Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I furiously mash the 30 second skip forward button and it still takes me 5 minutes to get through a Kushwaffles call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I think the Bubba the Love Sponge episode might have actually been better than the Greaseman one. I was dying during the news interview answer.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Beginning of the Sunday show was rough and I don't think I can deal with Brett turning into the covid joker.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Every time I'm out driving around I keep an eye out for a Brian sighting like I'm looking for bigfoot.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Bryan's eating habit on the last episode were some of the most unhinged things I have ever heard and that is all I have to say.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I am going to try that junk ramen out that Bryan was talking about this weekend. I am also going to start watching Reacher. These both seem like poor decisions.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

secretly best girl posted:

I like how for ages I thought "Brett is the straight man of this pair" and then he drops "Yeah I'd just microdose cocaine one or two times a month to get all my poo poo done"

Yeah, the last year realization that Bryan is the stable bedrock holding the Street Fight empire up has been pretty wild.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Apparently Bryan hasn't raided my Meijer yet.

These things taste like bricks of uncooked cookie dough.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I know it is their livelihood, but getting right back onto the show a couple of days after you get out of being institutionalized from a mental break seems kind of iffy.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Johnny Landmine posted:

Yeah, I was really glad to see Brett tweeting this himself...

https://twitter.com/BrettPain/status/1561507491988611073

...because for all its positivity, the Friday episode is still a really hard listen. I hope Brett feels better and finds his peace and contentment but I dunno if this particular road is one I can follow Street Fight down

Yeah, I got about 10 minutes into the basement show before I got too uncomfortable and had to turn it off. I don't know how bad he was when he went in the institution, but he's clearly still neck deep in a manic episode. This feels like it has been a slow build ever since the pandemic, and it started feeling really off to me ever since the covid freakout he had a bit ago. I feel real bad for Brett and anyone who cares for him. Mental illness is a bitch.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

matureaudiencesonly posted:

yea i was flipping through his twitter and ngl still getting some hints of mania off it. spending sprees on mountains of garbage, convinced that every piece from a thrift store is a valuable treasure...kind of worried about him :/

I have a friend who's dad was manic-depressive and was always dead broke from doing stuff like this. He told me once he just walked into a garage sale once in a manic episode and bought the entire thing.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1585743777435901953

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I think Byran's brother did all the audio and technical stuff on Street Fight and Brett handled the finanaces and business stuff while Bryan was the content machine. I like the guy, but after following him for so long I have doubts on his ability of buckling down and figuring out all this stuff on his own without having a complete melt down. Even smaller podcasts usually have a producer of some sort to hammer this stuff out. Has he done any weekly Street Fight replacement type shows yet?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I was a little skeptical on Bryan's solo show, but that first episode was great and I always enjoy when Chris James is co-hosting.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around guy who devotes his entire persona to the most generic classic rock ever and hasn't heard a single Joy Division song in the last 35 years.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Brett going super aggro during covid and basically scaring all the callers away put it in that situation, which sucks because I used to like it a lot too for it's late night AM radio vibe that I could just put on at work.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I've followed a couple of random metal detecting channels on youtube over the years, and there is definitely the same drama there as any other community. It's great seeing a 60 year old guy make a youtube callout vid poo poo talking another 60 year old guy over some metal detector sponsorships or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I went to Bryan and Chris' last twitch stream and saw that Bryan added the ability for someone to pay 15 dollars to play the Greaseman Tunafish song at insanely loud volume and immediately got the gently caress out of there.