Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

only time it ever happened to me i wasn't seeing the girl for very long in the first place and i found it much easier to get over her than other women simply due to anger. i just told her to gently caress off and stopped talking to her. crazy bitch called me like every weekend for like a year afterward but i never answered and she even showed up to my door once uninvited.

i imagine if we had been in a long term relationship to begin with it would have been different but it was pretty easy to deal with.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
When I came home from deployment I pretty knew it was all over. There was a Harley in the driveway. I walked in, there's weird looking dude sitting on the couch with a red, white and blue bandana on his head watching my television. I just said "hey". He said "hey" back. I said "Lynn's at work?" he was like "yep" and I walked in the bathroom, saw a used condom in the trash. My dog was outside and we had a really nice reunion. My truck hadn't been started in a few months the battery was dead. Went next door, got a jump from my old neighbor and took my dog. Kept driving all night and stopped in La Porte, Indiana at some mostly shut down hotel. Felt like "The Shining" in there. It was snowing real hard. There was a lake next door.

I can clearly recall those details but I couldn't tell you about the previous 2 years because they don't stand out. I'd never felt emancipated in my life. I booked two nights at the hotel and did nothing but sleep and eat takeout. She called and I let the phone ring. I never spoke a word to her since. When the divorce papers found me, I was 3 time zones away. There was nothing she could take from me that I hadn't already given up on. There was no alimony in my state. The bank account we shared had been pillaged. Most of the poo poo I cared about was in a storage locker in my name that she had no access to.

That's what being cheated on feels like if you're really happy it happened. And for the first time in my adult life, I was free. I still am, and I stopped caring about women completely a while back. After the last woman I dated, I'm pretty much done now. I got a robotic blowjob machine that doesn't throw food at my house or leave dead things on my lawn.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Harakiri Potter posted:

When I came home from deployment I pretty knew it was all over. There was a Harley in the driveway. I walked in, there's weird looking dude sitting on the couch with a red, white and blue bandana on his head watching my television. I just said "hey". He said "hey" back. I said "Lynn's at work?" he was like "yep" and I walked in the bathroom, saw a used condom in the trash. My dog was outside and we had a really nice reunion. My truck hadn't been started in a few months the battery was dead. Went next door, got a jump from my old neighbor and took my dog. Kept driving all night and stopped in La Porte, Indiana at some mostly shut down hotel. Felt like "The Shining" in there. It was snowing real hard. There was a lake next door.

I can clearly recall those details but I couldn't tell you about the previous 2 years because they don't stand out. I'd never felt emancipated in my life. I booked two nights at the hotel and did nothing but sleep and eat takeout. She called and I let the phone ring. I never spoke a word to her since. When the divorce papers found me, I was 3 time zones away. There was nothing she could take from me that I hadn't already given up on. There was no alimony in my state. The bank account we shared had been pillaged. Most of the poo poo I cared about was in a storage locker in my name that she had no access to.

That's what being cheated on feels like if you're really happy it happened. And for the first time in my adult life, I was free. I still am, and I stopped caring about women completely a while back. After the last woman I dated, I'm pretty much done now. I got a robotic blowjob machine that doesn't throw food at my house or leave dead things on my lawn.

That one guy said you can trust women implicitly though and they never cheat. Maybe you're an incel?

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Who hurt you, Yug?

And you can say my mother's vagina did, if you're not ready to be vulnerable again.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Caufman posted:

Who hurt you, Yug?

And you can say my mother's vagina did, if you're not ready to be vulnerable again.

I never had a huge traumatic experience like that guy. My life's pretty great right now actually.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Even small traumas build up to personality disorders when they're left to fester.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

*pulls out tape recorder*

NOTE TO SELF: become zookeeper

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Yug posted:

That one guy said you can trust women implicitly though and they never cheat.

I'm pretty sure he was saying don't date amoral assholes tbh.

I hear you've dated someone , so clearly this isn't universally understood advice!

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
stop replying to Yug you gigantic idiots

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SuperiorColliculus posted:

I'm pretty sure he was saying don't date amoral assholes tbh.

I hear you've dated someone , so clearly this isn't universally understood advice!

Plenty of good girls turn bad when they've got a big hunk of man in front of them and they know their boyfriend will never find out.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I've both been cheated on and cheated.
It's lovely all around, and people are right to hate it but it's just another part of the collective mosh pit we call dating and love.
I think it hurts less when both of you have been together for awhile and are starting to drift to the point you kind of hate each other so you both all-but-openly cheat on each other, yet aren't mature enough to just break it off than it does when you're head over heels for the person, but then you found out they were just using you and every one else they were cheating on you with.
Getting black out drunk with a friend and winding up sleeping with each other when their partner is away for the weekend is also a special kind of lovely. Mostly because you feel guilty and even if you've both sworn to secrecy as if it never happened- you've made it awkward any time you and that friend are at events with mutual friends.

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

when i realized my ex fiance was cheating on my me with my ex best friend it totally and legitimately broke my brain for a while. the worst part of being cheated on is all of it lol.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

violentlycitrus posted:

when i realized my ex fiance was cheating on my me with my ex best friend it totally and legitimately broke my brain for a while. the worst part of being cheated on is all of it lol.

Didn't you fully respect and trust her? How could this happen?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Streak posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

Not any worse than your current existence.

how come your avatar has an 8 pack. I don't think the guy who drew that knows anything about anatomy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Streak posted:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Was it something I said?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Streak posted:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Are the gooncels upset to find out women cheat and like to have sex with men? I didn't realize they were that naive.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
At the time it's usually not too terrible, mostly because the knowledge that your SO is a soulless monster tends to have a numbing effect. A couple weeks after the reconciliation is far more painful, however, because by then my genitals are on fire and leaking strange substances. That's what my wife says anyhow

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How do you manage to get cheated on in 2017 where open marriages are a thing and everybody basically has an emergency dick under glass

old fat bird fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 25, 2017

Caufman
May 7, 2007
That's completely true, but most of these stories took place before 2017.

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Sure, it's a lot easier for the giraffe to drink from the highest available water source, but it's still cheating.

This is what the cheater's mindset does to your behavior: you think you're getting it good when you're cheating but in reality you're just sipping on someone else's piss.

Oh, I see now that the giraffe is drinking another giraffe's urine and not their own. Color me a little disappointed.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Fiancee cheated. Went through the usual homicidal/suicidal feelings, went to therapy, joined a gym, felt better after a while, swore off trusting other people. Most of my dating relationships are very casual and fun-oriented now, I couldn't imagine wanting to live with or marry any of them. I really like women and enjoy spending time with them, but as far as relationships go I really don't want to be more than friendly-friends with them and try to be very upfront about that.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i don't agree with the idea that the paramour of the cheater is always some sort of scumbag -- a lot of that is just the jealousy of the spurned ex. a lot of the time it's not like the paramour initiated things or was deliberately trying to get involved in some sort of infidelity, although, if you are getting with someone that's cheating you only have yourself to blame when poo poo pops off. if marriage is involved there are even some states that have alienation of affection laws and you can be sued for getting with the married person.

it's also like trying to date someone who is going through a divorce, can't be shocked when that doesn't go well.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Op please respond to my PMs they are inportant

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Any relationship is just the starting line in a race to see who cheats first. The trick is to always be the winner.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
like i shouldnt play poker with em

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

Are the gooncels upset to find out women cheat and like to have sex with men? I didn't realize they were that naive.

I would gently caress you, would you gently caress me?
:wink:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

OMFG FURRY posted:

uhhh shes the cheater, not you. if she wasn't cheating, you wouldn't have to tell the husband anything soooo...???

I don't HAVE to tell the husband anything, why would I pop into my ex's life just to open a can of worms and possibly gently caress up the kid?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Yug posted:

Plenty of good girls turn bad when they've got a big hunk of man in front of them and they know their boyfriend will never find out.

keep going I'm so close

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
When I was 15 my :airquote: high school sweetheart :airquote: of 5 months had given me her AOL password when we first started dating for some reason. I had always met her at her job when her shift ended (she worked at a bakery) and one night she called my house to tell me not to come because her cousin was in town and was going to meet her there. I hung out with her the next day and she never mentioned the cousin which I thought was weird.

When I got home, suspicious, I decided to log onto her AOL account and in her sent folder was a long email she sent to her coworker about how she liked kissing him that night (the night before) and she didn't know if it was going to work out but she's willing to try or something. I don't remember the exact words because this is a long time ago.

Anyway what I ended up doing was calling her beeper and leaving a voice message (this was the late 90s; beepers had voicemail at that time) and all I did was read the email out loud. I didn't do it angrily or anything. I just read it like I was reading a newspaper. In hindsight it was a pretty funny way to break up with her but at the time I wanted her to have that horrible pit in her stomach when she listened to it kind of like how it felt reading that email.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

When I was 15 my :airquote: high school sweetheart :airquote: of 5 months had given me her AOL password when we first started dating for some reason. I had always met her at her job when her shift ended (she worked at a bakery) and one night she called my house to tell me not to come because her cousin was in town and was going to meet her there. I hung out with her the next day and she never mentioned the cousin which I thought was weird.

When I got home, suspicious, I decided to log onto her AOL account and in her sent folder was a long email she sent to her coworker about how she liked kissing him that night (the night before) and she didn't know if it was going to work out but she's willing to try or something. I don't remember the exact words because this is a long time ago.

Anyway what I ended up doing was calling her beeper and leaving a voice message (this was the late 90s; beepers had voicemail at that time) and all I did was read the email out loud. I didn't do it angrily or anything. I just read it like I was reading a newspaper. In hindsight it was a pretty funny way to break up with her but at the time I wanted her to have that horrible pit in her stomach when she listened to it kind of like how it felt reading that email.

how the hell did you leave a voicemail on her beeper?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I've never been cheated on because I've never been in a relationship

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how the hell did you leave a voicemail on her beeper?

Again this is a long time ago but I think SmartBeep had a thing where you had an option when calling the beeper number to leave a message. So when she called her own number and entered in a code it would give you voicemails.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Again this is a long time ago but I think SmartBeep had a thing where you had an option when calling the beeper number to leave a message. So when she called her own number and entered in a code it would give you voicemails.

right. that was a thing. carry on

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

a bone to pick posted:

I don't HAVE to tell the husband anything, why would I pop into my ex's life just to open a can of worms and possibly gently caress up the kid?

i'unno, which would do more damage:

finding out your mother is a cheater, putting you and any of your siblings origins into question, after years of marriage and it dissolving after years of duplicitous behavior.

or

having someone talk about it in your younger years and becoming more cognizant of how lovely people you love/trust can be

theres really no winning side to pick, but saying that you, not her, would be doing harm is a little...strange.
at the same time, why the gently caress are you even involved with your ex in the first place? you are worried about the welfare of her child, but at the same time, don't want the responsibility of causing 'harm' by revealing a terrible truth. the third option is to cut ties with her completely, but you don't seem willing for that either so, which is the lesser evil?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I got cheated on and didn't care for it, so now I only date women that already have partners. I figure if they are already cheating they on their husband they won't have the energy or time to cheat on me. :eng101:

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
you should ask my ex-husband ahahahahaa #nastywoman #noregrets #imgay #imnotgay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

I got cheated on and didn't care for it, so now I only date women that already have partners. I figure if they are already cheating they on their husband they won't have the energy or time to cheat on me. :eng101:

this is loving genius!

• Locked thread