Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
My company is a 'sponsor' for this SGDQ. I'm in charge of one of the groups bringing arcade games to the event.

The guys in charge of World9 have told me that this event is super chill; which I'm looking forward too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

Wormskull posted:

*leans back and sips on my ginger ale, basking in the one true constant the universe can provide: big boys in light tan cargo shorts wandering around a hotel convention hall*

So incredibly accurate.

I'm glad I'm not wearing tan cargo shorts today.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

Run was pretty cool to watch in person.

I had to go resume my perch in the arcade.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

More of these runs need to only take a half hour. Too many long runs.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

Caithness posted:

I believe this is the first time they've tried to set up 4 arcade boards at once.

Four arcade boards, eight player headsets, single commentator. Tech crew is in a frenzy right now and the house is pretty packed.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

It's more that there's only one A/V mix setup.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

YeehawMcKickass posted:

It's more that there's only one A/V mix setup.

Also, two superguns are hooked up to CRT's and two are hooked up to LCD's. Eihoppe, mxkai3, party man, and I think Jbroms are on the lcds.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

In Training posted:

You could have run a Top 8 tournament by now, which also would have been a lot more fun to watch. I can barely comprehend a 1v1 race , let alone a 8 way one.

You should have seen the poo poo they were pulling off in the public practice room yesterday. Kevin had a stupid fast GM in tgm1.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

Yeah, The New Tetris soundtrack would have been the pro choice.

You think this poo poo is boring on stream? Try being in the room.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

I wish I had a backpack that sweet. :(

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

Wait, we got some activity behind the scenes here.

Are we actually about to start?

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

they're setting up a bed for thpse p[oor children

This poo poo keeps up and MSF is going to need to set up triage in here.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

Finally!

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

From experience playing their setups over the last couple days, it's stupidly hard just getting to S1.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

ScrubLeague posted:

these lengthy tetris setups are killing me

Yeah, furniture rearranging shouldn't take this long. Just swap the TGM3 board for the TGM1 board and worry about the couch for LttP.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

I actually convinced the TGM crew that it'd be chill as gently caress to let people try TGM3 for a bit after their runs. Kevin thought the idea was awesome, so this happened:

Turns out TGM3 makes randoms cry from difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

i hope u watched all 185 miuntes of setup between the 5 minutes of tetris

Yeah, tech staff had no goddamn clue what the gently caress was going on. First they couldn't get sound out of the TGM1 boards, then they couldn't get video out of TGM3.

Plan for next gdq arcade block is to have a PC block beforehand and use that whole time to gently caress with the superguns and poo poo.

• Locked thread