Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

symbolic posted:

speedrunners are my friends and family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

speedruns are good content and i spend way too juch time smoking up and watching this poo poo. seeing the blindfold race of pokemon blue was an experience

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just flipped on the stream and no one mentioned he's doing this with one loving hand

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was gonna say theres several segments where the game puts down barriers and forces you to fight but it looks crazy easy to just jump over everything. even the normal walls lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

okay when hes actually forced to fight im looking at his hand and that cant not hurt

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

*laughs uncontrollably anytime somebody says a mildly Japanese word for 15 years*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

it looked like i wanna be the guy garbage that these SJW cUCKOLDS eat up by the barrelful. and also a game no one would want to play except to seed run it and only 1 person does

seeded runs of any kind should be banned

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the fun of speedrunning games with RNG elements in them is adapting on the fly to whatever you're given and making the best of the situation

borderlands speedrunner: today i am running seed 286482 on an old beta patch, i find the triple murderlizer in the very first chest and use that for most of the run

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

might be different for good games like nuclear throne and stuff but in games where the RNG is everything it produces the most boring poo poo ever. there really is a gdq run of borderlands 2 where the guy kept finding the ultimate weapon every time he popped open a chest and he shredded every boss in 3 seconds, people in the audience yawning and getting up to leave

e: dont tknow anything about that lovely games u were talkiking about and thought this was what you meant by seed run, my b

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jesus

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

halo 1 was a pretty insane run with a lot of fun tricks but 40% of it is the library lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

not the runner's fault ofc but man my brain seriously blocked out how long and repetitive that part was

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the spectre knight gdq run is amazing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

itd be nice to get glitchless soul runs. oh epic you disabled the boss' ai so he just stands there while you wail on him, really fun to watch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

I got on the plane and sat next to some old guy. We started talking and this guy was cool as poo poo. I was explaining gamedonequick to him and he was telling me about world war II. He went to tell me about he was some supplier or something during world war II and then I asked him what country he was in. He said he was in germany during world war II. Was this guy a nazi i thought? Whatever he was cool as poo poo and i hope i am half as cool as he is when i hit age 80.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Said something about his friend falling off a guard tower? anyway, he knew a LOT about combat boots

• Locked thread