Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ShichiNoBushi posted:

You'll have to pick one of the name lists provided by the game. There is no way I know of to create custom name lists.

There is. It is, for example, in the Stellaris wiki.

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Empire_modding#Names_of_characters

quote:

names7 = {
weight = 15
first_names_male = {
Aarav Vivaan Aditya Arjun Reyansh Arnav Krishna Ishaan Shaurya Atharv Advik Pranav
Kayaan Darsh Veer Rahul Mahesh Shyam Raj Kumar Palash Rakesh Nishant Neeraj
}
first_names_female = {
Saanvi Aanya Aadhya Aaradhya Ananya Pari Anika Navya Diya Avani Myra Ira Aahana
Shanaya Kyra Siya Priyanka Divya Mahima Shivangi Juvina Anoushka Anushri Apoorva
}
second_names = {
Kumar Moorthi Shastri Prasad Acharya Swamy Pillai Gowda Nayak Desmukh Bhat
Kulkarni Dodamani Patil Gupta Sharma Namboodiri Pannikar Potti Kutty Varma
}
regnal_first_names_male = {
Kayaan Darsh Veer Rahul Mahesh Shaurya Atharv Advik Pranav
}
regnal_first_names_female = {
Saanvi Aanya Aadhya Aaradhya Ananya Priyanka Divya Mahima Shivangi
}
regnal_second_names = {
Kumar Moorthi Shastri Prasad Acharya Patil Gupta Sharma Namboodiri Pannikar Potti
}
}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ShichiNoBushi posted:

Wow. That actually sounds pretty cool, and I'd like to try adding in some of my own for some of my empires as well as any other custom details I can think of. But I'm having trouble even finding the files and folders to modify. I'm using a Mac, in case that matters (it often does).

Search for "prescripted_countries" and that should take you to the right general folder?

edit: also sorry if I came across as an rear end in the original post

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ShichiNoBushi posted:

That gets me zero results. Would it be in some other location than my Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folder or possibly a hidden one?

Don't know! Macs are weird!

Hidden's probably not a bad guess if an all-computer search isn't doing the trick though.

• Locked thread