Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triwolf
May 9, 2008
A few iterations of this thread ago someone asked if there are ever gay incels. This one, writer Caleb Luna, is probably more properly a vocel since they have engaged in relationships but rarely find a partner woke enough to handle their extremely long-winded diatribes on how everyone is looking at them funny and how awful it is seeing happy queer couples in public.

Low self esteem: check

Bemoaning the existence of gay Chads: check

Normies giving dirty looks and psychic judgement: check

Sour grapes rejection of romantic love with bonus intersectional post-feminist critical thought: check and check!

Like incels, Caleb fantasizes about a fairer distribution of sex but instead of the state handing out Stacys they prefer a more Marxist distribution of Chads so that everyone has access to the means of (sex) production.

triwolf fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triwolf
May 9, 2008

Fartbox posted:

nice broken links DINGUS

Sorry I'm linkcel. I blame society and my thin wrists.

triwolf
May 9, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am talking about the bitter, friendless, broke brained, poorly socialized straight teenage girls who aren't getting the sex they want. Who do these girls blame? Chad or Stacey? Are they as entitled and whingey as the incels? Are they as hyper focused on their own looks as the boys, (I would guess yes on this one)

Others have posted the kind of "choosy beggars" type Tumblr girls, which is one manifestation of this in women, but there is also a large group of marriage-aged religious women who post endlessly online about being unable to find a good man due to the wickedness of the secular world. These aren't teenagers--they tend to be rapidly approaching spinsterdom--and they don't have a central forum like Reddit so you have to find their websites like this one: Waiting For Your Boaz.

http://waitingforyourboaz.com/timetable posted:

Don’t allow yourself to become desperate. YOU are the prize, YOU are His beloved. Stop focusing so much on the world around you and start fixing your eyes on your First love. There is a peace so sweet that comes with placing your love story in God’s hands. Daily the enemy will attack you with lies that God will not meet your need, so daily you are going to have to give it to God.

But tbh these women are not nearly as interesting as incels, their sites are just affirmations of God's ultimate plan stuff and complaining about dating culture as far as I can tell they never snap and shoot up a bar or anything.

triwolf
May 9, 2008

Proposition Castle posted:

Is this like Waiting for Godot but with more cats?

I have two women like this in my circle of friends and they both have multiple cats, so yes.

One is definitely held up because of religious reasons. She's the one who posted the Waiting for Boaz link and complains endlessly on Facebook about how hard it is to wait for God to bring you a man. She moved from my Godless Liberal City back to her hometown of Turkey Holler, Pennsyltucky in the hopes of finding a religious man but so far God has not delivered. The other is just super picky. However, unlike incels, both of these women have jobs and friends and bathe regularly and whatnot so they're far less entertaining.

triwolf
May 9, 2008

"Where are the songs that raise men's self esteem" has this shut-in never listened to hip hop?

• Locked thread