Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
1st page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

ate all the Oreos posted:

wife just linked me this:

brilliant :allears:

:trumppop:

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

I'm sorry I meant Talinn

Talinn loving owns, I loved visiting Estonia

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I got rejected from Global Entry because I'm a bad boy. Apparently if you've been arrested in the past 10 years, you aren't qualified for GE.

Whenever I come back to the US a skull and crossbones pops up on every TSA monitor and I have to sit in their god awful secondary screening room which has taken up to 4 hours only for my turn to come up and those idiots go "oh sorry, yeah you had some poo poo in your file from 10 years ago that flags you for secondary review, your good to go now"

gee thanks for wasting all those hours of my life

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe
Houston airport is the worst at this by the way, their secondary screening room is the most depressing place I've ever stepped foot in, full of nothing but brown skinned people scared out of their minds because no one tells them what's going on and those rear end hats just sit their on their computers not saying poo poo. You can't use your phone, so if you have family waiting to pick up welp I hope they think to call into immigration to find out where you are or else spend hours wondering what the gently caress happened to you.

Sometimes they use it as a temporary holding cell for days while they wait for the next flight back to your home country leaves in order to kick you out.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

MononcQc posted:

the Quebec government argument there is that there is a strong separation of state and religion, and if you're working as a provincial employee, you represent the government and should also not represent any religion.

It's a weird deal, but it needs a bit of context. In the 60s, while the US were putting a man on the moon, priests in Quebec were going door to door encouraging women to have 12+ children each if they didn't want to be bad Catholics. All schools and hospitals were church-run. Schools stopped being ran only by religious organizations in the mid-to-late 60s. Hell, I was in elementary school in the 90s, and the school was run by the government, but a few times a year they'd walk us to the other side of the street to go confess at church. Like all children no matter what. By law, Quebec schools became religion-free in 2005 only.

So uh, there's definitely a good bunch of rear end in a top hat racists pushing for these laws, and on the other side, a bunch of people who really want all religion out of the system, and they happen to all sit on the same side of the issue for this.

This is a good post

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

Carbon dioxide posted:

"Scientists Put Malware in DNA For the First Time - "encode malicious software into physical strands of DNA, so that when a gene sequencer analyzes it the resulting data becomes a program that corrupts gene-sequencing software and takes control of the underlying computer.""

Source: Someone on IRC who says they read it on reddit

E: Also here https://www.wired.com/story/malware-dna-hack/

rick and morty did it first

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

I'm not sure what the gently caress up is, when this person literally ordered a nothing-burger and was delivered what they asked for. The fact that there was no person in the loop to give them the side-eye?

The fuckup is there's no validaiton against ordering an empty bag

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe
did they leave it on the grass or what?

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

But, he went on, "since it is just math and it has been invented it can't uninvented".

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe
non repudiation what’s that?

• Locked thread