Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ProperCoochie posted:

2) Some women are much more likely to cheat when it comes to celebrities. Even minor or local ones. I've seen women say goodnight to their significant other, watch them walk out the door, and walk right over to the VIP section, backstage area, or tour bus outside and immediately get in line with the other women for a chance to hook up. It's another thing that perplexes me but doesn't. I'm not a paranoid or jealous type, women will always have guy friends, but I draw the line when it comes to hanging with celebs.

This is why I've always thought it was weird when people talked about their "free pass" celebrity crushes. Like I understand that it's never actually gonna come up but it's still not really a good thing to hear that someone with enough wealth/fame/looks is an exception to monogamy rules and I never really did get why this was a thing some people joke about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I mean I understand it's not serious it just doesn't really seem like a funny joke to me. Haha I would cheat on you if the person was a big enough upgrade just doesn't really feel like a good punchline.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

:master:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

frogge posted:

I dunno that I buy the moral purity argument. People make mistakes and they either learn and grow from them or they don't.

Eh I think it's like the sort of thing where you're either the kind of person who tells cashiers when they accidentally gave you too much change or you aren't. Everyone gets chances to do unethical things in their life but everyone has their own lines they will or won't cross.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

frogge posted:

Better get the ol' A brand ready!

I mean everything is circumstancial, you cheated in highschool and had several relationships since then sure I can accept you've probably changed. You cheated in your last relationship in your late 20's because simply breaking up was too hard and you took the lovely way out then yeah I'm gonna assume you're gonna do the same thing in your next relationship if it goes south.

Fwiw the only people I know who've cheated in their relationships have made a habit of doing it and I believe the stats on that pan out. I can't find the study itself, just a bunch of clickbait articles on it, but if you google about Kayla Knopp it found that people who cheated as young adults were 3.5 more likely to cheat in future relationships.

• Locked thread