Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
When I was 15 my :airquote: high school sweetheart :airquote: of 5 months had given me her AOL password when we first started dating for some reason. I had always met her at her job when her shift ended (she worked at a bakery) and one night she called my house to tell me not to come because her cousin was in town and was going to meet her there. I hung out with her the next day and she never mentioned the cousin which I thought was weird.

When I got home, suspicious, I decided to log onto her AOL account and in her sent folder was a long email she sent to her coworker about how she liked kissing him that night (the night before) and she didn't know if it was going to work out but she's willing to try or something. I don't remember the exact words because this is a long time ago.

Anyway what I ended up doing was calling her beeper and leaving a voice message (this was the late 90s; beepers had voicemail at that time) and all I did was read the email out loud. I didn't do it angrily or anything. I just read it like I was reading a newspaper. In hindsight it was a pretty funny way to break up with her but at the time I wanted her to have that horrible pit in her stomach when she listened to it kind of like how it felt reading that email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how the hell did you leave a voicemail on her beeper?

Again this is a long time ago but I think SmartBeep had a thing where you had an option when calling the beeper number to leave a message. So when she called her own number and entered in a code it would give you voicemails.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

Your big "I got burned in a relationship" story is 20 years old, from you as a 15 year old and involves AOL.

Jesus.

It wasn't big but it felt like poo poo.

My other relationships were ridiculously long (one with a girl from 17 to 20 and the next was 21 to current, now my wife) so luckily neither of them cheated on me or at the very least didn't let me find out

So yeah I haven't exactly dated enough different women to have any more recent cheating stories

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The Costa Concordia?

• Locked thread