Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

only time it ever happened to me i wasn't seeing the girl for very long in the first place and i found it much easier to get over her than other women simply due to anger. i just told her to gently caress off and stopped talking to her. crazy bitch called me like every weekend for like a year afterward but i never answered and she even showed up to my door once uninvited.

i imagine if we had been in a long term relationship to begin with it would have been different but it was pretty easy to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i don't agree with the idea that the paramour of the cheater is always some sort of scumbag -- a lot of that is just the jealousy of the spurned ex. a lot of the time it's not like the paramour initiated things or was deliberately trying to get involved in some sort of infidelity, although, if you are getting with someone that's cheating you only have yourself to blame when poo poo pops off. if marriage is involved there are even some states that have alienation of affection laws and you can be sued for getting with the married person.

it's also like trying to date someone who is going through a divorce, can't be shocked when that doesn't go well.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

also i hate to agree with yug but you would be surprised the type of selfish poo poo normally well meaning and good people can do from time to time. plenty of men/women wouldn't but plenty of otherwise good women in good relationships, or vice versa, will do so given the right situation.

the idea that a cheater is a terrible person and always was or will be because of it is either naive or born out of jealousy and resentment. that being said i have hard time trusting anyone that's cheated. also i have a hard time respecting someone who wants out of a relationship but doesn't have the guts to end it so they cheat.

• Locked thread