Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I would love to see Bayley feud with my newest favorite wrestler, Nikki Cross.

Speaking of which, when the hell are they bringing up Asuka?

Hopefully never. I really like Asuka and don't want to see what they'd do to her on the main roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think Asuka could easily have another trio like she did with Triple Tail.S or Shida/Makoto to cover for them while they're settling into America and learning better English, and it would give a chance for babyfaces to develop because they've got an even bigger mountain to overcome now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

Hopefully never. I really like Asuka and don't want to see what they'd do to her on the main roster.

Bayley debut on Raw - August 22
Bayley being the only Raw Women's Champ to win the belt via interference - February 13
Mania bad title defense in bad match - April 2
Kendo stick on a pole - June 4

Even if you want to be optimistic and say the killing blow wasn't till Extreme Rules, that still means it took 10 months (still not even a calendar year) to ruin her

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Don't Free Asuka from NXT

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
To be fair, everyone that isn't contending for the Women's title is in a constant state of being buried trash on Raw.

But yeah, Bayley has been treading water since before she won the title off Charlotte, and there seems to be no plans to fix her going forward.

It still blows my mind that Raw and SD are run by the same company. Even when a woman isn't defending or chasing the title, they still have poo poo to do on SD. The MitB matches probably didn't go over as planned by creative, but at least all of the women are doing something other than jobbing to the 2-3 women who matter in the division.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Don't Free Asuka from NXT

Please blacklist her like she deserves.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vaguido posted:

To be fair, everyone that isn't contending for the Women's title is in a constant state of being buried trash on Raw.

But yeah, Bayley has been treading water since before she won the title off Charlotte, and there seems to be no plans to fix her going forward.

It still blows my mind that Raw and SD are run by the same company. Even when a woman isn't defending or chasing the title, they still have poo poo to do on SD. The MitB matches probably didn't go over as planned by creative, but at least all of the women are doing something other than jobbing to the 2-3 women who matter in the division.

the WMITB was solely to erase punk's record

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He liked a tweet that called African migrants Muslin invaders.

Sew what, AJ's tweeted more spoolish things in the past.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the WMITB was solely to erase punk's record

technically Carmella needs to win next year for it to be truly erased

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
"no, we were great cops"

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Fashion police are amazing going to be sad when they gently caress it all up.

Does AJ not wrestle anymore? Is he still going for the US title? I'm not sure I get what they're doing with him, are they waiting for the end of this terrible Jinder/orton feud?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

Please blacklist her like she deserves.
Hey she hasn't intentionally injured anyone in at least 7 years

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Hey she hasn't intentionally injured anyone in at least 7 years

well shes loving slacking off then

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

My 9 year old still loves Bayley, but I can definitely see her care just a little bit less every week. I didn't even bother showing her the kendo stick match, and she found the Corey Graves thing very confusing. At least she still has Naomi, Balor, and Owens, I guess.

I know it kinda sucks but it's very good for a child's writing skills and later development to have experiences that show them why they gravitated away from certain (one dimensional) characters and why they like dynamic ones.

And Naomi and balor too I guess :p

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Attended my first house show tonight at the Raw roster's visit to Singapore.

First match was Jericho vs Hideo Itami. Isn't Jericho supposed to be touring with Fozzy? If he's willing and able to wrestle, why are they using him in house shows instead of on televised programmes? This match was quite slow with many rest-holds, and Jericho put Itami over.

Second match was Titus O'Neil vs Bo Dallas. I was surprised to see that Titus is still wrestling - I thought he had entered fully into a manager / valet role. Even more surprising was the fact that Titus actually got a decent pop, and a bigger one than Bo did. Also, Titus won in around three minutes! I know house show results aren't "official" but how low in the pecking order must Bo be that he got booked to be squashed by Titus?

Third match was Sheamsaro vs Slater-Rhyno. Standard tag match that ended with Sheamus pinning Rhyno after a sudden Brogue Kick while Slater and Cesaro were battling each other outside the ring, leaving Slater too far away to break up Sheamus' pin.

Then there was a segment where Enzo came to the ring to talk about feeling hurt by the break-up of his tag team, and Cass appeared to apologise to him and then clotheslined him in the ring after they "reconciled". It was weird seeing them repeat what they'd already done on the latest Monday Night Raw a mere two nights ago. Were they assuming that the audience hadn't watched Raw or read the synopsis on the wrestling websites?

Fourth match was a tag match between Miz / Samoa Joe and Dean Ambrose / Seth Rollins. This match had the highest concentrated star-power of any match in this show, and was also the most entertaining. The crowd cheered Samoa Joe, Ambrose and Rollins, and booed only Miz. Miz played a chicken-poo poo cowardly heel, and the match ended with Sheamus Ambrose pinning Rhyno Miz after a sudden Brogue Kick Dirty Deeds while Slater and Cesaro Joe and Rollins were battling each other outside the ring, leaving Slater Joe too far away to break up Sheamus' Ambrose's pin.

Fifth match was a six-person tag match between Nia / Alexa / Emma and Bayley / Sasha / Asuka. Nia got a pretty big cheer, Alexa got relatively little reaction for some reason, and the crowd was completely silent for Emma's entrance. Bayley got a big pop despite her latest character decline, Sasha got a bigger pop, and Asuka was a pleasant surprise. (If she's appearing in Raw house shows, does that mean that she's likely to be brought up to the main roster soon?) The match was rather confusing and messy as they were trying to fit six women into far too little time. A lot of tagging in and out after just a few seconds of action. Miz Alexa played a chicken-poo poo cowardly heel, and the match ended with Sheamus Ambrose Asuka pinning tapping out Rhyno Miz Emma after a sudden Brogue Kick Dirty Deeds Asuka Lock while Slater and Cesaro Joe and Rollins the other four women were battling each other outside the ring, leaving Slater Joe Nia and Alexa too far away to break up Sheamus' Ambrose's Asuka's pin submission. Is WWE always this lazy with house show match endings, or is this just the case for overseas house shows?

Sixth match was Gallows vs Finn Balor. The theme of this match was "interference by the heel's partner", with Anderson repeatedly attacking or grabbing Finn from outside the ring while Gallows distracted the referee. The crowd kept chanting "Bullet Club" throughout the match - WWE could have made so much money if only they'd let Gallows, Anderson, AJ and Finn be on the same show and form a faction. they Finn won after a Coup de Grāce - I'm surprised they let him use this move on house shows, given how dangerous it appears to be.

Main event was Bray vs Roman Reigns. Roman entered to the loudest boos of the night, but as the match progressed there were repeated dueling chants of "Let's go Roman / Roman sucks", with "Let's go Roman" coming mainly from the children in the crowd. There was also a chant of "We want Strowman" early on in the match. Roman won after a Superman Punch, and after he got the three-count, the crowd was silent. It was not clear to me whether the crowd was silent because he'd earned their respect with the quality of the match, or because they'd been drained after all the booing during the match. I stayed till after Roman walked behind the curtain into the staging area, on the off-chance that Braun Strowman might make a surprise appearance and attack Roman, but alas he never did.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

JosephWongKS posted:

Main event was Bray vs Roman Reigns. Roman entered to the loudest boos of the night, but as the match progressed there were repeated dueling chants of "Let's go Roman / Roman sucks", with "Let's go Roman" coming mainly from the children in the crowd. There was also a chant of "We want Strowman" early on in the match. Roman won after a Superman Punch, and after he got the three-count, the crowd was silent. It was not clear to me whether the crowd was silent because he'd earned their respect with the quality of the match, or because they'd been drained after all the booing during the match. I stayed till after Roman walked behind the curtain into the staging area, on the off-chance that Braun Strowman might make a surprise appearance and attack Roman, but alas he never did.

lol bray doesn't even need to be hit with an actual finisher anymore, apparently

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

lol bray doesn't even need to be hit with an actual finisher anymore, apparently

The Superman punch is a finisher, much like the people's elbow is also a finisher

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Look how happy Bayley is to be involved with the NXT title again

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

At least she knows where that one's been

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DEAR RICHARD posted:

"no, we were great cops"

the best part of that segment was Fat Konnor momentarily fixating on the cheese plate because he used to be a rat/human hybrid, shaking it off, then eating it anyway because hes Fat Konnor

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bradzilla posted:

The Superman punch is a finisher, much like the people's elbow is also a finisher

The Superman punch is a finisher much like the gut kick before the stunner was a finisher.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

the best part of that segment was Fat Konnor momentarily fixating on the cheese plate because he used to be a rat/human hybrid, shaking it off, then eating it anyway because hes Fat Konnor

Holy poo poo, I didn't even think about that. What a perfect segment.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

projecthalaxy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOpHPfgqKW4

this only cements my belief that all wrestlers should get really fat

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Is AJ really stupid to like a tweet like that? Probably, but he's lucky he works for a company like WWE really

dgaf though he's still the best

THE BEST!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is AJ really stupid to like a tweet like that? Probably, but he's lucky he works for a company like WWE really

dgaf though he's still the best

THE BEST!

what

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

From a page ago. He liked a tweet calling African migrants "Muslin invaders"

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Chris James 2 posted:

From a page ago. He liked a tweet calling African migrants "Muslin invaders"

When you think about it most wrestlers are cunts tbh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AJ Styles would believe Bush did 9-11 if Bush wasn't his second favorite prez behind Trump.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A.J is right

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

all wrestlers are miserable, miserable little sacks of poo poo who deserve death. AJ is a rightwing nut, Seth is a Nazi, Dean is an anti-vaxxer. Kill em all

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

That DICK! posted:

all wrestlers are miserable, miserable little sacks of poo poo who deserve death. AJ is a rightwing nut, Seth is a Nazi, Dean is an anti-vaxxer. Kill em all

Oh Dean :/

Austin beat the poo poo out of his wife
Brock doesn't like gay people
Batista cheated on his wife with cancer because she wouldn't put out (though this one does make sense...)
Hogan is racist

No one is pure!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

When you think about it most wrestlers are cunts tbh

That DICK! posted:

:agreed:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He liked a tweet that called African migrants Muslin invaders.

Just building heat for a Zayn feud

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Abroham Lincoln posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOpHPfgqKW4

this only cements my belief that all wrestlers should get really fat

Look at how thin and bad Fat Konnor is here. He's not fat at all!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
isn't muslin a fabric

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is AJ really stupid to like a tweet like that?

He's a flat-earther and his views on THE GAY COMMUNITY are well known as well (see also: Briscoe, Jay). Then again, he is a good ol' southern boy raised in highly religious Georgia, so he was bound to have lovely opinions from childhood on.

That DICK! posted:

Dean is an anti-vaxxer.

Where did that come from?

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

JosephWongKS posted:

Attended my first house show tonight at the Raw roster's visit to Singapore.

First match was Jericho vs Hideo Itami. Isn't Jericho supposed to be touring with Fozzy? If he's willing and able to wrestle, why are they using him in house shows instead of on televised programmes? This match was quite slow with many rest-holds, and Jericho put Itami over.

Jericho has said before that he hates dealing with the writing team, and likes house shows. Which is pretty much the same thing Big Show said recently, too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That DICK! posted:

Batista is no longer a wrestler, probably because he's way too unshitty to be one

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

That DICK! posted:

I thought it was Bryan was the anti-vaxxer which is kind of sad considering he just had a kid :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
is dean really an anti-vaxxer?

• Locked thread