Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Jose posted:

Rogue one was really bad

I don't think it was awful.

I just think anyone who walked away from it saying poo poo like "it was definitely the best Star Wars movie and my favorite!" is wasting money on movies. Those people should buy themselves a laser pointer and some shiny paper on a string to swat at. You don't need cinema, the most recent thing to catch your attention is always the greatest thing you've ever seen, and I honestly envy the joy you get out of life.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

last star wars movie i saw was revenge of the sith

it was the highlight of the series and they should have left it at that

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

last star wars movie i saw was revenge of the sith

it was the highlight of the series and they should have left it at that

"I hope everyone dies"
-Chinatown

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Prorat posted:

"I hope everyone dies"
-Chinatown

he's a good poster with some good ideas

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

from my point of view the jedi are evil :smug:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Only a sith deals in absolutes

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

numberoneposter posted:

from my point of view the jedi are evil :smug:

The prequels would have been way more popular in 2017 if they'd gone farther to make the Jedi more overtly corrupted-at-best/evil-at-worst tools of the establishment and the Sith were really the heroes.

Do it Disney, remake the the prequels from the perspective of Palpatine where he's the hero of the whole story when you watch it from his perspective.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i know of the new movies but i have no interest in them, i dont hate them either though

id rather spend my $$$ watching senile ridley scott destroy his alien franchise because at least its weird, violent, ham fisted philosophical sci-fi that we need, just ignore all insane plot holes and remember that you paid your money to see michael fassbender gently caress up everyones day

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Since a Young Han Solo film would be set roughly 50 years ago from the current film timeline, I expect to see everyone smoking deathsticks non-stop and every room being smoky and filling with mood lighting while people talk about sinister spice smuggling rackets.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Han Solo bangs Courteney Cox in the middle of the Mos Eisley cantina and all the aliens and creatures bob their heads in sync with the rhythm.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ProperCoochie posted:

Han Solo bangs Courteney Cox in the middle of the Mos Eisley cantina and all the aliens and creatures bob their heads in sync with the rhythm.

Like a glove.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

*makes the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.*

Han Solo: SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMOKIN'!

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Space Ventura: Fett Detective

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
What if Han Solo is a womyn?

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Ron Howard will fix everything.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

numberoneposter posted:

*makes the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.*

Han Solo: SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMOKIN'!

:frogc00l:

They should do a full rework of the script with the old Extended Universe story when Han stole some mind control weapon so he could abduct Leia for super rapey fun time. Maybe mashed up with the one where he punched some giant weasel.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Pawn 17 posted:

Your blaster is digging into my hip.

Well I have kissed a Wookie.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

space cuban pete is the space king of the space rumba beat

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I find it really sad that they have this huuuuuge universe to do anything they want in, three different eras and time periods for said universe and then just keep rehashing either characters or events we already loving know.

I mean it's a giant sci-fantasy sandbox in which they could drat near to Goddamn anything. If this movie was trying to be a road trip comedy maybe that's what they needed.

Rasta_Al posted:

I hope they ruin it so bad that nerds poo poo themselves. gently caress this cash grab garbage. Lol

Actually they should have just declared it a remake of Pet Detective AND the Han Solo movie. What if Han found pets, in spaccccceeeee?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 24, 2017

Gungan Sex Toys
Jun 21, 2017
can they please just play the christmas special one more time? please?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blazing Ownager posted:

Actually they should have just declared it a remake of Pet Detective AND the Han Solo movie. What if Han found wookies, in spaccccceeeee?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bacon Terrorist posted:

:frogc00l:

They should do a full rework of the script with the old Extended Universe story when Han stole some mind control weapon so he could abduct Leia for super rapey fun time. Maybe mashed up with the one where he punched some giant weasel.
holy gently caress the extended universe is bad

Blazing Ownager posted:

I find it really sad that they have this huuuuuge universe to do anything they want in, three different eras and time periods for said universe and then just keep rehashing either characters or events we already loving know.

I mean it's a giant sci-fantasy sandbox in which they could drat near to Goddamn anything. If this movie was trying to be a road trip comedy maybe that's what they needed.
it's because star wars is shallow and for chumps

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
me? well every morning i open palm slam a VHS tape of babylon 5 and start doing moves like garibaldi when he's a tight spot in downbelow

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
"Ok Han, here's the 5,000 credits we agreed on."
"Denk you veddy much."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I thought I was done with Star Wars after the shitshows of Episode VII and Rogue One, but I'd be up for Han Ventura: Hutt Detective. So who is going to be the male criminal cross-dressing to avoid getting caught?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
spaces out

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ace ventura movies are the peak of jim carrey's career they're amazing and i look on them with reverence.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*shoots an Imperial officer*

LAA-HOOOO-ZAAAH-HEEERRRRRR

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

i hope we get the Wookie-on-Han straight shota that was promised in The Paradise Snare: The Han Solo Trilogy #1

Risky
May 18, 2003

Toilet Shoes posted:

Now imagine Han coming out of, or into, Jabba's butt.

can't wait for the scene where baby Han and meets baby Jabba in space-day care.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Looking at their body of work and that it is quality I actually am sad Star Wars was taken so seriously as to deprive us of a screwball Han Solo comedy because that's what he was, a not very good smuggler who was second fiddle to Leia cause she was a competent leader. Every other Star Wars is some serious epic why isn't there room for levity?

I got my ultra bleak and dark Rogue One and my regular old Star Wars so a break with bumbling Han Solo sounds awesome.

P.S. I also support a talking Tiger for Wonder Woman.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 24, 2017

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Prorat posted:

"Forget it Ace, it's Amos Eisley"
-Jake Lloyd

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
shikaka

e; fb

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Rogue One well enough. It looked and felt like it fit in the classic Star Wars universe and that's honestly all I needed for a couple hours entertainment. I wish the characters had been more fleshed out, but it serves to lend some more weight to the plight of the Rebellion, and it was pretty cool to have a new story set with classic storm troopers and the like. I think people like RLM think the film is more cynical than it is, and while it may not be a mindblowing film, it's got a lot of cool scenes and I liked the sarcastic robot.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Ace Ventura Pet Detective owns and if you think thats a bad movie you are human scum.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Unironically they should have replaced Ehrenreich with Jim Carrey instead.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Instead he's been replaced with Tom Hanks.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Rogue One was cool. Chewie was always the competent member of the crew.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
everything about this sounds great and now richy fucken cunningham is gonna ruin the heck out of it )^:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The worse the better, burn it all down

• Locked thread