Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Russia Threatens Retaliation If Pentagon Bans Kaspersky Software

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-30/russia-threatens-retaliation-if-pentagon-bans-kaspersky-software-j4k2inwq

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

ate all the Oreos posted:

aw the new guy at my office still thinks it's illegal to export public key cryptography with key lengths longer than 512 bits, that's adorable :allears:

in the 90s my dad took me to the bookstore with him to buy the PGP book with the source code in it because he thought it was important that encryption wasn't treated like munitions.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

ate all the Oreos posted:

everyone at work is really excited about the new iphone's facial recognition unlock so i guess that answers the question of "who the hell wants this dumb poo poo"

when i pointed out that you'd be better off using a pin because it can't be tricked and you can't be compelled to give it up by the feds all i got was "well if you don't do anything bad you'd never be in a situation where that's a problem now would you :colbert:"

ios 11 has some feature where if you hit power 5 times it locks fingerprint and facial recognition stuff until the pin is entered.

for whatever that's worth

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
anytime someone says "disable selinux" i immediately stop listening to whatever they're saying.

"im afraid/unwilling to learn the tools" is a pretty big indicator that you're a loving moron

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Cocoa Crispies posted:

dynamic subdomains are a cheap and easy way to make customers feel valued and wildcard certs are an important part of the sustainability of that

can't you just automate the creation of new certs via lets encrypt?

or are you unwilling to allocate IPs to each subdomain?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
nice thing about wildcard certs is that if your key is compromised all your customers sites are compromised and it makes it much easier to deal with the class action lawsuit since you dont have to track exactly which customer was owned (it was all of them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Truga posted:

lol at that article title though. with brands like lenovo shipping bad spyware you're never safe.

when i see lenovo i think cheap chinese crap

• Locked thread