Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lain Iwakura posted:

just uninterested in seeing my old forums name haha

Radium :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Autobutts, assemble!

turd mobius

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

give the option to have the password the same as the username for $1000

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

we're taking this one up to 420 to make up for it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

something dumb that shouldn't exist like minesweeper being able to change your mbr when running as a standard user.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

you can disable facebook sms

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rufus Ping posted:

huh mine has the disable button but when i click it:

:iiam:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

CommieGIR posted:

Nothing makes me feel better about my security policies like seeing how badly the top rated consulting firm in the world does theirs

my gmail account with a yubikey in a drawer somewhere and a code generator on my phone feels like more security than 99% of the enterprise world right now.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the first one of these to happen after gdpr arrives is gonna be good

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

cheese-cube posted:

LOL PACK IT UP BOYS WERE hosed!!!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol is that a domain controller

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

are we at this point yet?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

cinci zoo sniper posted:

gartner, who else does pointless reviews of it sectors

i only select vendors for *~enterprise~* file sync and share from the top-right of the gartner magic quadrant. how else am i supposed to know what's good?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

its a really elaborate honeypot that coincidentally also does consulting work

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

and there's still four days left of september :getin:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:vince:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mo_Steel posted:

I've never heard of the BIZERBA brand touchscreen, or is that the brand of the whole point of sale system for the self-checkout?

https://www.bizerba.com/en_gb/products/retail-scales/pc-scales-k-class-flex/k-class-flex/k-class-flex.html

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

haveblue posted:

major updates ask for your icloud password as part of a special ui flow, that's not what's being spoofed here and it would be much harder for third party apps to fake

I can't remember the last time I've seen that l/p popup dialog, it should only appear if you try to do something involving icloud but you aren't signed in in system prefs

if i am playing music and dont have cell reception or wi-fi then ios decides that my password must be wrong and prompts me to re-enter it, the prompt looks exactly like that. ignoring it works fine and it sorts itself out again when it has a data connection.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

anthonypants posted:

cjs: just had to explain to my boss that we can't just replace the ca certificate on our website, and also that sha1 is totally fine for a ca certificate

have they asked a random tool to scan your site and are bringing you the results?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

this reads like a work-in-progress and i will check in on it to see how things develop and for a writeup/presentation when more is known. i'm confused why this person would suspect they were being targeted by somebody who would use physical access to their machines to drop in an exploit, but still leave them unattended without any sure-fire way to tell if they've been physically tampered with.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i might be understanding it wrong but he seems to claim that the machines went in for logic board replacements and then ended up with the exploit back on the machine, when they presumably weren't there right after coming back from apple.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

but september finished two weeks ago

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

guessing thats meant to say nonce reuse

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

abigserve posted:

It's loving dumb you have to pay to read ieee standards.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shaggar posted:

looks like the opposite, they ignore parts of the spec

from a quick glance at the paper it goes like this:
Theres some stupid poo poo in wpa2, specifically it allows key-reuse
Windows and IOS, being security oriented, do not implement the key-reuse portions of wpa2
Linux, being security incapable, implements it fully because of autism
Key-reuse allows people to re-use keys which is loving retarded and leaves you vulnerable to replay attacks.
In this way anyone w/ the full spec implementation (Linux) is vulnerable, and those who avoided it are ok.

so this is great because its absolutely a flaw in the design of wpa2 (and a glaring one at that), but security conscious os designers noticed and mitigated the flaws from the start.

shaggar was right

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lomarf, ubiquiti have a firmware out for their poo poo already, aerohive havent even acknowledged it as an issue that needs addressing

:rip:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

buy bin wifi, replace it every two years

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

aerohive have spoken at last

https://www3.aerohive.com/support/security-bulletins/Product-Security-Announcement-Aerohives-Response-to-KRACK-10162017.html

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i dont care if a saas app has our company name in the domain or not. probably better if it doesnt since the outcome of that tends to be that it cant ever be renamed.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i dont like this current version of the internet where people use a two minute video to say absolutely nothing

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://internetofdon.gs/

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol gently caress everything about that

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

have an amazon version of a food cart circling round town with a machine-learning inspired collection of items on board, ready to be deposited into the arms of a waiting valued prime [tm] customer

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

live somewhere with a population density high enough that amazon lockers exist, or just get your poo poo delivered to work

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

probably a captive portal trying to pop up on a domain with hsts enabled

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i thought we were way past the point of maxing out cpus being able to cause damage. isn't there the world of thermal throttling to happen long before anything cooks?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

anthonypants posted:

is there an ecommerce platform that doesn't suck poo poo

magento seems alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

he probably forgot to log out