Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
lol if you don't have Enrique just throw out your unmade mattress every morning and set up an individually packaged, pre-made mattress on your bed just before you got to bed every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Why does a grown adult have to put in any bed-making effort past pulling the sheets/comforter back up to the pillow? And that only if you really want to?

Unless Better Homes and Gardens is coming over to do a photoshoot of your stately mansion's nautical decor and fine use of color, who gives a poo poo.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dienes posted:

Yeah, that's Habitica.
That actually looks pretty neat. I have a couple of habits I've been failing to get into my head, and I easily get stuck in these kind of progress games.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

make the bed?

lol if you don't sleep on a stained mattress thrown on the floor and piled in dirty laundry.

That you eat off of

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Collateral Damage posted:

That actually looks pretty neat. I have a couple of habits I've been failing to get into my head, and I easily get stuck in these kind of progress games.

Honestly out of all the to-do lists I've tried, its the one I like the best and still use. Its actually a pretty good Kickstarter success story.

You can tell the target audience is gamerz, though. Each month they have optional challenges designed to support mental/emotional/social health - this month is about giving people genuine, respectful compliments. :unsmith:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SpacePig posted:

lol if you don't have Enrique just throw out your unmade mattress every morning and set up an individually packaged, pre-made mattress on your bed just before you got to bed every night.

3O, that you?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

make the bed?

lol if you don't sleep on a stained mattress thrown on the floor and piled in dirty laundry.

lol if you don't sleep inside an earthquake-proof Dahir Insaat Hell-bed.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Harveygod posted:

lol if you don't sleep inside an earthquake-proof Dahir Insaat Hell-bed.

i'm the week's worth of provisions, completely inaccessible under the mattress.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm the sepsis thanks to being trapped with a ruptured bowel

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

i'm the week's worth of provisions, completely inaccessible under the mattress.

lol if you don't sleep with a knife in your underwear so you can stab your way through the mattress at a moment's notice.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Parasol Prophet posted:

lol if you don't sleep with a knife in your underwear so you can stab your way through the mattress at a moment's notice.

lol if you don't have Enrique . . . sleep under your mattress . . . with a knife

maybe not

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Glazier posted:

You know what I'll bet you my dentists says four because people are lazy and will do a half-assed job, that devious bastard.

My understanding is a lot of what Dentists say is less about what is actually good, and more about tricking people into doing enough.

It's 2 because it's long enough that people do everywhere in their mouth at least once. You can effectively brush your teeth in less time, and do damage brushing for too long.

Mouthwash is the same, they don't recommend using mouthwash after brushing because people end up skipping the brushing.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

That's some terrible SEO considering that Spinneroo is already a F2P slots game, several organizing and industrial spinning devices, and a type of windsock.

Also I could already buy almost a dozen Bluetooth-enabled fidget spinners from the checkout line at the store for the price of one of those.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Facebook Aunt posted:

lol if you don't have Enrique . . . sleep under your mattress . . . with a knife

maybe not

"Lol, if you dont have Enrique sleep in the same bed with you so he can rip apart more than just the mattress, if needed."

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That nail annoys me a lot

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Who wants to read a comic book about a flat earth super hero? How about one that includes a tie-in card game?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vincewhite/a-flat-earth-comic/description

Be sure to check out the updates section for the few first pages, and an apology video from the campaign's creator.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ponzicar posted:

Who wants to read a comic book about a flat earth super hero? How about one that includes a tie-in card game?

Be sure to check out the updates section for the few first pages, and an apology video from the campaign's creator.

The dumbest part of this as far as I'm concerned is that his comic features a superhero called Orion and his costume doesn't include a belt

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

ponzicar posted:

just found this dude's youtube channel through the comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3faYQ91dRw

good lord

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

just found this dude's youtube channel through the comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3faYQ91dRw

good lord

"What we think, does not always line up with reality."

Hmmm.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I was hoping this guy doesn't really believe in Flat Earth, just that he thinks it's an interesting setting. Kinda like how people who made Thor comics do not exactly worship Odin.

But then as I read on...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm reminded of Batman Odyssey, which was written by a Hollow Earth believer that incorporated it into the story. It was also amazingly bonkers.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm reminded of Batman Odyssey, which was written by a Hollow Earth believer that incorporated it into the story. It was also amazingly bonkers.

i googled this thinking it had to be some wacky silver age poo poo in the vein of "superman must stop david cassidy from singing a song by turning jimmy olsen into a girl to seduce him" stuff but no this was published in 2012

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

i googled this thinking it had to be some wacky silver age poo poo in the vein of "superman must stop david cassidy from singing a song by turning jimmy olsen into a girl to seduce him" stuff but no this was published in 2012

I know what I'm looking up later tonight.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I know the one where Superman bombs a concert hall to stop Pat Boone singing a song Clark Kent wrote about Superman where the first letter of each line spells "Clark Kent." Just turning Jimmy into a woman to seduce someone seems far too subtle for Superman.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Batman Odyssey is insane and good. Everyone should read it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sunswipe posted:

I know the one where Superman bombs a concert hall to stop Pat Boone singing a song Clark Kent wrote about Superman where the first letter of each line spells "Clark Kent." Just turning Jimmy into a woman to seduce someone seems far too subtle for Superman.

Jimmy cross-dresses of his own accord anyway.

Batman Odyssey also has a lot of shirtless Bruce Wayne rambling at you.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It was written by Neal Adams who started in that time period.

Although in Neal's defense he was also one of the people who killed that era off as well, he worked on the Speedy is a heroin junkie story.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Inescapable Duck posted:

Jimmy cross-dresses of his own accord anyway.

Batman Odyssey also has a lot of shirtless Bruce Wayne rambling at you.

From the Batman comics I've read, Bruce seems to sit around the Batcave shirtless a lot. He either stays in full Batgear or strips down to his Battights. I know he's tough as hell, but you'd think sitting around in a massive cave he might at least have a dressing gown or something to wear for slouching around the cave in. Batsweatpants?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Sunswipe posted:

From the Batman comics I've read, Bruce seems to sit around the Batcave shirtless a lot. He either stays in full Batgear or strips down to his Battights. I know he's tough as hell, but you'd think sitting around in a massive cave he might at least have a dressing gown or something to wear for slouching around the cave in. Batsweatpants?

:colbert:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

The MSJ posted:

I was hoping this guy doesn't really believe in Flat Earth, just that he thinks it's an interesting setting. Kinda like how people who made Thor comics do not exactly worship Odin.

But then as I read on...

This has already been done by Terry Pratchett

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Mainstream comics are overall garbage, which is why I selectively back comics on KS these days if I want to read a comic. Many of those are also garbage, but it's a little sad to see amateurish or mundane projects go unfunded while some embarrassing anime crap gets overfunded (I'm looking at you, Barbarossa). I notice that board/card games do insanely well, are there ever projects of those types that don't get funded?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Mainstream comics are overall garbage, which is why I selectively back comics on KS these days if I want to read a comic. Many of those are also garbage, but it's a little sad to see amateurish or mundane projects go unfunded while some embarrassing anime crap gets overfunded (I'm looking at you, Barbarossa). I notice that board/card games do insanely well, are there ever projects of those types that don't get funded?

There are at least 2 successful deckbuilding games with art by Tim Buckley, so I'm going to go ahead and say no.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
One of the guys who wrote a ton of DC comics through to the 90s believes gravity is fake and what it is is that the Earth is constantly expanding, so when you throw things in the air the Earth's expansion causes it to "fall". And he wrote a series of Batman comic books where the inside of that infinitely expanding Earth is also hollow and has people living it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Adams#Advocacy_of_Expanding_Earth_hypothesis

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

fishmech posted:

One of the guys who wrote a ton of DC comics through to the 90s believes gravity is fake and what it is is that the Earth is constantly expanding, so when you throw things in the air the Earth's expansion causes it to "fall". And he wrote a series of Batman comic books where the inside of that infinitely expanding Earth is also hollow and has people living it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Adams#Advocacy_of_Expanding_Earth_hypothesis

fishmech, people started discussing Neal Adams and Batman Oddyssey nearly 10 hours ago

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SpacePig posted:

There are at least 2 successful deckbuilding games with art by Tim Buckley, so I'm going to go ahead and say no.

What about that card game from the guy behind Goblins?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The dumbest part of this as far as I'm concerned is that his comic features a superhero called Orion and his costume doesn't include a belt

No bow & arrow, no scythe, no shield. SAD !

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SpacePig posted:

These days I'd take Tim Buckley's mediocre artwork over Penny Arcade's chronic infection with adult-onset John K disease.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Guy Mann posted:

adult-onset John K disease.

What does that mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Subjunctive posted:

What does that mean?

John K is the guy who created Ren and Stimpy, he's pretty infamous for being a literal crazy person and also his insistence that the one true objectively correct way to draw cartoons is to make everything as grotesque and deformed as possible in the name of expressiveness. The guy who draws Penny Arcade got super into it after they got popular and has steadily regressed until now everyone he draws is is a hunchbacked bucktoothed freak floating in a void of desaturated colors and bloom lighting.