Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

do u know jenny posted:

Trump all ready to deport them

He's seen the movies. He knows they're only interested in sending their exotic big-game human hunters and shapechanging world destroyers to our planet. Real bad dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

hahahahahahahaha

honestly i wish a group like that (if you want to claim this unorganized scattered label as a group) had some integrity for stuff like this, but they loving ruined it

I saw the last Fast & Furious movie which involves a bunch of sports cars fighting a nuclear submarine and The Rock redirecting torpedo with his bare hands and the most unrealistic thing in the movie remains a line where people are taking anonymous seriously

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Hostile life forms, like humans would never develop faster than light technology as they would have killed themselves off. If aliens come, they would more than likely be a peaceful race, far, far superior to us savages.

This is a common line of thinking but it's flawed. Almost all of our real major advancements in science and technology were BECAUSE of warfare. I dare say without things like World War 2 we'd be decades behind in technology.

If humans find something to kick the rear end of that requires FTL, we'll want to buckle down and make FTL to go kick it's rear end.

• Locked thread