Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Eli Wiggum posted:

Seems like the easiest solution to improving WWE tenfold would be to fire their lovely writers

I'm convinced they effectively replace their writing staff every year, through attrition alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I'd really like to know when and why this became such a problem. When I listen to Bruce Prichard tall about how it was behind the scenes, it seems like the creative process was way smaller than what it is now.

While I do believe that Vince is just getting older and out of touch, I also believe the beginning of a lot of the problems can be traced back to when Stephanie, and later HHH, started taking on a bigger role in the company.

Honestly I think a lot of it is Founder's Syndrome. A company achieves success doing things a certain way, so they keep doing things that certain way even when it might not work anymore.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Who could blame them really. They were brought in with the most heatless boring gimmick of all time and then their gimmick was taken away where they are literally no one.

To this day I do not understand that gimmick. Like, at all. It's like... did Vince travel to Puerto Rico and have a terrible time and this was revenge?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Since a good part of the trouble with Roman is that he can't deliver a good promo (at least not the kind being written for him), him being more over in a place where they don't speak English is not surprising.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
A fatter Roman could work.

So much of the problem is WWE's Generic Face Template which Reigns is getting slotted into: not taking threats very seriously, always ready with a "witty" comeback to what the heel says, etc. He needs to act more dangerous and "don't make him angry"- that kind of edge I think is missing because they still want him to shrug off the boos and win over the crowd.

It's been a problem for a while. When Sheamus became WHC and was gonna be Smackdown's big babyface they started writing him as super jokey and tellin' stories and again, not being too concerned by his rivals. Cena could pull that off but it's not for everyone.

And I'd argue even Cena's gotten better the more he can cut the bullshit and treat the upcoming match like the epic battle it's gonna be. Ya gotta have gravitas.

• Locked thread