Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Dom at The Athletic is doing team previews based on Game Score, he did Detroit today and this is probably the most relevant image for Wings fans:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

I am trying to figure out who the 6 are.

Has Kronwall deteriorated that badly?

He's on there, yeah, and the list is pretty easily guessable after that. One thing Dom notes is that Game Score can be hard on guys that don't shoot the puck ever, but also just about everybody on that team is playing over their heads possession-wise so there's really nothing to recommend the defensive types.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Definitely the Habs/Caps series. They were the best team in hockey, got insanely unlucky against Halak and just lost their goddamn minds over it.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Gio posted:

i dont think that really qualifies since the caps have remained very competitive since then.

I mean, if the criteria is which legit contender completely collapsed because of one playoff series the answer is none of them. The Caps are notable in that they were historically good, then deliberately changed their style and makeup to be more playoff-oriented (which was dumb), hired a couple of idiot coaches to fight with their star, and wouldn't go back to winning the President's Trophy for 6 years.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Chances of Nylander commanding much more than $7M just went down, good job Sweeney.

• Locked thread