Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

how did i get here i dont even know what this is anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i'm really not sure why anyone thinks anything google has ever done has ever been about anything other than this

adorable

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

im the 500 variations of a dead guy's name still on the watchlist

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

anthonypants posted:

how bad are the infosec books currently in the humble bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cybersecurity-wiley

the schneier crypto textbooks are very good

looks like crypto engineering is the newer version of practical crypto and $15 for it and applied crypto is a steal

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

otoh applied crypto and crypto engineering are ancient and you should probably just use NaCL

yeah learning is for chumps

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

endlessmonotony posted:

My brain keeps trying to crawl outta my skull and also to crush it, so they had to install a programmable skull that keeps it jailed.

woah a real life skullclamp, sounds rad

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

Janitor Prime posted:

gee thanks for wasting all those hours of my life

how can you put a price on safety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

using ml to better model password distributions

quote:

More importantly, when we combined the output of PassGAN with the output of HashCat, we were able to match 18%-24% more passwords than HashCat alone. This is remarkable because it shows that PassGAN can generate a considerable number of passwords that are out of reach for current tools.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.00440

could be overfitting to the rockyou data but at least they cross validated I guess

• Locked thread