Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

AsInHowe posted:

For those who were wondering when the new gear for the season is coming, a Detroit retailer just got all their Adidas NHL stuff.

So, if you're looking for the jersey t-shirts, start looking.

I got all of mine.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Offside Challenge Pandora's Box probably never would have been opened if the linesman would have called Briere offside vs Pens in 2012.

drat, that was terrible.

In case you forgot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjKdpanE4aI

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Levitate posted:

lol at Orpik

I thought the same thing.

:lol: Washington giving him that contract.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

I really get peeved at the plays that were "offside" 45 seconds prior, then a team scores and gets it called back.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

All of the Adidas jerseys look like Chinese knockoffs.

They are bad.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

I had a guy argue with me that Toronto is going to get a second team. "It would be just like the Mets and Yankees," he said.

So, there's always that option.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

JoelJoel posted:

Lol, yeah, as long as MLSE plays nice. Along with, IIRC, like all the other teams withing a few hundred km.

I tried explaining this point, that MLSE fights any other team coming close to their turf and again, he said, "They don't care about that. It doesn't bother them."

I just gave up at that point.
:negative:

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Albino Squirrel posted:

The Flames and Blues employ 'honoured numbers' so they won't run out. Seems a better very long-term plan.

Kinda (for the Blues).

They have about 6 numbers retired, but then did the honor thing for #7.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Penguins have only retired Lemieux and Briere, who was killed in a car accident after his rookie season of 1971.

However, I didn't realize until just a bit ago that Lemieux's was the first number retired after he retired the first time, not the guy who died in 1971.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

yellowcar posted:

They might have to retire Jagr's this season.

Someone please sign Jagr.

Play Jagr at 3rd line center, Jim.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

ElwoodCuse posted:

Been looking around jersey sites and twitter to see pictures of what people bought today. From what I can tell:

Fanatics jerseys = the trash they used to sell at Target and Walmart except they copy real designs now
Adidas authentics = Reebok premiers with a fight strap for $50 more

I wonder if places like Icejerseys and River City will ever get on-ice, Canadian-made authentics.

This is what I feared... But knew deep down was going to be the case all along :(

Some places will end up with Canadian made on ice jerseys. Some Adidas reps are good and let you order them. Some are clueless and can't or won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

To the surprise of no one Pouliot has looked like hot garbage in 2 days of camp.

• Locked thread