Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
WWE should have more segments where two bored children with 0 charisma sit around watching their father make a fool of himself

What I'm saying is become like WCW with the endless Ric/David/Reid Flair storylines but it is always the Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can see him loving up big stuff by inserting himself but I just can't fathom the overall product being as lovely as it currently is.

"Time to push good looking bodybuilders with limited wrestling skill on the main roster, while consigning all the indy dorks I hired to build up goodwill with the fans to NXT. That's really all I need to make money with the network anyway, the main roster is my playground with that stupid old man out of the way" - HHH, probably in a couple of years

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
He's probably a cisgender male too. And I bet he doesn't even have a tumblr account. He won't be missed

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Just write whatever stupid poo poo you want, it's not like the media is going to bother fact checking a pro wrestling story.

"Also appearing at the NJPW show will be the 7'6" Andre the Giant" sure, that sounds right. Print it.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Roman Reigns is the only wrestler to have an unironically good singles match with Suplex City Lesnar that didn't rely on being extremely short. I am regularly entertained by his matches, and his expressions are extremely good. I haven't seen an expression of babyface hope like when he finally staggered Lesnar in my entire time as a wrestling fan. Roman is a wrestler I can actually buy into the emotions he expresses on TV, unlike more or less anyone on the roster.

And since goons hated Roman around WM31 as a human being, I also sympathize with a human being held to an impossibly high standard.

Roman says something goons dislike about wrestling? loving DOUCHE.
Seth cheats on his fiancee with a Nazi (who he absolutely adores)? Love Seth even more (while claiming they think Nazis are bad and should not be around WWE, so don't claim it doesn't count because it isn't wrestling-related).

This is interesting (I am honestly curious why people like Roman Reigns) but it also shows how a lot of things are just 'different tastes'. I've never once felt invested in Roman Reigns due to his emoting or expressions, he seems incredibly bland to me in that regard.

MassRafTer posted:

He has great timing, absolutely fantastic timing mainly. WWE matches are pretty structured these days due to the style and agenting so one of the big things a wrestler can bring to them is timing. Roman knows exactly when to hit his spots and transition and that's part of why his big spots get big reactions so often even from a crowd booing him. He also does little things like knowing when to fight back and get hope spots in. He has a lot of physical charisma so that helps sell his strikes and such.

This I do understand though. He does have a lot of presence within a match. If WWE were booked to be more interesting I could see his matches having a lot of drama as to who would win/lose. Hell, I know the few times he's lost when no one expected it were really exciting for that reason. It's too bad that his future seems to be 'beat Brock Lesnar' so there probably aren't many surprises left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Roman getting fat and doing fat guy offense like big splashes and belly to belly suplexes would make him seriously awesome

• Locked thread