Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sasha beats Bliss for the title. She then turns to redo the NXT feud with Bayley only this time it fails because of how badly Bayley's been booked, Sasha's not allowed to be as vicious as she was in NXT, and the matches won't be agented as well.

Alexa turns because no one gives a drat about any of the remaining faces, and the circle is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

kinetic77 posted:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he's done. NXT Bayley vs WWE Bayley are not the same. See also Sami Zayn, American Alpha, Enzo and Cass, all the cruiser weights, etc.

Raw and Smackdown are the big leagues you see and people will never get over without scripted promos and paint by numbers matches, and 50/50 booking.

I mean, say what you want about Roman's character and booking, 85% of it has been terrible, but at the very least they got the kids 'n soccer moms portion of it right. It's the easiest section of the fanbase to get over with, they like the person that wins a lot and looks strong when they do it.

Bayley was tailor-made for that bit of the fanbase, and they screwed her up so much the kids were apparently cheering Bliss during their kendo stick match.

Character that's basically female Cena doesn't have a clean singles win on the main roster in like 7 months, gets the title handed to her by her friend, really only has one major clean successful defense of it at Mania in a multi match, then gets made to look like a schmuck in her first major defense feud and promptly loses it in her hometown THEN gets destroyed in the rematch where she refuses to go :ssj:.

That's like the complete opposite way to book someone to get over with their intended demographic, or ANY wrestling demo really.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Blasmeister posted:

I was mad they gave Lana the first rematch for no reason after losing decisively, this is just absurd

Personally I'm happy for the return of Christian's "One...more...match!" gimmick

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Roman's a good wrestler, it's just consistently hilarious how hard WWE tries to push him as a powerhouse when he's more like a striker, and seeing him visibly strain to do power moves while Cole screams "The POWER of Roman Reigns!" will never not be funny.

I can't understand how Vince & HHH see how much he struggles cutting promos and connecting with the crowd verbally in a way that he doesn't come off as an rear end in a top hat heel and they don't hire a good acting teacher for him, especially if they're planning on him being the ace of the company for the next several years. As the heir to Cena, Rock, Austin, Michaels, Hogan that poo poo's kind of important. Bret was the last sorta face of the company who couldn't talk very well, and that was over 20 years ago, and it was one of the things that probably held him back from being on top longer...and even HE was better than Reigns at it!

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Bill Goldberg posted:

roman reigns sucks worse than anyone in history, now can we please stop derailing the thread

Somewhere between this and Roman Reigns Has Always Been Good is the truth.

The Fashion Police are on the case.

• Locked thread