Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Doesn't one of these /r/incels threads get gassed every week or so?

More like every month...or a few.

Either way, they always rule in highlighting the self-defeating uggos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Michael Bayleaf posted:

what does incel mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzZabo18mhA

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

lazorexplosion posted:

You are literally not human if you go without sex for more than a month

Humans are designed to bang on a daily basis and if you are not doing that, you are literally reprogramming your psyche by force. Eventually the longer you go without sex, the more of what makes you human rots and degenerates leaving you a hollow empty vessel in the long run

Given these creeps' definitions of humanity, I'd count that as a good thing.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here's another thing I just noticed about incels:

They are terrified of cheating. They truly believe that all woman will instantly cheat on their "normie" boyfriends.

Is it insecurity? Is it their belief in the desirability of Chad? As in "well I want to gently caress him, so obviously she does." Is it their belief that women are sub human creatures driven only by their desire to gently caress?

It's just an excuse. "She'd cheat on me one day anyway, so why bother? Much easier to just hate all women and call them sluts."

Like some other poster ITT said earlier, it's no surprise these guys are complete failures in other aspects of their life, from hygiene to work - they think the world owes them a dick massage at no effort of their own and drat anyone who says otherwise.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

mind the walrus posted:

I can almost sympathize with them because after I broke up with a girlfriend in high school she became really promiscuous and a percentage of young women I've known like to hook up with attractive guys on the down low whenever they feel like it, and it is hard to accept at first..

...but it's one of those things that isn't morally wrong and completely out of your control. So unless you can let go and stop making sex and the approval of women your focal point for self-esteem you'll end up like, well these creeps.

I can understand why poo poo like this pisses off the ex-BFs, but it helps a great deal to understand the girls who wind up doing that almost always have absolutely lovely self-esteem. In short, the reason they do that has to do with what matters to them (and them thinking that's going to fix it, even if train-boning very rarely actually does that, it just leaves you a more confused mess) - and not what matters to the idiotic imagination of the incel that just got dumped or whatever...of course, god forbid an incel starts to consider what other people might want, it's all about what he wants. So in his mind, that girl that's promiscuous isn't going through her own version of self-inflicted suffering, no - she's just being a slut and enjoying every minute of getting laid unlike POOR ME who's a guy and will never get laid again boo-loving-hoo!!

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 8, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

That sure is a weird, sex-negative diatribe you're going on there. There's a lot of posters ITT who think like incels but pretend not to.

That sure is colossally missing the context in which I phrased it - being specifically promiscuous AFTER breaking up.

BTW, I apply this to guys as much as girls. But if you think boning people fast and loose right after a break up is the best way to get rid of the soul-crushing feelings that come at that point, your thoughts might be a lot closer to that of incels, who magically think sex equals happiness, than mine.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 8, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Shanghaied posted:

"Beep boop, I present to you my résumé, dear female. Do you find me attractive? Beep boop."

That first and last sentence, really, sum this poo poo up even better than the inevitable woman-hating inbetween. I just can't get over how dumb the term itself is, and yet it explains the core problem of the mentality perfectly. The only reason it's 'involuntary' celibacy is because these sad sacks wouldn't 'volunteer' to put the work in getting out of it. Or put any work in anything else that'd make them happy and fulfilled for that matter.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 8, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Palpek posted:

How is Patrick Bateman not among incel messiahs yet? A Chad and a literal slayer. He shared incel opinions on women too.

I feel like he's before their time and these sad sacks only go for the latest edgy poo poo. Plus he's capable of being brutally honest with himself (by the end of the movie anyway) and that's a trait these cowards despise.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 26, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tetracube posted:

what was it that finally did them in

I'm gonna guess it was one of their regular posters going outside of their scum pit and asking, in a not-so-subtle way, for tips on how to get away with rape. Then the mods trace him back to the blackpill and realizing that holy GEEZ does this community let a lot of violent threats towards women females slide!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ReadingZucchini posted:

you could probably make an incel voight-kampff test by making people watch the video from beginning to end and measuring their response

"Describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind about females."
*incel shoots interviewer*

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Pick posted:

I hate that scene because so many men took it as advice.

I felt that "So you ARE going to hurt women?!" at the end makes the author's POV on this 'advice' and mindset that can lead to date rape pretty drat clear and unambiguous. Granted I dunno what happens after said scene though.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 8, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Pick posted:

Also, I am not saying that the writers are saying it’s good, I’m saying that they’re saying that works, which often it can, and a lot of people watching don’t care if it’s right or wrong, the care of it works, it’s a new idea.

OTOH, 'the implication' of being stuck on a boat literally happened to me, my mom, my brother and his now wife + step daughter when we chartered a boat to cruise our small coastline for the day. Towards the end, the crazy old dude stubbornly insisted we have dinner + sleepover on the boat and fortunately I talked him into just dinner with no sleepover, since we had jobs to get back to the next goddamn day.

Thankfully, all we had to suffer was some poorly cooked fish, and my brother's now-wife worrying herself to tears. But even that might not have been needed, if I'd just watched Sunny in Philadelphia at that time, seen that scene first and been aware of *the implication* of not knowing how the gently caress to operate a boat back to harbor if we had to knock the poo poo out of that old fart.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
So yea, don't take boat rides with people you don't trust applies to men and women IMO. Cripes, you'd think mobsters throwing bodies off them in pop fiction would've made that point clear well before Sunny in Philadelphia of all things did. Now move the gently caress on please, more rear end gravy from their stupid new cesspool forum.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 8, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
heyyy whaddayaknow. Reddit finally takes out some of its trash, news at 11.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/08/reddit-bans-misogynist-community-in-anti-violence-crackdown/

EDIT: Seems like the catalyst for the ban could've also been one of the links in there that leads to this one, dated barely a week ago:

http://www.care2.com/causes/why-hasnt-reddit-shut-down-this-misogynistic-group.html

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yeah that legit needs to be reported, that's straight up horrifying.

I'm actually kinda onboard with the notion, that this thread not go on anymore, if these dipshits are going to just straight up make a rape advice forum for rapists. Making fun of frustrated dweebs, with self-loathing and impotent anger, is one thing, but if it gets to that point of straight up criminality, I don't see any point in making light of that. Just reporting it to the authorities and making a new GBS thread when one of them does get caught.

• Locked thread