Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Also Joe/Brock is a match I've wanted to see for so long and I pray to Lavar that it's competitive and not a lame rear end Suplex City Squash

Yeah straight up I wanna see two big dudes hit each other real hard and toss each other around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wwe really is the place where good wrestlers go to retire now.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Well it seems like the writing and producer dudes are all guys who have no real idea how wrestling works. So when these veterans are used to going out and being able to figure out on their own what they have to do are being told how to do pretty much everything I'm sure it's annoying as hell.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

The producers are retired wrestlers.

I mean the suits who are just career corporate guys.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Coming out as a sick rear end barbarian is good, coming out as a weekend dad for a ride on his stupid dad motorcycle as he rides with the boys in blue is really good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Who could blame them really. They were brought in with the most heatless boring gimmick of all time and then their gimmick was taken away where they are literally no one.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

It looked like they'd get a push for five seconds after the Superstar Shakeup. They deserve credit for even sticking around that long.

They always struck me as dudes who are really good in the ring and try really hard to make the terrible gimmicks given to them work. That their one chance at a real push fizzled out pretty much instantly is proof that the brass ring doesn't exist.

They are great in ring. They are very smooth and have a good hard hitting style. But since wwe is all about lame gimmicks they never got far.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

That DICK! posted:

Which gimmick

Shooting stars

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

before they became timeshare scammers were the shining stars heels? or were they too boring to have an alignment

I think they were supposed to be heels but I never knew why other than saying Puerto Rico was pretty good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Romans matches all seem very planned out to an insane degree.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

WadeBartender posted:

I agree Randy Savage was bad

The difference being that it wasn't the company planning out savages matches, and Macho Man having the most charisma to ever exist in a human being.

Honestly my big problem with Roman is that he doesn't have an in ring personality. He just have very generic offense and has no real cohesion when streaming it all together. He's does a lot strikes where they don't look strong or painful in the slightest. His power moves aren't impressive, if he dives he almost clips the top rope almost every time. He's not that technical he really is just kind of bland in ring. His actually story telling is fine but I wouldn't watch one of his matches over anyone else. He's just kind of bland in ring wise.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think Toma Tonga should just be Roman instead.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Cena ER rules match is better but I forgot the Punk one.

The Cena Extreme Rules match is like everything I love about wrestling. That match was so loving awesome.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Invalid Validation posted:

When was the last time Roman even wrestled somebody who isn't a top star? Must be nice to grab that brass ring and be forced to work with very good wrestlers your whole career.

Braun. Surprise those matches sucked really loving bad.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Under the vegetable posted:

Braun is a top star and those matches ruled.

I too love matches where two guys lumber around for too long and awkwardly stumble through lame spots.

My favorite spot was when Braun went to the top turnbuckle for the first time in his entire career to do a flying nothing so Roman could counter it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

Now if he could only figure out how to use that knowledge.

Good news, he did!

• Locked thread