Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That wasn't what I expected but alrighty, then.

Sounds like it's going to be a pretty bad movie though

quote:

The recent story about the firing of directors Phil Lord & Christopher Miller shocked the internet as fans started to move away from cautious optimism toward the Star Wars: Han Solo movie to outright panic. We reached out to a couple of sources to get a better idea about what’s happened, and the picture is a little clearer – while it’s certainly not prettier, there is a bit of good news tucked away in all of this.

[...]

For anyone who’s worried that the actor playing a young Han Solo isn’t taking his role seriously, rest easy – Ehrenreich one of the most important people involved with the project who voiced his concerns about the project at a crucial moment in the movie’s development, which means that he’s absolutely committed to bringing his A-game to this role. Ehrenreich’s performance has been described to us as being an interesting new take on Han that stands out on its own while still honoring the essentials of the character, and that it’s a worthy interpretation of the iconic scoundrel.

And this is why Ehrenreich had concerns with the production as filming progressed. He started to worry that Lord & Miller’s screwball comedy angle was starting to interfere with what the character of Han Solo is really about – even if this was a younger, more reckless take on the character than the one we met in that Cantina on Tatooine. One source described it as being oddly comparable to Jim Carrey’s performance in Ace Ventura at times. Ehrenreich let his concerns be known to one of the producers, who then told Kennedy about it, which led to her decision to look over the existing footage (which is also a normal part of the production process, but this is where things get interesting).

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/06/what-our-sources-are-saying-about-the-star-wars-han-solo-shakeup.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Han Ventura: Hutt Detective

Hey that doesn't sound half bad after all so gently caress Disney I guess

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bacon Terrorist posted:

:frogc00l:

They should do a full rework of the script with the old Extended Universe story when Han stole some mind control weapon so he could abduct Leia for super rapey fun time. Maybe mashed up with the one where he punched some giant weasel.
holy gently caress the extended universe is bad

Blazing Ownager posted:

I find it really sad that they have this huuuuuge universe to do anything they want in, three different eras and time periods for said universe and then just keep rehashing either characters or events we already loving know.

I mean it's a giant sci-fantasy sandbox in which they could drat near to Goddamn anything. If this movie was trying to be a road trip comedy maybe that's what they needed.
it's because star wars is shallow and for chumps

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
me? well every morning i open palm slam a VHS tape of babylon 5 and start doing moves like garibaldi when he's a tight spot in downbelow

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Trunko posted:

George Lucas is the only one who sees star wars for what it really is
A means of extracting money for toy purchases from the wallets of moms & dads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

The problem with "Young Han Solo Movie": no reason to make it.

Was there really anyone sitting around thinking "you know what would make a great new star war? An origin story for a character we already know and was killed by his son, Kylo Ren" ???
are there any good movies about the "young" etc. etc. etc.?

• Locked thread