Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Why make it known now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
hosed up if trump gets his picture taken shaking hands with an alien he'll be etched into history for all time

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

seriouspost: when we find alien life, what will the specifics be? will it be some lame rear end bacteria, or like, some undoubtably artificial signal from space?

any form of life springing up twice in one solar system bodes well for the galaxy

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

Having you been to dc? No way they could keep something like that secret

Why would anyone tell politicians about something important?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
If we do enough dmt the machine elves will just tell us how to build portals

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Humans are gonna be fine, climate change will be our crucible but we've handled worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

COMRADES posted:

A lot of us might die but I have some weird optimism (I guess) that we are kind of like cockroaches in that some of us will probably survive somehow and then repopulate. Hopefully enough survive such that our gene pool isn't doomed... We already had one mass die off and as a result iirc it takes like 20k-40k humans to have a viable population that won't be plagued with genetic diseases.

It'd have to be a pretty major cataclysm to wipe out ALL humans.

Same. We're hardy as gently caress. Moonbase would be nice peace of mind though.

• Locked thread