Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

That's right everyone, SGDQ is upon us once again. A hell of a lot has happened since last year and I'm looking forward to all the PB's, Kappas, and Shout Outs. They're currently streaming last years marathon on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Tetris Block is back plus Earthbound finale. Shwag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

8 hour FF7 run on Friday, I think that's the longest run they've ever showcased.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

oh hell yeah, epic speedrunning incoming

Druid Voltron
Sep 10, 2008
This SGDQ is going to be lit
Almost 5 hours of Earthbound for a finale looks pretty legit

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Opening with Halfcoordinated playing Nier:A one handed :)

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Stupid sgdq always lining up with my beach vacation week. Never get to watch live. Wonder what this year's "if you want to cure cancer step in front of a bus" moment will be.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Aw yiss.

Can't wait for some speedrunning, well at least after July 4th...

I got a Deku Mask up as a Prize during MM as well, unlike last year it'll actually be at the event.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
dont people want to celebrate july 4th with their friends & family

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Normies aren't people.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dangerdoom volvo posted:

speedrunners are my friends and family

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to miss a lot of it because it overlaps like 1:1 with a film festival I'm going to every day the first two weeks In July oops

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is it that time already? Can't wait to watch it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

symbolic posted:

speedrunners are my friends and family

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
So weird that they accepted TGM 1 and 3, but not the best one, TGM 2

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uAGMAlqkfU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
divinity original sin, co-op, in 35 minutes, huh

that sounds like a must-see

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

looking forward to seeing what feasel's got in store this gdq

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Truly the best time of the year.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Coolguye posted:

Guess I'll have to check the vod on this.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

speedruns are good content and i spend way too juch time smoking up and watching this poo poo. seeing the blindfold race of pokemon blue was an experience

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolguye posted:

yeah maybe I'll learn how to beat that game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There were a lot of good runs last year and im pumped for the 20th 8 hour speedrun of KOTOR2

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Kotor 2 in 8 hours? Gah!

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Last AGDQ's pre show was actually good and worth watching so I'm going to optimistically tune in early to watch it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I typically like SGDQ better since they usually take bigger risks in scheduling interesting runs and sponsoring Doctors Without Borders means a lot less cancer story donations.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
THPS2 100% in under 20 minutes is pretty impressive. I'll have to catch that for sure.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Thank God we have at least one soul brave enough to speedrun marble madness yet again

No out-of-bounds Oblivion run might be fun to watch though

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
My company is a 'sponsor' for this SGDQ. I'm in charge of one of the groups bringing arcade games to the event.

The guys in charge of World9 have told me that this event is super chill; which I'm looking forward too.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

THPS2 100% in under 20 minutes is pretty impressive. I'll have to catch that for sure.

im going to watch it then break out my playstation

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Personally, whenever I speedrun games I like to only play for about two hours at a time, and take long breaks between sessions. usually sleeping between one session and the next. My speedruns are unique because mostly i don't finish games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

im going to watch it then break out my playstation

Two steps ahead of you

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Yo have there been any timelapses of those crazy 10 hour jrpg runs compressed down to like a minute of a guy shifting minutely in his chair looking progressively more disheveled and dead-eyed as he undergoes a rich full day's worth of gaming?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Youtube searches tell me that the only people who do timelapses of speedruns are 12 year olds playing Roblox. itll be fun to do with the SGDQ ff7, so you can see a whole crowd flicker and in out around the gaming bulwark and identify which unmoving powernerds are not merely speedrunning for 8 solid hours, but silently observing it done live.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cobweb Heart posted:

Yo have there been any timelapses of those crazy 10 hour jrpg runs compressed down to like a minute of a guy shifting minutely in his chair looking progressively more disheveled and dead-eyed as he undergoes a rich full day's worth of gaming?

disperse

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cobweb Heart posted:

Youtube searches tell me that the only people who do timelapses of speedruns are 12 year olds playing Roblox. itll be fun to do with the SGDQ ff7, so you can see a whole crowd flicker and in out around the gaming bulwark and identify which unmoving powernerds are not merely speedrunning for 8 solid hours, but silently observing it done live.

its me observing it in full live at home

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

elf help book posted:

its me observing it in full live at home

same here

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Night crew