Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

numberoneposter posted:

from my point of view the jedi are evil :smug:

The prequels would have been way more popular in 2017 if they'd gone farther to make the Jedi more overtly corrupted-at-best/evil-at-worst tools of the establishment and the Sith were really the heroes.

Do it Disney, remake the the prequels from the perspective of Palpatine where he's the hero of the whole story when you watch it from his perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Since a Young Han Solo film would be set roughly 50 years ago from the current film timeline, I expect to see everyone smoking deathsticks non-stop and every room being smoky and filling with mood lighting while people talk about sinister spice smuggling rackets.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Actually, the ending of the film was going to explain the comedic nature of the film:

Han Solo gets shot by a guy in an alley who steps out of the shadows and examines the features of the man he just shot.

"Close enough," while rifling through Solo's pockets for his credis and ID.

Solo weakly pulls his blaster out, fires, and misses. For this, he is shot again and again until he's a smoldering corpse. The man looks at the ID.

"'Han Solo', huh...? I guess I can live with that." The gunman walks through the shadows as a light flashes on his face revealing him to be a young, CG'd Harrison Ford

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think the biggest tell above all was how the on-the-ropes Imperials still had tons of money to make super massive polished organizations while the LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT pretty much had a rebel fleet because they couldn't get past the idea of rebels vs empire, even though the good guys WERE the empire this time

I could sort of see the idea that even when the Empire fell it's not like EVERYONE hated them and I'm sure there was a window of time and space where the galaxy was getting carved up by both sides, the still extremely well-furnished Empire being able to pull back and fortify themselves in an area where they could claim themselves as a sovereign and legit galactic power and telling everyone, "Hey, the EMPEROR was in charge of all that stuff you hated. We're better, though. Trust us. Besides, the Rebellion is so busy trying to get their old government up and running, who's protecting you from smugglers and gangsters? Who's keeping you safe from invasion from powers who are going to take this opportunity of chaos to attack you and steal your poo poo?"

• Locked thread