Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

My first CDs were Follow the Leader by Korn and, in not-nu metal, Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden. System of a Down is still s good band damnit

Streetfight is a fun listen and the guys seem super chill, but these zines are amazing

I absolutely lost my poo poo at the crossword puzzle where every answer is KoRn.

Dirt posted:

Oh hey, a Street Fight thread! :cool:
Been reading/posting in the Chapo thread for months, no idea why it never occurred to me to look for a Street Fight thread until today(I am dumb).

I found out about Street Fight in a round about way I guess. I started with Chapo, they introduced me to the Street Fight guys.
I've been on the 13/month tier on Patreon for a bit now. Can't beat a podcast who sends you drugs and a zine.

I've decided Street Fight is probably my 2nd favorite podcast these days(Your Mom's House Podcast will always be #1, shame there is no thread here for it I guess?). As a annoyed lefty who grew up in Michigan it's nice hearing some people from my area who aren't total chuds.

Oo enjoy the Kratom while it's legal! I've never heard of Your Mom's House Podcast- what's it like?

Friends, Murder Bryan is getting hammered by the government and is hoping for some support. If you haven't subbed yet consider tossing these very nice good boys $5/month.

https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/884840635244720128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
what are the best episodes about small business owners being lovely. im feelin angsty

Dirt
May 26, 2003

matureaudiencesonly posted:

I've never heard of Your Mom's House Podcast- what's it like?

It's two comedians, Tom Segura and his wife Christina Pazsitzky. They watch crazy video clips, talk about random things, sometimes they have other comedians on it. It's basically all dick and fart jokes.Lots of inside jokes and references. Not political at all, but I like it a lot.

Thom and the Heads posted:

what are the best episodes about small business owners being lovely. im feelin angsty

The one about Uline was pretty good. Uline comes up a lot really.

Also I am crediting the Street Fight guys with adding "Small Business Tyrant" to my vocabulary.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 12, 2017

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
They had some stuff around thanksgiving last year about monkeywrenching that's great and gets into small business tyrant territory, but I love monkeywrenching so much that I'm doing it right now, ymmv.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Chakan posted:

They had some stuff around thanksgiving last year about monkeywrenching that's great and gets into small business tyrant territory, but I love monkeywrenching so much that I'm doing it right now, ymmv.

Must have missed that one. What's monkeywrenching?

:siren: STREET FIGHT IS READY TO TAKE YOUR CALLS :siren:
https://twitter.com/StreetFightWCRS/status/886696956050976770

Nows our chance to ask them if they have stairs in their house. Don't disappoint me, goons.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

matureaudiencesonly posted:

Must have missed that one. What's monkeywrenching?

:siren: STREET FIGHT IS READY TO TAKE YOUR CALLS :siren:
https://twitter.com/StreetFightWCRS/status/886696956050976770

Nows our chance to ask them if they have stairs in their house. Don't disappoint me, goons.

Monkey wrenching is slowing down work any chance you get. So in a meeting just start asking a lot of questions. Take extra time doing a task. Anything that slows down the work day.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I've been doing that for years subconsciously.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

call in show had a fun vibe but I rolled my eyes whenever someone wanted to talk more about some poo poo they heard on chapo instead of D.A.R.E.

Chakan posted:

there was an ep last month where they went over some cia funded handbook on how to aid in toppling foreign governments with monkeywrenching

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 17, 2017

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Street Fight News!

If you're in Chicago, run don't walk to get tickets to this awesome show:
https://twitter.com/hideoutchicago/status/889548030860570624

There will also be another call-in show this upcoming Sunday, July 30th. I lost the number but I'm sure they will be tweeting about it at some point. Don't be nervous about calling in either, everyone sounded super awkward last time especially with the lag so you are bound to sound incredibly handsome and educated by comparison.

Did anyone read Jeet's article? It was centered on throwing barbs at CTH but he also namedropped (and linked to) Street Fight for some reason. Bryan seemed displeased about this.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Also, x-posting from the Awful Kickstarters thred:

ponzicar posted:

Who wants to read a comic book about a flat earth super hero? How about one that includes a tie-in card game?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vincewhite/a-flat-earth-comic/description

Be sure to check out the updates section for the few first pages, and an apology video from the campaign's creator.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I was listening to street fight while running today. The Radiohead impression they did is the hardest I've ever laughed at this podcast.

Also I enjoy any episode where they poo poo on cops. Newest episode is great.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

one dollar for a Brett krautrock dj set is a hell of a deal

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dirt posted:

I was listening to street fight while running today. The Radiohead impression they did is the hardest I've ever laughed at this podcast.

Also I enjoy any episode where they poo poo on cops. Newest episode is great.

Which episode is the Radiohead impression?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Which episode is the Radiohead impression?

7-25-17 - Get yourself an axe

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
https://twitter.com/donaisabelle/status/890754803206418432

the two sams were too wily to fall for brett and bryan's tricks

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I got a Desert Storm trading card In my kit this month.

It's so crazy these were an actual thing

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

What'd you get? I got the Sea-Hawk helcopter

Dirt
May 26, 2003

What'd you get? I got the Sea-Hawk helcopter

That's badass.

I got "Frigates".

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Hell yeah! Can't do imperialism without the ol' "Frigates", lol.

Gosh, the early 90's were so bizarre, I've been thinking a lot about the 90's as a decade and how terribly they've been aging since ending.

Also, I got a few compliments on my zine article and someone sent me a photo of it in print and I basically cried, even though it's a little zine thing, being "published" in some capacity has been a long dream of mine ;_;

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Which article did you write?

The 90s were super weird. But think being a kid in the 90s was pretty cool because all the dumb poo poo I did isn't on YouTube or Facebook.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Mine was "Under The Influence", an essay relating patriotism to my experiences with addict parents.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Loving Life Partner posted:

Mine was "Under The Influence", an essay relating patriotism to my experiences with addict parents.

That's so cool (the article not your drugged out parents)! I haven't read any of the new zine yet but I will definitely read your article.

Did you just email them a story or what? How did you get in to it?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Dirt posted:

That's so cool (the article not your drugged out parents)! I haven't read any of the new zine yet but I will definitely read your article.

Did you just email them a story or what? How did you get in to it?

Bryan will throw out calls now and then on the twitter TL and we've been mufos forever, so I volunteered. This was back in early May for the July zine, I think they're booked a few months out.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

I got some sort of attack helicopter card. I saw that someone on twitter got Dick Cheney and I am pretty jealous of that.

Loving Life Partner, your piece was vey well-written and emotionally powerful. Thanks for sharing your personal story with the zine. Really interesting perspective as well, one that I hadn't considered before.

Did any of you lucky fucks get to see the SF/CTH in Chicago?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Loving Life Partner posted:

that was a good read, thank you for writing it

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Thanks guys :D

Also I'm so happy to confirm everyone from Street Fight and Chapo are giant sweeties IRL and they were so great to my communist children at DSA Con.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I got "Taking off in an F-18." these things are loving surreal

e: good article, mark. I won't roast your rear end on an even deader, worse forum.

padijun fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 7, 2017

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

padijun posted:

I got "Taking off in an F-18." these things are loving surreal

e: good article, mark. I won't roast your rear end on an even deader, worse forum.

I got "Night Vision Goggles." The card rules.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

"Patriot Missile Command Center" here

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I got Geberal Richard R Graves. The back tells me he's on of the "13 generals who would lead U.S. ground troops into battle, in Operation Desert Storm."

If you google him he looks exactly like someone who would be a career army guy, but gets left out in the two scenes he would be in when they make "Desert Storm: War in the 1990's."

This issue is, as always, good stuff.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I found scans of the 1991 Topps Desert Storm set

Coy Saddam is obviously the best photo but there are other fine cards.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Your precious Yank "State of the Art Stealth Fighter Bomber" (F-117A) is in my filthy convict hands :getin:

Hocus Pocus fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 8, 2017

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Good find! These are awesome.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Bryan says he's opposed to murder, but has anyone SEEN his twitter handle? I'm just asking questions folks, but it's troubling when you put the pieces together...

e: I looked for the ep where Bryan says "it's more of a suggestion" but I can't.

Chakan fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 8, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Lol at Jen Kirkman retweeting Bryan to try and shame him or something.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

The_Rob posted:

Lol at Jen Kirkman retweeting Bryan to try and shame him or something.

link?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shaming the Streetfight guys sounds like an impossible task so lmao at even thinking that would be a tactic that could work

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I can't seem to find it anymore. She might have deleted it. But it was after she was saying that she thinks Bernie is a Russian agent of chaos who was put in the election to take down Hillary and then she went on a retweet spree on anyone who tweeted about her.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Shaming the Streetfight guys sounds like an impossible task

yellow shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

The_Rob posted:

I can't seem to find it anymore. She might have deleted it. But it was after she was saying that she thinks Bernie is a Russian agent of chaos who was put in the election to take down Hillary and then she went on a retweet spree on anyone who tweeted about her.

That sounds about right.