maid cafe.
Aside from the fact that it's shameful as hell, what about a maid cafe is going to make this even worse than a normal waitress/barista?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

/r/Incels: The Ironclad Tinder Experiments

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Any chart that describes reddit in terms of 'butch' has no basis in reality.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

/r/incels: but that would require more social skills than I have

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Had American Dad on this afternoon, thought of this thread. It's an episode called "The Unincludeds" where the plot is literally about high school boys trying to avoid getting laid so their future selves are successful. When one fails his future self becomes Chad and the other gets progressively worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpDoSv0s_1A

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

splintercels are incels who just never get noticed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My Linux Rig posted:

Cancel- has some sweet cans. Doomed to never get laid
There's a decent short flick in here where a girl meets up with a Tinder date only to find out he's got tons of cans in his apartment and is an incel. A chase ensues. At the end she deals a finishing blow with Schawzeneggerian aplomb:

"You've been cancel-ed motherfucker."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Winston Church-cel: In the morning you'll be sober, and he'll still be an incel

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

What it felt like to get a hug after 10 years

I just got a hug from one of those stacies that are definately one of the top stacies, she was getting married to my cousin and i got invited to go, so i went.

It wasnt normal, how we live is not normal at all, you think that the section of your brain where you think practically and for the things you think and the bullying and the years of constant mogging, you think that the practical thinking is what makes you smart or who you are but its simply placing thoughts in a tunnel where emotions are supposed to be.

When i was leaving the party, I got a hug from the girl my cousin was marrying, it wasnt even intimate or anything it was just a hug that came from a pure place, a place of good, a place from a kind of connection or validation that you also exist. I wasnt expecting to get it but she just did, I dont even know her.

The sections of the brain where you placed those years of torture just gets filled in with pure emotion, you cant even fight against it or anything you just get embraced with emotion and the tunnels of where you place your thoughts just dissappear, the negative void you filled everything with just diassappears.

None of us here are living normally, we are missing out on a whole dimension of a world that probably most us are gonna die not knowing that it even existed.

You dont know what life is unless youve been hugged by a girl out of their own will and actually feel something for you. It is completely unreal knowing that someone actually thought about you. How we live is not normal.
Find/replace "stacy" with "heroin"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

http://stephenking.wikia.com/wiki/Harold_Lauder

It's kind of amazing that Stephen King more of less created the prototypical Redditor long before the internet as we know it was ever a thing.
Those types of guys have always been around. Like they're just a type of person-- arrogant, pompous, imatture high-functioning autistic manboys without the rearing and discipline to overcome their worse qualities. They're every bit the stock stereotype as the "dumb jock" or "bitchy popular girl." As has been said-- the major difference now is that those types of guys can feed into each other's worst qualities, including here.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

These same average shallow whores wouldn't even give me (or the other average guys) a second glance. I could have accepted if hot girls wanted chad, but all the bland faced chubby bitches demanded him and nothing less.
I would bet my next paycheck that this dude has turned down a woman of comparable attractiveness because she wasn't good enough for him.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blade Runner posted:

Plus, talking to other people on a social level, guys or otherwise, will help you not be a loving autistic incel with retard opinions.
Please don't lump all us autistics in with incels. Some of us prefer to make fun of them.

soy posted:

Is the slayer some reference to the fact that the author of conan the barbarian was basically and incel?
Dollars to donuts it's because they heard it a lot in Halo growing up

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe it didn't occur to me but it is odd that they're so drat concerned with what women find attractive given how hard they steer into literally any excuse to deem themselves unfuckable.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

These boys have either never been close enough to sexual assault to realize what the gently caress it actually is, or they are so intimately familiar that they dissociate and project any problem with it as feminine weakness.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's fifty pounds of nope in a fifteen pound bag.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Somfin posted:

I doubt they've ever eaten a drat sandwich with the crusts on it
Pro burn

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She's chubby and I wouldn't be attracted to her, but she's not anyone I'd give poo poo to unless I wanted to be a Mean Girl

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

china bot posted:

r/incels is a support group much in the same way that a stool supports your weight as you pull the noose around your neck

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Benny Harvey posted:

Was wondering if Swedish women were like German women at all. Pepper spray was an exaggeration but when I lived there they really seemed to relish the opportunity to exercise power over men.
The trick is to not tolerate poo poo behavior and move on with your life. Don't renege or indulge bratty behavior and insults, because they only have as much power as you let them.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well yeah you make yourself vulnerable admitting that. That means you can get hurt, not that they dictate your actions.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ekuNNN posted:

What kind of incel are you?

This makes me want to run a tabletop game where players have to pick one of each and work together to like, arrange the care for someone's dying mother.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

noether posted:

okay so men lose their SMV later than women, right? clearly stacys radiate their SMV into the sexual energy field that permeates space, and their male peers and the next generation of chads and stacys absorb it. chads radiate SMV continuously as well, but their SMV spikes in their late 20s/early 30s as they absorb SMV from their peers before they continue radiating it as usual
It has been way too long a day to think about incel particle physics

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bacon Taco posted:

One thing's for sure: incel quarks have 0 charm and 3 strange, amirite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Benny Harvey posted:

There's a big difference between those two statements though: "you're attractive" versus "that was unattractive".
Ok, how?

quote:

The former refers to something more durable whereas the latter is just behaviour she can change when a more worthy man comes along. If they act "unattractive" to me they're probably well aware of it ("bitch shield") and even if they're not, why would they care if I called it out? Like I say, they can start acting attractive again any time they want.
Ok assuming that you're right and attraction is a 3-point spectrum of "attractive, acting unattractive, and truly unattractive"--which you're not--what makes you think this is exclusive to women? It really doesn't seem like it because you're inexperienced but when you get to know more than a few women as friends you see that despite a different vantage point they're way more like guys than they're not.

quote:

As for laughing and walking away, I'm stubborn and I hate having to swallow my pride like that.
That's on you, and creates a "dog chasing a car" mentality where you're so used to the impotent whine that once you luck into some woman who wants to gently caress you you're going to self-destruct because that is easier than chancing swallowing your pride.

quote:

I'm really nowhere near posting on r/incels btw. If anything, my strategy minimises humiliation and makes it less likely.
You are way, way closer than you think. Go do some volunteer work at a hospital, animal center, or some other place with a sizable lady population where everyone's reason for being there is to work. Get to know a few of them solely in a platonic capacity. Learn about their lives. You clearly need that kind-of experience.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Plus, if they have sex with an ugly chick, it'd be like a defeat for them so they don't even try. They want their perfect 18 year old virgin
Oh my god yes. A lot of incels are so conditioned to believe they're owed a hot girl simply for being able to function at the barest level of societal expectation.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blade Runner posted:

I legitimately want to play a tabletop RPG based on incels and their weird, dumb lore

Stop talking to Benny and help me figure this out.

The quests should be ordinary tasks that involve having to interact with women in a non-sexual capacity to accomplish a goal, like going clothes shopping at the mall or doing a group project in class. You can play the conventions straight or have real-world style consequences, but it shouldn't just be 'lol go to club and fight Chad.'

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Either that or they are entirely absent from the incel cosmography because they are irrelevant to their toxic masculinity.
By my understanding black women--especially darker-skinned women--have the hardest time on online dating sites. Given the entitlement rampant in the incel community, I'd expect the phrase "I can't help who I'm attracted to" to come up in relation to the topic.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

noether posted:

Female Personality Evolution

This is what happens when boys watch way too much Sentai as kids

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Benny Harvey posted:

I didn't say attraction was a three point spectrum? Anyone can act unattractive regardless of their looks. And I'm sure the type of behaviour I described is found in men too. However, as I say men are typically the applicant and so the dynamic would tend more towards women being in control.

I also don't know what you mean about self destruction. I've had a couple relationships run their course and I came out the same as I went in.

Fwiw my workplace has about a 50/50 split and its a big place. I'm not really a social person but I see what you're saying about platonic relationships. However, I already realise that women are the same as men except for social dynamics. Besides which I don't won't to be seen as pining or being a "Nice Guy".

Re: the poster who commented about "bitch shield": it's real. Men are idiots who take politeness for interest so I don't blame women for doing it.
Ok, washing my hands of this. Troll or someone who is really that pathetic, don't care. I get where you are mentally/emotionally, but I can't unfuck that knot unless you're ready for it. You're not ready. Enjoy the years of torture before something--preferably meds--knocks you loose.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

green chicken feet posted:

Incels don't know how to do an act of kindness and not expect something in return. It's part of their entitlement complex.

Too bad they will never know the joy that comes from a truly unselfish act. Their loss, and they don't even know they're missing out.
This is bullshit. incels are just pissy that for all their supposed insight and "forbidden wisdom" this guy can still get played by a city girl flirting with him for five minutes. It's like a Neo-Nazi accidentally making friends with the nice Jewish couple at work. They're so feckless they can't even commit to their own toxic identity.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

For consideration: the innate knowledge that romance and monogamous partners is largely more accessible than ever before is too intimidating to weaker men as well as fosters external blame for the fact that they may indeed be the bottom percentage of men unable to find someone even in the most egalitarian society yet.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

noether posted:

I mean yeah, but that seems to apply to like, south park conservatives and radical centrists more than whoever they think they're criticizing lol
I've never met people more angry about free speech than those who don't realize that free speech still means "talk poo poo, get hit."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sources: Apu, that dude on The Big Bang Theory, Kumar, saw Slumdog Millionaire once on afternoon cable

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's also remarkably courteous that the party would even listen.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Y'know, I'll be the first to point out that height is a much bigger dating factor than people will admit to, and that the denial of that factor is far more harmful than the bias itself...

...but jesus. Embrace the freedom that comes with knowing you're not the sexual ideal. Be your best self and women who like your best self can and will show themselves. All you have to do is be comfortable in your skin, learn how to deal with bullies, and don't become a frumpy, dumpy sack of crap who relies on his wallet to attract people.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pick posted:

Is this a thing we women even do? I remember once on the tram in Prague, I saw the most beautiful man I'd ever seen in my life, and I didn't immediately go "boy I want that guy to rail me RIGHT NOW" I thought "boy this would be a great time to be a talent scout or casting director."

I'm sure some women do, but as with most incel things it seems to be a projection of what women want based on the only frame of reference incels have--themselves. They fantasize about loving that cute girl on the train, thus all women do the same with men.

In my experience being slim and muscular will always be best, but a good personality and confidence really do go a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

As a man I'm not sure how much I've contributed to this phenomena versus caused it.

• Locked thread