Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Having someone else click through a eula is basically like those Jewish people who cheat at the Shabbat.

Maybe we can all get along after all.

i heard some orthodox have lobby boys push the elevator buttons for them because completing the circuit = starting a fire = work = jewish haram

also i don’t recall islam ever having issues trading with nonmuslims (afterall mecca is a historic trade route)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Question time!

Would it be feasible to write laws around having to make programs secure, similar to food/fire safety laws?

The biggest hurdle obviously would be the speed that technology moves vs. the speed of government. But I'd like some discussion on how it could be/could not be done, and what could it look like? Please no "I don't want the government to do that," or "they'd just gently caress it up and make poo poo worse"

I love regulation but software moves way too fast.

reminder that docker is less than 4 years old.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Midjack posted:

the trump administration nationalizing the cell network would be hilarious.

the ghost of bell will rip him limb from limb before that happens

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
what does a hardened 5g network mean anyways? if the user can connect to it it’s not hardened

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i once used cisco asa and vpn and it's a PIECE OF poo poo

the way it routes/nats traffic to/from vpn is janky as gently caress. they should've just created a virtual interface for vpn traffic and called it a day but cisco gotta cisco

• Locked thread