Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Attended my first house show tonight at the Raw roster's visit to Singapore.

First match was Jericho vs Hideo Itami. Isn't Jericho supposed to be touring with Fozzy? If he's willing and able to wrestle, why are they using him in house shows instead of on televised programmes? This match was quite slow with many rest-holds, and Jericho put Itami over.

Second match was Titus O'Neil vs Bo Dallas. I was surprised to see that Titus is still wrestling - I thought he had entered fully into a manager / valet role. Even more surprising was the fact that Titus actually got a decent pop, and a bigger one than Bo did. Also, Titus won in around three minutes! I know house show results aren't "official" but how low in the pecking order must Bo be that he got booked to be squashed by Titus?

Third match was Sheamsaro vs Slater-Rhyno. Standard tag match that ended with Sheamus pinning Rhyno after a sudden Brogue Kick while Slater and Cesaro were battling each other outside the ring, leaving Slater too far away to break up Sheamus' pin.

Then there was a segment where Enzo came to the ring to talk about feeling hurt by the break-up of his tag team, and Cass appeared to apologise to him and then clotheslined him in the ring after they "reconciled". It was weird seeing them repeat what they'd already done on the latest Monday Night Raw a mere two nights ago. Were they assuming that the audience hadn't watched Raw or read the synopsis on the wrestling websites?

Fourth match was a tag match between Miz / Samoa Joe and Dean Ambrose / Seth Rollins. This match had the highest concentrated star-power of any match in this show, and was also the most entertaining. The crowd cheered Samoa Joe, Ambrose and Rollins, and booed only Miz. Miz played a chicken-poo poo cowardly heel, and the match ended with Sheamus Ambrose pinning Rhyno Miz after a sudden Brogue Kick Dirty Deeds while Slater and Cesaro Joe and Rollins were battling each other outside the ring, leaving Slater Joe too far away to break up Sheamus' Ambrose's pin.

Fifth match was a six-person tag match between Nia / Alexa / Emma and Bayley / Sasha / Asuka. Nia got a pretty big cheer, Alexa got relatively little reaction for some reason, and the crowd was completely silent for Emma's entrance. Bayley got a big pop despite her latest character decline, Sasha got a bigger pop, and Asuka was a pleasant surprise. (If she's appearing in Raw house shows, does that mean that she's likely to be brought up to the main roster soon?) The match was rather confusing and messy as they were trying to fit six women into far too little time. A lot of tagging in and out after just a few seconds of action. Miz Alexa played a chicken-poo poo cowardly heel, and the match ended with Sheamus Ambrose Asuka pinning tapping out Rhyno Miz Emma after a sudden Brogue Kick Dirty Deeds Asuka Lock while Slater and Cesaro Joe and Rollins the other four women were battling each other outside the ring, leaving Slater Joe Nia and Alexa too far away to break up Sheamus' Ambrose's Asuka's pin submission. Is WWE always this lazy with house show match endings, or is this just the case for overseas house shows?

Sixth match was Gallows vs Finn Balor. The theme of this match was "interference by the heel's partner", with Anderson repeatedly attacking or grabbing Finn from outside the ring while Gallows distracted the referee. The crowd kept chanting "Bullet Club" throughout the match - WWE could have made so much money if only they'd let Gallows, Anderson, AJ and Finn be on the same show and form a faction. they Finn won after a Coup de Grāce - I'm surprised they let him use this move on house shows, given how dangerous it appears to be.

Main event was Bray vs Roman Reigns. Roman entered to the loudest boos of the night, but as the match progressed there were repeated dueling chants of "Let's go Roman / Roman sucks", with "Let's go Roman" coming mainly from the children in the crowd. There was also a chant of "We want Strowman" early on in the match. Roman won after a Superman Punch, and after he got the three-count, the crowd was silent. It was not clear to me whether the crowd was silent because he'd earned their respect with the quality of the match, or because they'd been drained after all the booing during the match. I stayed till after Roman walked behind the curtain into the staging area, on the off-chance that Braun Strowman might make a surprise appearance and attack Roman, but alas he never did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread