Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean, there's really no reason to come to WWE at this point unless you're destitute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Owns

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hunter is not perfect by any means but there's like no way it can be a worse product when Vince dies. It's not possible.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can see him loving up big stuff by inserting himself but I just can't fathom the overall product being as lovely as it currently is.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mary had a little clam posted:

Regarding Writer/Vince/HHH chat earlier in the thread, I have a stupid question:

Do you think WWE could, if they so chose, hire the showrunner of a successful "prestige TV" show to come do a "season" of WWE and help unfuck all the dumb writing and bad planning? Like would the skills translate? I'm thinking, like, could you throw some money at Game of Thrones' David Benioff and have him point WWE in the right direction? I mean, he runs a show with like 50 main characters where the whole point is people fighting and betraying each other. Do you think that would make him able to write WWE better?

If not an outside showrunner, who would you have replace HHH/Vince as the heads of Creative?

They think they do everything better than everyone else. There's nothing that could be done to change anything until Vince is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you completely remove the McMahon's from the equation, there's absolutely no reason a professional TV showrunner couldn't add to the product assuming they let the match agents worry about the in ring stuff.

As things stand now, no reasonable tv person who could get a job elsewhere would work in the wwe environment and in the off chance they took that leap, it would probably be 90 days or less before they quit.

The writers exist to flesh out Vince's bad ideas and be interchangeable parts which can be disposed of when those ideas inevitably fail.

• Locked thread