Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Look at this crazy fire breathing bastard. He was insane.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/878291042222706688/pu/vid/480x360/wD4ClTxDp5eFbDf1.mp4

gently caress!!!

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DDAl0d-XkAAJPjO.mp4

An absolute madman

You see that sickle? He would loving stab people with it.

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DDBGOrtW0AA7CBL.mp4

...sometimes

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DDAfDkQXUAE0a5M.mp4

So loving gross. That's the only gif of that I'm posting.

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DC-4YTGXsAAkRQY.mp4

RIP you crazy gently caress.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
at 66 years old think of how many wrestlers he outlived despite doing that poo poo all the time

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Don't try this at home kids.

Actually, don't try this anywhere. We've tried to stop Mr. Pogo but he can not be harmed by conventional weapons.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what his persona was outside of the ring.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I remember in high school discovering FMW and when I saw a dude carving fools up with a sickle and lighting dudes on fire. I knew I was in love. I'll take some Onita vs Mr. Pogo matches any day of the goddamned week.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ChrisBTY posted:

Actually, don't try this anywhere. We've tried to stop Mr. Pogo but he can not be harmed by conventional weapons.

Well I guess a scalpel is pretty unconventional

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

at 66 years old think of how many wrestlers he outlived despite doing that poo poo all the time

many other wrestlers chased a massive physique and worked hard in the ring, mr pogo looked like poo poo and never bumped

he rules

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'd rather be carved up by that sickle than take one of the ladder bumps guys do so frequently now tbh. Chicks dig scars and limping is for suckers.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

oatgan posted:

many other wrestlers chased a massive physique and worked hard in the ring, mr pogo looked like poo poo and never bumped

he rules

he used to bump but he broke his neck in a match against Terry Funk (imagine how bad an injury has to be for a FMW match to get called off) and never really had the mobility to do much afterwards

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Who is going to kill all the guys who fight like pussies now? :ohdear:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I hope he gets a Viking funeral so that he can get one last fire ball.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
One of my favorite Mr. Pogo bits was during a huge tag tournament in WAR. Kodo Fuyuki was taking a beating at the hands of Tenryu's team, so he suddenly ran to the ropes and reached a hand out, screaming at someone in the audience.

Camera pans to Mr. Pogo, sitting unannounced in the front row. Pogo stands up, the crowd starts chanting his name and cheering for him to get in the mix...

Pogo just shrugs and sits back down.

Mr. Pogo follows the money, rear end in a top hat.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jesus that sickle gif

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Little Mac posted:

jesus that sickle gif

There was the floating island ring deathmatch thing where he was jamming dudes in the gut with it. Pretty sick.

Did he have kids? I wanna know what dad time with Mr. Pogo was like.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I've never had any real idea how you'd work Pogo sticking people with that thing and blood gushing out, so I'm assuming he didn't and Japan is insane

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeathChicken posted:

I've never had any real idea how you'd work Pogo sticking people with that thing and blood gushing out, so I'm assuming he didn't and Japan is insane

Death match guys have two ways to get over, either bleed and do gimmicky explosions and fire in relatively safe ways, or do crazy bumps that might kill you. Onita and Pogo took so few bumps at their peak, it is crazy. They just had to get a million stitches instead. Of course Pogo still suffered a broken neck.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Little Mac posted:

jesus that sickle gif

There are some extremely gruesome ones of him slowly and dramatically pushing it in a head or a stomach.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight at 8 PM I'll be doing Mr. Pogo night for anyone who wants to see some real poo poo.

https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It was probably quite easy as he rarely took bumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
RIP Mr. Pogo, I still remember when I asked the ask thread and they told me you were my only memory of wrestling from before 2014.

• Locked thread