Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

FactsAreUseless posted:

Goon projects always end poorly.

You're right. We'd be kicked off the bus on the way to the clinic due to a series of slapfights and no less than three goons exposing themselves to passing traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

He was married to me, she was married to someone else. He would gently caress anything, anyone, not just her. I wonder if she knows that. I wouldn't want to ruin her feeling special though! Turns out they got married and have a kid now.

At the time, I felt absolutely sick to my stomach, in a complete panic, completely betrayed.

I guess they were "meant to be", right? They sure as hell deserve each other. She's a lazy-eyed, fat pig of a woman who sleeps with married men and I am... well, I am none of those things.

I am pretty sure that I am the lucky one in this situation.

He used to say " people who fight shouldn't have sex ". I am pretty sure that people who are married shouldn't be having sex with other people either. He had interesting morals.

The answer is that it felt loving awful. AWFUL.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
She and I were both cheating on each other as it turns out. We were both at bad places and it manifested itself that way in the marriage. Rather than have adult discussions , I at least, pursued escapism rather than confrontation. It's all over now and we're both happier apart.

Also never getting married again. That's a lesson I learned and what works best for me and how I apparently default to treating people.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Hard no. posted:

He was married to me, she was married to someone else. He would gently caress anything, anyone, not just her. I wonder if she knows that. I wouldn't want to ruin her feeling special though! Turns out they got married and have a kid now.

At the time, I felt absolutely sick to my stomach, in a complete panic, completely betrayed.

I guess they were "meant to be", right? They sure as hell deserve each other. She's a lazy-eyed, fat pig of a woman who sleeps with married men and I am... well, I am none of those things.

I am pretty sure that I am the lucky one in this situation.

He used to say " people who fight shouldn't have sex ". I am pretty sure that people who are married shouldn't be having sex with other people either. He had interesting morals.

The answer is that it felt loving awful. AWFUL.

This really drives home the reality of how much better Blade Runner is without the narration.

*I'm sorry about that. It's just for some reason when I read this post, I heard it in Deckards voice.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Frankenstyle posted:

This really drives home the reality of how much better Blade Runner is without the narration.

*I'm sorry about that. It's just for some reason when I read this post, I heard it in Deckards voice.

what

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I think that's goonese for "I'm sorry for your bad experience"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

I think that's goonese for "I'm sorry for your bad experience"

I'm just getting a mental image of this dude in a Naruto shirt reciting Batty's speech to impress the girl at the Starbucks counter

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Yug posted:

ok see you around

Stop responding to every other post in the thread you brokebrained retard.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

Stop responding to every other post in the thread you brokebrained retard.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
No. It's the meter of the post suggested by the format. It begs to be read in old timey detective movie hard boiled narrative style is all.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I know a couple of guys cheated with me, one was a guy I was friendly with, still am and his boyfriend cheated on him so his plan was to get back at him by cheating with me. It was good. My view is if they are going to cheat with me they are going to cheat with someone else and if they are cheating anyways I might as well get laid. Plus their relationship is really none of my business.

I've never been cheated on (My last and only other serious relationship was open) but I think I could handle it. My one rule is if you cheat on me you have to tell me and we have to start using condoms again until we both get tested. Cheating I can forgive, if you knowingly put my health at risk that is unforgivable.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 27, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

I've never been cheated on (My last and only other serious relationship was open) but I think I could handle it. My one rule is if you cheat on me you have to tell me and we have to start using condoms again until we both get tested. Cheating I can forgive, if you knowingly put my health at risk that is unforgivable.

i think this is the wrong attitude to have. cheating happens all the time, and it has throughout history so there is no avoiding it. but openly acknowledging it is how we go down the path of cucking and open relationship drama and polyamory and whatever. maybe that works for some people (if everyone knows about it from the start) but this stuff is starting to creep into normal relationships and its loving society up pretty bad.

if you cheat you should just keep it to yourself, there is no reason to burden your partner with the knowledge or harm their reputation by letting it get out.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Getting cheated on is pretty lovely and confusing at first, but after you realize that there's literally nothing tying you to suffering someone else's emotional baggage/abuse, you can just tell them to gently caress off, leave, and will feel way better about it.

Life experience.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Rutibex posted:

i think this is the wrong attitude to have. cheating happens all the time, and it has throughout history so there is no avoiding it. but openly acknowledging it is how we go down the path of cucking and open relationship drama and polyamory and whatever. maybe that works for some people (if everyone knows about it from the start) but this stuff is starting to creep into normal relationships and its loving society up pretty bad.

if you cheat you should just keep it to yourself, there is no reason to burden your partner with the knowledge or harm their reputation by letting it get out.

Not when you are having unprotected sex. If you haven't been using condoms and all of a sudden you start don't you think your partner has a right to ask some serious questions on why? And if you continue not to use condoms you are putting your partner's health at risk because they are probably only doing that under the belief that you aren't having sex with other people and you know each other's STI status.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I haven't been cheated on because I keep my prisoner on a tight leash :downs:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Loky11 posted:

She and I were both cheating on each other as it turns out. We were both at bad places and it manifested itself that way in the marriage. Rather than have adult discussions , I at least, pursued escapism rather than confrontation. It's all over now and we're both happier apart.

What drove you to escapism rather than to conflict resolution?

Vespertillian
Oct 9, 2012
The first couple of times it felt like someone pulled my heart out of my chest and ran over it with a bulldozer and then I had to go get tested for STDs/STIs. On the bright side, it actually helped me overcome my fear of needles.

After the first three times or so, I got really calloused and I started going into relationships placing internal bets on when they were gonna cheat and after they cheated I just broke up with them for dumb unrelated reasons if possible instead of having the exhausting "I know" conversation.

However, everyone I've ever dated has cheated on me which leads me to contemplate two possibilities: my emotional distance that is fueled by many things including the assumption I'll get cheated on is a self-fulfilling prophecy type deal or that I'm terrible in bed. 
Gotta be one of the two or a combination of both.
On the other hand, everyone I've ever slept with has either cheated on me or cheated on someone else with me (with me finding out after that they were dating someone else and not knowing beforehand) or both, so maybe I'm just an infidelity magnet.

It actually bothered me more when I found out people were cheating on other people with me than when I found out people were cheating on me, so now I just never have sex, it's great.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Pick posted:

What drove you to escapism rather than to conflict resolution?

Some kind of natural disinclination to exert the effort at salvaging a relationship when I really couldn't stand her. Sometimes relationships are there just out of pure momentum. So rather than confront it and kill it, I took the easy way out.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm just getting a mental image of this dude in a Naruto shirt reciting Batty's speech to impress the girl at the Starbucks counter

What does Naruto have to do with Bladerunner you retard youre getting your stereotypes mixed up

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

When people in a relationship have the opportunity to cheat, they are either the kind of person who says yes, or the kind who says no. It's personality, integrity, moral code or whatever. If you cheat, that says something about you as a person. If you're not happy and you want some strange, that's fine, just end your relationship first. If you are a super horny at all times and have to gently caress someone new every week, then why are you in a monogamous relationship in the first place? There are plenty of other lifestyles out there.

I dunno that I buy the moral purity argument. People make mistakes and they either learn and grow from them or they don't.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

frogge posted:

I dunno that I buy the moral purity argument. People make mistakes and they either learn and grow from them or they don't.

Eh I think it's like the sort of thing where you're either the kind of person who tells cashiers when they accidentally gave you too much change or you aren't. Everyone gets chances to do unethical things in their life but everyone has their own lines they will or won't cross.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Pick posted:

You go to therapy.

Why I never!!

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Eh I think it's like the sort of thing where you're either the kind of person who tells cashiers when they accidentally gave you too much change or you aren't. Everyone gets chances to do unethical things in their life but everyone has their own lines they will or won't cross.

Better get the ol' A brand ready!

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Three Olives posted:

I know a couple of guys cheated with me, one was a guy I was friendly with, still am and his boyfriend cheated on him so his plan was to get back at him by cheating with me. It was good. My view is if they are going to cheat with me they are going to cheat with someone else and if they are cheating anyways I might as well get laid. Plus their relationship is really none of my business.

I had a situation sorta like that. I haven't been cheated on in any real sense (we weren't together, were gonna be together, then he decided to be with someone else so it ended up being a wash), but I have been used to cheat before, and it didn't feel all that great.

I'm sorry, other guy. I didn't mean to mess with your relationships. I hope you got out and found someone better. :smith:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

frogge posted:

Better get the ol' A brand ready!

I mean everything is circumstancial, you cheated in highschool and had several relationships since then sure I can accept you've probably changed. You cheated in your last relationship in your late 20's because simply breaking up was too hard and you took the lovely way out then yeah I'm gonna assume you're gonna do the same thing in your next relationship if it goes south.

Fwiw the only people I know who've cheated in their relationships have made a habit of doing it and I believe the stats on that pan out. I can't find the study itself, just a bunch of clickbait articles on it, but if you google about Kayla Knopp it found that people who cheated as young adults were 3.5 more likely to cheat in future relationships.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

Harakiri Potter posted:

When I came home from deployment I pretty knew it was all over. There was a Harley in the driveway. I walked in, there's weird looking dude sitting on the couch with a red, white and blue bandana on his head watching my television. I just said "hey". He said "hey" back. I said "Lynn's at work?" he was like "yep" and I walked in the bathroom, saw a used condom in the trash. My dog was outside and we had a really nice reunion. My truck hadn't been started in a few months the battery was dead. Went next door, got a jump from my old neighbor and took my dog. Kept driving all night and stopped in La Porte, Indiana at some mostly shut down hotel. Felt like "The Shining" in there. It was snowing real hard. There was a lake next door.

I can clearly recall those details but I couldn't tell you about the previous 2 years because they don't stand out. I'd never felt emancipated in my life. I booked two nights at the hotel and did nothing but sleep and eat takeout. She called and I let the phone ring. I never spoke a word to her since. When the divorce papers found me, I was 3 time zones away. There was nothing she could take from me that I hadn't already given up on. There was no alimony in my state. The bank account we shared had been pillaged. Most of the poo poo I cared about was in a storage locker in my name that she had no access to.

That's what being cheated on feels like if you're really happy it happened. And for the first time in my adult life, I was free. I still am, and I stopped caring about women completely a while back. After the last woman I dated, I'm pretty much done now. I got a robotic blowjob machine that doesn't throw food at my house or leave dead things on my lawn.

This is a crazy story holy crap-a-doo.

Also, I got cheated on. I was pretty broken up about it and I'll check the girl's twitter from time to time. She just tweeted about how her ex was a cheat which gave me a good chuckle

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 27, 2017

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

SuperSlacker posted:

I know that guy in my last game was an aimbotting pos and it makes me angry
quit being a pussy and use a better loadout. the dotsight is 100% accurate so using it a high-stun low-recoil pistol that kills on headshot would be a no-brainer if you werent a complete noob. all my kills were legit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
1 time i got headshot in the respawn of dust. wtf?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean everything is circumstancial, you cheated in highschool and had several relationships since then sure I can accept you've probably changed. You cheated in your last relationship in your late 20's because simply breaking up was too hard and you took the lovely way out then yeah I'm gonna assume you're gonna do the same thing in your next relationship if it goes south.

Fwiw the only people I know who've cheated in their relationships have made a habit of doing it and I believe the stats on that pan out. I can't find the study itself, just a bunch of clickbait articles on it, but if you google about Kayla Knopp it found that people who cheated as young adults were 3.5 more likely to cheat in future relationships.

Whatever happens between consenting adults is their business, and it's obviously a dick move when there's an expectation of monogamy between people and then one or both people go outside of it. Being cheated on is just a lovely part of life that can happen to anyone and to deal with that uncertainty we demonize those that have ever broken the social contract and cheated, then sympathize with the folks who were cheated on and make the whole thing taboo because it hurts people's feelings, so folks rarely talk openly or candidly about it.

This isn't really a hill I care to die on, I just don't have a parochial, black and white view on it. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had cheated, and I haven't cheated on anyone in over a decade because as I matured, I realized it's best to just break it off than to cheat. Winding up on the cheating side is lovely, but on an entirely different level than being cheated on. There's the fear of getting caught and any consequences you might receive, there's guilt over what you've done to the other person, and disgust and self-loathing if you're the least bit civilized.
Being cheated on sucks and the betrayal makes you question your ability to trust anyone again. It messed me up emotionally for about a year the last time I was cheated on, even though I had ever cheated before. People and emotions aren't logical like robots or computers.

I'll read that study since I'm curious about it.

frogge fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 27, 2017

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Oh there's a whole range of emotions that come with being cheated on. If you catch somebody doing it you're angry right there on the spot and you shout maybe you even strike someone. I had a girl tell me to my face that she was cheating on me, I suspect so she could see the hurt happen in real time. I wasn't angry that time, it made me sad. I was sad cause I made it happen through my own negativity. She wanted to hurt me because I had hurt her, now I've never cheated, but I've been at times a pretty terrible person. Hell she told me that I needed to make a change or I'd lose her. My response to that was 'You don't like it, the doors that way'. Perhaps it would of been more mature on her part to just leave right then and there. Instead she decided to hurt me as much as she could. I don't think she got as much gratification as she thought she might I put on a pretty convincing show of not giving a gently caress even if I cried myself to sleep that night. In the here and now I'm trying to not be so callous and selfish but I may well get cheated on again. You don't have to do anything wrong to be wronged, after all.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jim Barris posted:

Oh there's a whole range of emotions that come with being cheated on. If you catch somebody doing it you're angry right there on the spot and you shout maybe you even strike someone. I had a girl tell me to my face that she was cheating on me, I suspect so she could see the hurt happen in real time. I wasn't angry that time, it made me sad. I was sad cause I made it happen through my own negativity. She wanted to hurt me because I had hurt her, now I've never cheated, but I've been at times a pretty terrible person. Hell she told me that I needed to make a change or I'd lose her. My response to that was 'You don't like it, the doors that way'. Perhaps it would of been more mature on her part to just leave right then and there. Instead she decided to hurt me as much as she could. I don't think she got as much gratification as she thought she might I put on a pretty convincing show of not giving a gently caress even if I cried myself to sleep that night. In the here and now I'm trying to not be so callous and selfish but I may well get cheated on again. You don't have to do anything wrong to be wronged, after all.

beautiful post jim. thank you for sharing.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i will never forget when my wife said she hosed ted. everything i did i did for my family and this is the loyalty i get in return

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

gary oldmans diary posted:

i will never forget when my wife said she hosed ted. everything i did i did for my family and this is the loyalty i get in return

Buddy, there's only one thing you can do in that situation, and it's to go behind your wife's back and gently caress Ted

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

FisheyStix posted:

Buddy, there's only one thing you can do in that situation, and it's to go behind your wife's back and gently caress Ted's corpse

whoa there.... hold on for a second...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
gently caress Ted

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I have cheated on every single girlfriend I've ever had

I know it's "bad" but to me it's just sex and like, no big deal man

Why can't I put my weiner in these ladies and still be in a relationship with you man

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Pick posted:

gently caress Hugh

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Nice try Pick, but I'm not helping you get off on people getting cheated on.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Nice try Pick, but I'm not helping you get off on people getting cheated on.

don't worry, the freak has the rest of the posters in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Harakiri Potter posted:

When I came home from deployment I pretty knew it was all over. There was a Harley in the driveway. I walked in, there's weird looking dude sitting on the couch with a red, white and blue bandana on his head watching my television. I just said "hey". He said "hey" back. I said "Lynn's at work?" he was like "yep" and I walked in the bathroom, saw a used condom in the trash. My dog was outside and we had a really nice reunion. My truck hadn't been started in a few months the battery was dead. Went next door, got a jump from my old neighbor and took my dog. Kept driving all night and stopped in La Porte, Indiana at some mostly shut down hotel. Felt like "The Shining" in there. It was snowing real hard. There was a lake next door.

I can clearly recall those details but I couldn't tell you about the previous 2 years because they don't stand out. I'd never felt emancipated in my life. I booked two nights at the hotel and did nothing but sleep and eat takeout. She called and I let the phone ring. I never spoke a word to her since. When the divorce papers found me, I was 3 time zones away. There was nothing she could take from me that I hadn't already given up on. There was no alimony in my state. The bank account we shared had been pillaged. Most of the poo poo I cared about was in a storage locker in my name that she had no access to.

That's what being cheated on feels like if you're really happy it happened. And for the first time in my adult life, I was free. I still am, and I stopped caring about women completely a while back. After the last woman I dated, I'm pretty much done now. I got a robotic blowjob machine that doesn't throw food at my house or leave dead things on my lawn.

p o s t
t h e
p e p

• Locked thread