Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i didn't find the fake glass ads that distracting but again, just because you eventually get used to something doesn't mean it isn't bad in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
currently, the wikipedia article on Ken Holland is: Very Good

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ElwoodCuse posted:

Eat it, weird new jerseys

yeah gently caress i couldn't help it

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
bure on the canucks has always been like the archetype to me of the noble adversary that has earned your infinite respect after arduous battle. or something. also the 94 canucks jerseys are so good and i've always wanted one

a false fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 21, 2017

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

boy i'd be real happy if the rangers got that same deal with zibanejad

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

is that tkachyov. why havent you signed him yet jeff

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Kilza posted:

To be fair, that includes Franzen, so once he goes on LTIR that'll free up $4 mil in cap space, giving them $1 mil of cap space for a bottom 5 team in the league. And they still have to sign Athanasiou.

it's really stupid that no one has offer sheeted athanasiou

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ThinkTank posted:

Maybe because of the collusion between NHL teams to not send them out? If Draisaitl hasn't got an offer sheet, no one will.

With that said, I had a thought earlier in the week that it would be fun if offer sheets remained anonymous up to the point where the player switched teams. I.E Team A could send an offer sheet for a player on Team B without Team B (or anyone aside from Team A, the player in question and the league) knowing who it was from. Team B could match the offer, and Team A would never be revealed as the one who did it. If Team B walked away, the player would join Team A. It would encourage more underhanded tactics from teams and add a bit of intrigue to the duller summer months. Sadly we all know the league doesn't actually want them sent out because they drive player salaries up.

the thing about draisaitl is that even a successful offer sheet on him will return a ton of picks. athanasiou's contract is probably like a third of what draisaitl's will be, there's absolutely no risk involved

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Spooner got a 1 year deal for 2.825 which is less than I thought he would. Boston should probably stop jerking him around and figure out what to do, though.

Also, sign Pasta already Sweeney. What the gently caress.

trade him for nick holden.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

as much as I want him gone, the buyout term is loving horrendous

it's not great but it could be worse. would hurt next year for sure but would help right now

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

I mean it helps in terms of "not having Marc Staal on the ice", not that they really have a huge need for cap space unless they're going to swing a deal for someone with a notable cap hit. Buying him out this year versus next year wouldn't really make a huge difference though I think.

i mean the cap hit from buying him out now would hurt next year when we have a lot of people to re-sign

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
bring back mozyakin

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

i mean i understand that you lowball players going into arbitration but he's easily worth over 3. probably over 4.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

kill me now posted:

So the spread of ask and offer is bascially $2 million and $5 million and you are all surprised because his real value is square in the middle of those two numbers at $3-4 million. That sounds about right for an opening offer in a negation if they want to meet in the middle at a realistic number.

iirc it's a bigger spread by percentage of the total AAV than any other one that's been revealed this offseason so yes, it's surprising.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
that fuckin sucks :/

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Hockey goons, my band is about to embark on a 10-week tour of US/Canada. We tour extensively quite often, we're a duo of brothers. I play drums, he plays guitar/loops, we work with the engineer of The Melvins. Mix of heavy rock and a sort of cinematic post-rock I suppose. Come say hi, mainly because I've never met any of you in real life and have been posting here for a long while.

http://www.jerkagram.com/tour

We're going almost everywhere, and if you live in a major non-Alberta Canadian city, we will be playing it.

*end shameless promotion*

drat dogg i'll see you at PRF louisville. had no idea that was your band.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Woah. You live in Louisville? See ya there.

i live in new york, but i've been to the chicago PRF bbq the last 2 years and i'm going to this one with a bunch of phiz fellas. will try to catch the trans pecos show too when i get back

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i may see you in NY if i remember. I'll heckle you for old times sake

dude it's on 9/11..... you're not supposed to forget

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Also, it would be great if the Bruins could just give Pastrnak whatever he wants already. Get it done. Come on.

what if what he wants is to play for the new york rangers

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

hifi posted:

https://twitter.com/JMarshyBosco93/status/900061030901981184

i think the flames are going to be one of my secondary teams this year

why do we believe this guy

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
who gives a poo poo about the list

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

bewbies posted:

he doesn't make that many defensive mistakes as such, he just isn't that interested in defense in general. as long as he plays with someone who can do the heavy lifting for him it'll be fine.

also eric lindros, secret nazi?

he used to play next to theo fleury, who wore #14, so,

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
matt martin............................. is good

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
it seems as though all of the teams are bad at everything

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Ginette Reno posted:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are good at everything, they won the Stanley Cup twice

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Ginette Reno posted:

Tom Sestito couldn't stop this Cup train, Reaves won't be able to either

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

yellowcar posted:

uh gently caress what the hell happened

lingering effects https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gj7zcrJllE

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Furnaceface posted:

I dont know what these are but now I need the Crawford, Burns and Simmonds ones.

here's what they are: bad

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Aurora posted:

Funkos are bad

Correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false